Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just a quick reminder that things can/and will turn around
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Just a quick reminder that things can/and will turn around

May 13, 2013, 1:40 PM

In the Iron Bowl in the past decade Auburn won 6 straight years sometimes dominate and sometimes close over Alabama. However, since Alabama has rebounded in 2008 they have become an absolute dynasty in the process beating everybody.

Florida State won 4 in a row over Florida before the Gators won 6 in a row in 81 to 86 until the Seminoles won 4 in a row again.

Georgia won 7 of the last 8 before the current 3 game losing streak to the coots

All rivalry have skids of streaks including ours and the palmetto state is about to take a change for the better. The gamecocks have won with dominate defense and possession offense. That defense(except for one) has graduated and the tide is about to take a very big turn

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I know is that in the first 39 years of my life....

May 13, 2013, 2:22 PM

I never had to experience back to back losses to the Coots...not once.

The idea of losing 3 games in a row was absurd, much less 4.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

When I was in school (1969-1973) we couldn't beat SCAR

May 14, 2013, 8:51 AM

in anything! Not football, not basketball, not baseball .. nothing!

As a youngster, I thought it was permanent. I was wrong.

It was just one of those blips on the screen that over the course of 100+ years come along every so often, but always goes away.

This current blip will go away as well.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And from 1992-2002...

May 13, 2013, 2:29 PM

Florida State never lost to Clemson.

Everything comes and goes...

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just a quick reminder that things can/and will turn around

May 13, 2013, 2:33 PM

I don't know if it will be this year but only a fool would think that this streak will continue. With the game being at WB it will be a hard win for Clemson and the best chance to stop it will probably be 2014 in Clemson. The Watson kid will be the difference maker for better or worse then. I see Chad Kelly as Clemson's Stephen Garcia...too into himself, and that doesn't translate into a team player. The Watson kid will be the real deal because he seems to have his priorities in order.

its worked pretty good for clowney.

May 13, 2013, 2:44 PM

qb's (kelly) needs a little attitude, imo. and just think, if it wasn't for boyd or watkins- 'ol doo-doo might be the best player in the state.

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: its worked pretty good for clowney.

May 13, 2013, 2:57 PM

Clowney is the best player in the nation...not my words...the NFL says it and every football pundit says it.

at his position. no more, no less.

May 13, 2013, 3:03 PM

don't need to make him into anything he isn't.

Re: at his position. no more, no less.

May 13, 2013, 3:15 PM

He would have been the No.1 pick in the NFL draft this year....that makes him the best player this year. He is projected to be the No.1 player in the NFL draft next year. That makes him the best player in the nation.....the NFL pundits are saying teams will trade up if they can to get him but no one will be willing to move if they get the No.1 pick. Hate him if you must but he is what he is....the best player in the nation regardless of position.

so, if you are the gm of a team, and you need a qb, or db,

May 14, 2013, 4:22 AM

you still go after clowney? jeez, y'all are starved for attention at usuc!

Yes. At worst, he's valuable enough to be traded.

May 14, 2013, 9:22 AM

Look at the Chargers, they knew someone would want Eli Manning, so they took him and got the QB they wanted, Philip Rivers, as well as anther draft pick in the deal. They'd have been better off with Manning, but the point still stands to reason: They took someone they didn't want to trade for two things they did want.

They would not have been better off with Manning, he didn't

May 14, 2013, 4:14 PM

want to be there. Clowney will go first unless and Andrew Luck type QB emerges this season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not Quite

May 14, 2013, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: at his position. no more, no less. ]

Position does matter a lot. For example if there was a kicker who never missed a single kick with a range out to 65 yds he wouldn't be the #1 pick (and not likely even a 1st round). Specific positions get selected first in the draft and they tend to be QB, DT, DE, and occasionally OT. It is infrequent that even a RB or LB are selected with the first pick.

The first pick in the draft is absolutely not the best player in college, it is the guy who has the potential to make the biggest impact. And that make it highly position dependent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That kicker would go in the first round, provided the

May 14, 2013, 4:15 PM

Raiders had a pick in that first round.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With Kelly's injury...

May 14, 2013, 2:36 PM [ in reply to its worked pretty good for clowney. ]

and Watson coming in next year, there's more than a good chance that Kelly never see's the field in a Clemson Uniform outside of backup duties.

I call 'em like I see 'em...

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

so, you've seen kelly and watson play ?

May 15, 2013, 9:23 AM

i can't say that i ever have. a highlight tape is just that, highlights.

Clemson has been the more talented team...

May 13, 2013, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Just a quick reminder that things can/and will turn around ]

every year during the losing streak with the exception of the year Clemson had a losing season. It's no different this year, when Clemson has the team to beat South Carolina. But, for whatever reason, South Carolina has had Clemson's number defensively in a way that almost no other team has.

As for winning in WB, that hasn't been a problem for Clemson in the past.

Also, it's not at all fair to compare Kelly to Garcia until Kelly actually gets in trouble. You may have forgotten that not only did Garcia have a bad attitude, he was also an alcoholic who was in and out of the police precinct with regularity. Kelly, at least, has stayed out of trouble and seems well liked by the rest of the team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson has been the more talented team...

May 13, 2013, 3:00 PM

I will give you that on the Kelly comparison but I was talking the "into himself" not the outside of the law troubles.

Garcia was liked by his team as well. Did you see how they

May 14, 2013, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Clemson has been the more talented team... ]

responded against ECU a few years back with Shaw? As soon as Garcia came in everyone around him looked better. Nevermind that he was suspended and should have stayed that way.

I see him a lot more like Tanneyhill

May 14, 2013, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Just a quick reminder that things can/and will turn around ]

if you want to draw a comparison to one of your QB's. Chad IS cocky but that is what revs his motor. What revved the motor for Garcia was trouble and that is something Chad has not seen.

Yeah, except that Clemson has consistently dominated

May 13, 2013, 2:46 PM

Btw, "dominate" is a verb and "dominant" is an adjective.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As they say, the worm will turn. And in this case, the worm

May 13, 2013, 3:15 PM

has moobs.

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

May 14, 2013, 5:28 AM

I see our resident Coot is hard on the trail for the A$$clown.

What are you coots gonna do when Clowney is gone, and that senile "ole ball sack" soon follows???

Answer: Mediocrity again. Then again, 100+ years of just that, shouldt be to much of a shock.

Go Tigers!!!

May 14, 2013, 12:45 PM

Well that remains to be seen. I would think with the SEC exposure, money, and the fact that we have been so success lately would make it easy for us to hire who ever we wanted for a coach. Yea....we'll be fine.

Re: USCe could hire anyone they want

May 14, 2013, 1:33 PM

I don't know if you could hire anyone that you wanted.

Re: USCe could hire anyone they want

May 14, 2013, 1:36 PM

Within reason....yes.

Re: Re: USCe could hire anyone they want

May 14, 2013, 1:40 PM

I'm not saying that you couldn't get a good coach, but in my opinion there are only about 3-4 schools that could get anyone that they want.

May 14, 2013, 2:38 PM

We wouldn't go after a Saban or O'Brien..we would go after a proven guy looking to move up....I could see a Charlie Strong type move. He was here as a DC for a few years. It would be that type of coach.

May 14, 2013, 2:28 PM

Oh sure they could. Lou Holtz is on coachfinder.com and I hear Bobby "crash" Petrino is also actively looking.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

We have never had to deal with the $$$ discrepancies...

May 14, 2013, 7:49 PM

that are now reality and getting worse with every deal the SEC makes and the ACC doesn't make.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic