Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Judged by higher standard
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Judged by higher standard

Nov 6, 2019, 5:09 AM

Clemson is being judged by a higher standard because the ACC is viewed as weak. Clemson cannot play another close game or lose a game. Meanwhile other teams can have close games or one loss without being eliminated. The committee is putting pressure on Clemson to win its remaining games decisively, and this criteria seems to only apply to Clemson. I have never seen an undefeated reigning champion drop from one to five in the polls. Based on this, even a close game or subpar performance could cause Clemson to drop further in the polls. It seems unfair and I hope the Tigers can meet the challenge. To me a one loss Clemson team is still one of the top 4 in the country, but there is a movement to keep the ACC out this year based upon Clemson showing any sign that it is not the perfect team.

Part of me thinks the blue bloods are nervous about what is building at Clemson and the message that would be sent by Clemson winning a third title. Better to not even give us a chance to make it happen. If Clemson is a one loss ACC Champion and reigning national champion, shouldn’t they still be in the playoffs? Without them in the playoffs, how would the new champion be viewed without having to beat Clemson?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Judged by higher standard

Nov 6, 2019, 5:13 AM

You are right. It is a ridiculous double standard. I would love to see us go 15-0 again to shut these idiots up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Judged by higher standard

Nov 6, 2019, 5:47 AM

The message is not necessarily winning and dropping. Florida St did so the first year as an undefeated national champion and that was even to other teams with one loss. The big difference is that Florida St had several close games in the process. We have had ONE.

Maybe it is my orange colored glasses, but I thought UNC played well more than we played badly. It was our worst game this year, but it still would have beat the performance of the Florida or Georgia teams that showed up for that game or the LSU or Auburn teams that showed up that night.

The key is not only are we winning and dropping, but we are putting up wins, near or exceeding the giant spreads and dropping.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic