Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It was a spring board game...off the low diving board...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

It was a spring board game...off the low diving board...

Jan 3, 2013, 1:49 PM

We didn't win the national championship and I would like to think this was NOT good enough ! We won when they said we couldn't but so do a lot of teams. This could have been tragic if we had lost but we averted that and it was just a step in the right direction....not a leap forward. We still have unfinished business and this is not the glass ceiling for us or this program. LSU was a preseason favorite to contend for the NC....so was Fla. St....Michigan....Southern Cal....and on and on. I will enjoy this win but I refuse to make it more than it was....a good win over a quality opponent in a New Years eve bowl game. If you think the was the greatest thing outside of the '81 NC then get off the wagon now. It will get better than this....we need to beat the coots before getting up in their face over this win. They won too....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I think was most important about beating LSU.......

Jan 3, 2013, 1:54 PM

is that we didn't get intimidated and we didn't give up - played four full quarters and did what it took to win. That's the kind of mindset and effort we need to have all the time.

Would you mind posting this again? Some TNetters might

Jan 3, 2013, 1:54 PM

have missed it since you only posted it 10 times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen. We used to expect to win these.

Jan 3, 2013, 1:55 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we shut up some folks up but we were ranked #14.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: Amen. We used to expect to win these.

Jan 3, 2013, 2:03 PM

How long ago was it that we expected to win these types of games?

Re: It was a spring board game...off the low diving board...

Jan 3, 2013, 2:06 PM

Winning against a top 10 team is considered off the low diving board in your book? What would move us to the big board in your opinion?

Just a question:

Jan 3, 2013, 2:12 PM

I agree with you for the most part, but have we honestly had a bigger win than this one since the '81 National Championship?

Here's my incomplete list of huge wins since 1981:

*UGA 1986
*FSU 1989
*Penn State 1988
*Oklahoma 1989 (closest equivalent No 10 v. No. 13)
*WVU 1990, although WVU was not nearly as good that year as they had been the year before.
*Tennessee 2004, but tarnished by the up and down season.

Furthermore, put it in historical context - the games above, along with the '79 win at Notre Dame, the '78 Gator Bowl easily the biggest wins in my lifetime other than the NC. I think this one ranks close to those. So this would be easily in the Top 10 wins in the past 35 years.

Yes, there is much to critique, and we must build on this win. And no, we did not play perfectly. But it's hard to deny that this was a great win by any standard.

Tell 'em coot***

Jan 3, 2013, 2:12 PM

How about posting a video of ANY sports pundit that picked

Jan 3, 2013, 2:14 PM

Clemson to win. I never heard a single one. That's the satisfaction of it all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By all means, look for

Jan 3, 2013, 2:20 PM

the lowest common denominator. You must lead a miserable life.

Lighten up, Francis....

Jan 3, 2013, 2:30 PM

and get a clue. We beat a team that we weren't supposed to win, in front of a national TV audience. Our young men played their best game of the season. We also had the best season finish in many years. All good stuff.

I'm not buying that we have to win the NC for a season to be worthwhile. Not. At. All.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic