Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC may be on the rise.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

ACC may be on the rise.

Apr 24, 2019, 6:45 AM

I realize we are putting together a potentially all time great recruiting class, but Miami, UNC, and FSU are ranked in the top 10 as well. Looks like the ACC may be stepping it up as a whole.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC may be on the rise.

Apr 24, 2019, 6:49 AM

Has toad Ellis given his opinion of which way the ACC is cycling?

Smoke and mirrors

Apr 24, 2019, 6:51 AM

Those 3 are ranked highly because of the number of commits right now. UNC and FSU are both averaging under 90 for their average player rating which is a low 4 star. They are all likely going to be top 20ish classes but UNC and FSU will fall as more of the major programs start to catch up numbers wise.

Re: Smoke and mirrors

Apr 24, 2019, 7:12 AM

Per 247
We have 12 commits and are ranked first.
Miami has 11 commits and is ranked 4th.
FSU has 10 commits and is ranked 7th
UNC has 11 commits and is ranked 8th

Re: Smoke and mirrors

Apr 24, 2019, 7:15 AM

And most of your major players in recruiting are between 5 and 8 commits. So our 12 commits have an average rating of 95 (absolutely insane), Miami’s 11 are around 92, and the other 2 are hovering between 87 and 89.

So you're saying those teams are doing well in recruiting?

Apr 24, 2019, 7:19 AM

Pretty sure that's undeniable.

No I’m saying the opposite

Apr 24, 2019, 7:23 AM

I’m saying their rankings are inflated because they have more commits than most but when the numbers start to even out, FSU and UNC particularly are going to get jumped.

Right now their recruits are primarily fringe 3/4* players which won’t get you to a top 10 class unless you sign 35 of them.

Sorry to disagree, but I think it's obvious they're doing

Apr 24, 2019, 7:31 AM

well in recruiting despite any attempt to twist the numbers. Just saying, no offense.

Re: Sorry to disagree, but I think it's obvious they're doing

Apr 24, 2019, 7:34 AM

This is America it’s your right to disagree my man. They’ve done a good job at getting commits early and for UNC they’re recruiting over their heads right now but neither of those will be top 15 classes and 2 straight years of classes outside the top 15 at FSU is a massively failure.

Re: Sorry to disagree, but I think it's obvious they're doing

Apr 24, 2019, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Sorry to disagree, but I think it's obvious they're doing ]

+ 1 for each of you for having an adult honest disagreement on the internet. Wish I could give you both 100 TUs.

Apr 24, 2019, 7:08 AM

BornATiger13 hit the nail on the head.

In addition, FSU's coaching staff has yet to prove they know how to coach the top-5 talent they already have.

I don't see how another top 10 class is going to change that dynamic.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2019, 7:13 AM

A good friend from high school is an FSU grad so we talk a lot of Nole football and my take on Taggart from the beginning was that he is known as a great recruiter but if you looked at the numbers he was getting a bunch of 4*’s but no 5*’s (which could be attributed to where he was recruiting to previously but has yet to show the ability to land one). If you looked at Bobby and Jimbo’s rosters at FSU it was littered with 5* monsters all over the field. They don’t really have that anymore. Wilson and Akers are both good players but weren’t recruited by Taggart and likely gone after this year.

This isn’t the intimidating FSU roster of old and the way they’re recruiting it appears to be backsliding further. They’re getting solid players but not difference makers and Taggart hasn’t stayed anywhere longer than 3 years so he has minimal experience developing players and maintaining a culture.

Apr 24, 2019, 7:14 AM [ in reply to Re: ACC may be on the rise. ]

None of them are a remote threat to us, but they may be on the rise generally and the ACC may not be viewes so weakly in a few years as it is now.

Rise is a relative term

Apr 24, 2019, 7:21 AM

Right now Syracuse is probably the biggest threat in conference but they won’t be able to recruit well enough to keep up with our horses.

NC state is getting better but they’re basically at their ceiling in terms of recruiting right now and have to rely on NC having a lot of talent in a given class then being able to keep most of those kids home and they’ve done most of it without the threat of UNC.

Miami under Diaz will improve and should be able to recruit well enough to be top 15 consistently.

VT is a mess and doesn’t appear to be trending upward.

FSU doesn’t appear to be on the right track. Briles’ offense might score some points but it hasn’t shown well against good defenses and their roster is getting less talented.

UVA and GT quietly building but they’re both a couple years away.

For the ACC to become nationally relevant it needs its major programs like FSU, Miami, VT to be competitive and right now that’s not the case.

Re: Rise is a relative term

Apr 24, 2019, 7:23 AM

I am extremely confident that Syracuse won't be the 2nd best team in the ACC in 3 years. I am extremely confident they won't be the 3rd best either.

Depends how long they keep Dino

Apr 24, 2019, 7:28 AM

They’re also a team that you’ve heard almost no buzz about this offseason. But I’d agree with you that I find it unlikely that they remain in that position much longer.

Who's Dino?***

Apr 24, 2019, 7:31 AM

Re: Who's Dino?***

Apr 24, 2019, 8:31 AM

Dino Babers, Syracuse HC

Apr 24, 2019, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: ACC may be on the rise. ]

It can't get much worse, that's for sure.

I take your point that it all starts with recruiting. I the administration is on-board, ACC programs shouldn't have any problem landing top 25 talent.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jury is out on Diaz, Mack Brown is 103, and not so sure if

Apr 24, 2019, 7:17 AM

Willie Taggart is the guy for FSU. But yeah, they are getting good players, and hopefully they have good coaches in place.

Re: Jury is out on Diaz, Mack Brown is 103, and not so sure if

Apr 24, 2019, 7:32 AM

It will be interesting to see if James Blackman will be able to survive this season. He is so skinny and that OL was so awful. I am nervous for him.

If he could survive that hit by Tre Lamar and not break in

Apr 24, 2019, 7:33 AM

half, then he may be someone fairly tough for being built like a pencil.

Both fans at the UNCheat spring football game were happy.

Apr 24, 2019, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Jury is out on Diaz, Mack Brown is 103, and not so sure if ]

The food was excellent, the team....not so much.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic