Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just a few observations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Just a few observations

Oct 26, 2014, 8:46 PM

When did Clemson football become two teams? It's not Coach Morris offense or Coach Vennables defense it's Clemson football team coached by Coach Swinney.

Why in the world are the fans booing our QB? Do they not know he's playing hurt? He didn't have the strongest arm to begin with, but it's not nearly as strong as it was in the UGA game. The guy is out there giving it his all and the fans are booing him? Don't try and give me the we are booing the play calling. What would you have our coaches call? Our QB can't throw the deep ball, we have no big play threat at RB, our top passing catching TE is hurt, our QB isn't very fast and is not a good runner. So not being able to throw downfield to Williams and not having a running QB we have to rely on the short passing game, and mix in the run so Cole isn't a sitting duck in the pocket.

We will be a much better offensive team once Watson comes back, he will help the running game and will make us a down field passing team. This team can finish the regular season with a 10-2 record.

Let's think about the 10-2 regular season and a potential 11-2 season for a minute. If that happens it will be the best 4 year run in school history, but yet some of you still complain and question this program. I really don't understand the logic. Coach Swinney has us set up for a 6 to 10 year run of double digit wins. Next year and 2016 we will field a much better team and a very good home schedule next season with our toughst games at home Notre Dame and FSU. I for one am very happy with what Coach Swinney is doing with our program. Some of you act like it's easy and anyone can lead our program to this level. Coach Swinney has a vision of where he would like to take the program and he isn't there yet. The recruiting is just starting to reach a top five level and once we break ground on the new 60 Plus million dollar football operations buildoing in 2015 or early 2016 it will only get better.

Go Tigers, and Tiger fans everywhere please quit booing our QB!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait, wait, wait a minute

Oct 26, 2014, 8:57 PM

"If that happens it will be the best 4 year run in school history..."

my 4 years at Clemson, we lost 6 games total in 4 years....

1981 - 0 games (12-0)
1982 - 1 game, UGA (9-1-1)
1982 - 1 game, BC (9-1-1)
1983 - 4 games, UGA/GT/MD/SCAR (7-4)

that beats 10-4, 11-2, 11-2, 11-2 all day. Maybe not total wins (they play more games now), but record-wise it doesn't.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wait, wait, wait a minute

Oct 26, 2014, 9:07 PM

Maybe he should have clarified that it has the potential to be the best four year non-probation run in school history...there are some reasons those teams were very very good.

Gamecocks have been on probation about 8 of the last 10years

Oct 26, 2014, 9:10 PM

does their historic run not count?

I think those records count just the same.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wait, wait, wait a minute

Oct 26, 2014, 9:09 PM [ in reply to wait, wait, wait a minute ]

That's your opinion and that was a great run, but that 7-4 team wasn't very good it blew a 20 point half time lead to USC... I didn't look it up but didn't we go 8-5 the next season. I just think we are just getting started with a very long run kinda like the run Bowden had at FSU 13 straight years of 10 plus wins.

Appreciate your zeal

Oct 26, 2014, 9:12 PM

and "taking up" for CS, etc. and overall your spirit and pride are good. But Cole's throwing shoulder is not hurt, and he zinged a few good throws, one I recall to Mike Williams for a big first down (third conversion), so yes he can throw the ball around. Maybe not like DeSean, but he's not handicapped like you describe his arm. He also made a couple of good runs actually, and was tackled, so he's doing OK there, according to his ability.

What tight end do you refer to? They can catch fine if we throw it to them. I just saw one catch one for a touchdown that basically won the game for us. As for the hurt tight end, he was hardly used or thrown to for the first four games of the season anyway. I guarantee if we throw to the tight ends we have on the field they will catch it, that's my belief, and I've not seen an indication otherwise.

Other than this, you haven't really stated anything new. We all know our offense is hurting, our talent is doing the best they can, and our D is saving us, and it's just all team, like you say, and that's what's important. So your first line is really your best line.

Re: Appreciate your zeal

Oct 26, 2014, 9:21 PM

The TE is Jordon Leggett he is by far our best recieving TE.

Cole can't throw the deep ball the 45 to 50 yard post and go routes to Williams. There have been several passes on the deep ball that were 10 to 15 yards under thrown. Yes he had a couple of good runs. Watch him on the boot legs he can't get to the corner and put any pressure on the defense on that side, and sometimes he has to float away from the line, becasue he can't get outside of the DE. Remember the bad pass against FSU on the first drive that cost us a TD his feet cost us that TD.

I know it's not his throwing shoulder, but you can tell it is effecting his throwing motion.

Look: Cole's arm was hit on both interceptions

Oct 26, 2014, 9:58 PM

Why did no one see that Cole's arm was hit on both of the interceptions thrown. The rusher hindered his follow through on both of them. I thought he missed several long throws, but played basically a sound game.

Re: Look: Cole's arm was hit on both interceptions

Oct 26, 2014, 10:27 PM

It's true his arm was hit and that that caused the interceptions. However, if you put Watson in Cole's position there on both of those interceptions, and put his shoes in concrete, he still gets that pass out w/o getting his arm hit because his delivery doesn't take longer than a round of golf.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic