Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spurrier whining again! "We didn't get much Pub today" but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Spurrier whining again! "We didn't get much Pub today" but

Feb 7, 2013, 9:00 AM

Rivals and ESPN have them 8th in the SEC in Recruiting and Scout has them 10th behind Miss. State and Vandy! So when Spurrier says, "we didn't get a lot of Pub today", tell him the reason is you don't usually get a lot of Pub for signing guys who chose you over Eastern Carolina and Marshall. LOL!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It should be obvious to USuc fans that Spurrier has

Feb 7, 2013, 9:21 AM

put little to no effort into recruiting the last 2 cycles. yes, the signed Clowner 3 cycles ago, but they haven't done crap since, all the while Florida and UGA have continued out recruiting them.

The poor ##### had their chance but now they are stuck with a 75 year old coach that would rather spend the off season playing golf while the young guns in his own division our out recruiting him.

they just had back to back 11 win seasons and were out recruited by virtually every SEC school except for Vandy, Kentucky and UT.

reality is about to bite them in the ### in the next 2-3 years when he retires and the cupboard is empty again.

Captain Obvious

Feb 7, 2013, 10:05 AM

How in the heck have we beaten you with a combined score of 124-54 the past 4 years with all those great classes and 5 stars you sign out of high school? Captain Obvious, is that great coaching or developing players? Our rivals avg recruit ranking is 3.38. Yours is 3.30. Take away Shaq Lawson, who counted as a 4-star last year and this year, and it is about 3.27. This year you play in a stadium where we currently have won 27 of our last 29 games....

Re: Captain Obvious

Feb 7, 2013, 10:15 AM

why bother rooster. it is quite obvious yall have put poor clemson in your rear view mirror. yet here you are on our site defending your recruiting class. maybe you should be worried more about finishing anywhere from 8th to 10th in the mighty sec conference. you probably did enough however to possibly keep up those fine 5th place finishes which is good enough to order 11 win rings. all good things come to an end and i would just say enjoy it while it lasts. and hey congrats once again on that star studded class. and as lee corso said, usc will never win the sec in the next 200 years. chew on that you stinking coot and get on back to your feathered friends.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2013, 10:19 AM

See you in williams brice deroberts- i will save you a seat. By the way, how is Clowney investigation coming? Ha- you were well informed!

It must really suck to be a #### lover. Pathetic.***

Feb 7, 2013, 10:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

stick to the issue at hand little red banty hen***

Feb 7, 2013, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Captain Obvious ]

Feb 7, 2013, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Captain Obvious ]

I guess the point that the guy paying the freight down there from rock hill had been dissassociated from your program is just a little side note huh. And to my knowledge clowney was never part of the investigation.

Feb 7, 2013, 12:51 PM

But he certainly should have been.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Save me a seat too!

Feb 7, 2013, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Captain Obvious ]

When you get mad and leave at halftime, I'll let my dad take yours too!

stick to the issue at hand little red banty hen***

Feb 7, 2013, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Captain Obvious ]

Feb 7, 2013, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Captain Obvious ]

....... and at one time lost 22 in a row - oh I forgot that included some away games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2013, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Captain Obvious ]

Exactly. Y'all can keep winning in February, we will keep winning in November. You star hawks crack me up. Wouldnt trade classes with Clemson.

I would suggest that you enjoy....

Feb 7, 2013, 12:25 PM

your uncharacteristic four year run while it lasts.

If history is any indication and it's another 59 years before it happens again, you may not live long enough to see it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Captian Obvious indeed....

Feb 7, 2013, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Captain Obvious ]

You sure as he!! haven't won 27 of the last 29 games against Clemson that were played in Williams Lice Stadium.

In fact, of the last 29 Clemson/$CU games played at the dead cockroach (which dates back to 1957), Clemson has won 18 of those meetings while $CU has won 11.

Now I'm sure you consider that ancient history so permit me to modernize it for you. Let's just go back to the last 12 meetings where the record is 9 - 3 in favor of Clemson.

Still too ancioent. Well then...let's just look back at the last 5 meetings where the record is 3 - 2 in favor of Clemson.

You may want to consider putting in a few more hours at the Waffle House between now and November when the rent is due.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:USC IS IN CALIFORNIA AND CAROLINA IS IN

Feb 7, 2013, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Captain Obvious ]

CHAPEL HILL. Remember it dirtpecker.

This guy's name is "Rooster Booster"

Feb 7, 2013, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Captain Obvious ]

Hahaha don't you know how lame that sounds?

You should change it to "#### r0cker"

they've just had really good luck at getting 3 playmakers

Feb 7, 2013, 10:14 AM [ in reply to It should be obvious to USuc fans that Spurrier has ]

that have basically built their program for him and they really just fell in their lap not out of loyalty or desire to be a gamecock but geography or circumstances....

Clowney - could've went anywhere but wanted to go to school close to Rock Hill (1 hour drive, if that)Do his 3 years in a good football conference and make his money in the NFL. Thats why he almost gave us a shot at the end but i guess didn't want to travel that extra hour too and fro. (thus SCAR picked him up out of default)

Lattimore - Committed their b/c his sister and alot of close friends were there. Wanted to be close to family and it wasn't too far from home either. Had his sister when to Clemson he would've been a tiger. (Dabo needs to start recruited the siblings now I guess...don't be surprised if thats not the next big thing...see nkemdiche)

Alshon - Was committed to the real USC forever..then on signing day changed his mind b/c the probation rumors were starting to swirl and columbia was in his backyard so defaut pick up for SCAR.

And those (3) players have changed their perception thus they'll get alot of pub, more solid recruits, and production from those 3 were the difference in a ton of games. Alshon single-handedly beat us two straight years and Clowney sealed the deal in the 2nd half against us and countless others, while Lattimore was probably the best RB in the SEC while he was healthy.

Those were 3 huge bigtime players that just happened to fall in their lap out of convenience. Spurrier didn't do anything to win those kids or have to work too hard to get them there.....they just came b/c it was easier than the alternative. Maybe his name may have given SCAR an edge but Spurrier isn't he one to grant the success...its those 3 players above that did it.

And if they can somehow stop gettting those lucky bounces they'll be back in Tennessee's spot and we'll get back to whipping them every year...its coming. their little run won't last forever.

Re: they've just had really good luck at getting 3 playmakers

Feb 7, 2013, 12:58 PM

If those guys are smart, they will downplay their affiliation with usuc. It's not much to rest one's laurels on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It should be obvious to USuc fans that Spurrier has

Feb 7, 2013, 10:30 AM [ in reply to It should be obvious to USuc fans that Spurrier has ]

Our Classes have been simillar to the ones from 2008-2011. You know, the ones that gave us the players to beat you four years in a row.

You can continue to win signing day all you want, be my guest

stuck on a 4 year history? why not look at it all then which

Feb 7, 2013, 10:56 AM

paints the true overall picture...or maybe you just need to stick to softball and hairspray

You mean the ones you paid to play?***

Feb 7, 2013, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: It should be obvious to USuc fans that Spurrier has ]

Re: It should be obvious to USuc fans that Spurrier has

Feb 7, 2013, 12:50 PM [ in reply to It should be obvious to USuc fans that Spurrier has ]

Not sure if so, but they may have backed off due to their not having more room for any more NCAA infractions. They did just get their hand spanked, although with a wet noodle, about "Whitney Gate", you know. Doubt they would be that clever though.

rivals has them right behind us and has them with a higher

Feb 7, 2013, 9:39 AM

star per player ranking than us. So, I wouldnt short sell them just yet. True, they are 8th in SEC but 7 out of top 10 were SEC. They got a very good solid class.

They're #16 and 8th in SEC, we're #14 and #2 in ACC. Says a lot about the conference.

Spurrier's been recruiting big physical solid guys. those guys play well but dont look flashy on the recruiting pages. But they've been winning with those guys so who are we to question him right now. Until all these flashy recruiting classes Dabo has signed start beating the coots, you've got to tip your cap to jackleg spurrier.

Don't like saying it, but Cooter recruiting is not bad at al

Feb 7, 2013, 9:50 AM

Wish it weren't so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: rivals has them right behind us and has them with a higher

Feb 7, 2013, 9:52 AM [ in reply to rivals has them right behind us and has them with a higher ]

Hard to afford something nice to hid your feathers with that SCar degree isn't it.

Things are about to get a lot more difficult for SOS when every coach in the country is allowed unlimited contact with recruits. No way he wants to pick up the phone everyday and put forth the effort to actually talk to a recruit.

null

The fact that you brought out your SEC crutch

Feb 7, 2013, 9:59 AM [ in reply to rivals has them right behind us and has them with a higher ]

convinced me....

you're a coot.

He also uses "tigerstripe777" among many others.

Feb 7, 2013, 10:36 AM

I think something is wrong with the kid.

Re: He also uses "tigerstripe777" among many others.

Feb 7, 2013, 11:07 AM

Cogan you could not be more wrong.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, and you're a proven liar.

Feb 7, 2013, 6:15 PM

Like when you paraded around here acting like an LSU fan. As comical as it was watching your 10 brain cells try to pull off the charade, it was enjoyable watching you get the permanent ban.. at least with that handle. Good thing you have a dozen more.

Have you noticed over the last few years that

Feb 7, 2013, 10:06 AM [ in reply to rivals has them right behind us and has them with a higher ]

rivals has kept Clemson and the other school close in ranking regardless of how good or bad recruiting may go? They get more hits from this area that way.
espn ignores the rivalry and ranks according to their perception.

Tell 'em coot

Feb 7, 2013, 10:31 AM [ in reply to rivals has them right behind us and has them with a higher ]

Another coot ashamed to use a USCheat handle.

"Spurrier's been recruiting big physical solid guys". You

Feb 7, 2013, 10:34 AM [ in reply to rivals has them right behind us and has them with a higher ]

meant to say chemically growing them. It's the SEC way.

we are 9th-12th you are 17th-25th nationally so stop

Feb 7, 2013, 10:57 AM [ in reply to rivals has them right behind us and has them with a higher ]

inflating and twisting the numbers

Re: rivals has them right behind us and has them with a higher

Feb 7, 2013, 12:13 PM [ in reply to rivals has them right behind us and has them with a higher ]

Pretty sad you are too ashamed of the dirt peckers to get a screen name of the school you pull for.

Mods clean #### like this up.

null

PEDS

Feb 7, 2013, 10:37 AM

You might want to get Crowder on PEDS he looks like a big ball of fat no wonder every program backed off

Only a #### would say something so dumb.

Feb 7, 2013, 10:48 AM

Crowder was one of the most coveted offensive linemen in the United States. Period. UGA, South Carolina, Texas, Tennessee, Florida, Florida State, Auburn, Alabama, Nebraska, North Carolina, etc... They all would have loved to ink him.

Try to be less of a moron. Thanks.

I wouldn't bring up PEDS

Feb 7, 2013, 10:54 AM [ in reply to PEDS ]

It just makes everyone remember the Gamecock football program getting busted for steroid use.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Just a matter of time before rampant use in the SEC becomes

Feb 7, 2013, 10:57 AM

common knowledge. It's out of control, and Spurrier has signed up.

Re: PEDS

Feb 7, 2013, 12:16 PM [ in reply to PEDS ]

Coming from the school that had coaches busted for FELONIES in the 80s involving PEDs that is pretty funny.

null

No he wasn't***

Feb 7, 2013, 10:53 AM

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic