Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, this may be my last post for a while but this is how I
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 88
| visibility 1

Well, this may be my last post for a while but this is how I

Jun 24, 2015, 9:52 AM

see it. Lakip gets charged for a DUI 1st and a possession of cocaine 1st and every self righteous MFer comes out the woods to kick him while he's down. Let me applaud you POSs... I'm sure he's already embarrassed and concerned about it but what the heck, let's pile on. Let's plaster his personal business across the top page. After all, i'm sure none of you have ever done anything wrong your entire lives... Right?

"Judge not lest ye be judged."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree.

Jun 24, 2015, 9:56 AM

I still get nervous when he kicks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: I sweat this has never happened before***

Jun 24, 2015, 3:58 PM

Re: Well, this may be my last post for a while but this is how I

Jun 24, 2015, 9:57 AM

Kids will be kids

don't turn on a tv or surf the web...

Jun 24, 2015, 9:57 AM

it's how people roll.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

Jun 24, 2015, 9:58 AM

So TNET shouldn't have posted info about the arrest?

If you are stupid enough to do something like that then you deserve to have it plastered everywhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

What's your last "stupid" thing? Where can I read about it?***

Jun 24, 2015, 10:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's your last "stupid" thing? Where can I read about it?***

Jun 24, 2015, 10:04 AM

My last stupid thing didn't get me arrested and become public record....HTH DA

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

And his first did... First... That's my point. As to "public

Jun 24, 2015, 10:07 AM

record", it doesn't need "mass marketing"...

Re: And his first did... First... That's my point. As to "public

Jun 24, 2015, 10:15 AM

Moral of the story is.....

If you don't want your dirty laundry aired to the public...you have 2 choices

1. Don't do it.

2. Don't get caught.

Adios, Have a pleasant morning.***

Jun 24, 2015, 10:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I will.... Now, you get back to polishing...***

Jun 24, 2015, 10:02 AM

Re: I will.... Now, you get back to polishing...***

Jun 24, 2015, 10:08 AM

Give me a break..we've all made mistakes but, sorry, I've never done cocaine. It's attitudes like this that is part of what's wrong with this country today.

I've seen coke ruin several lives. That's still not my point

Jun 24, 2015, 10:16 AM

It's his 1st offense and instead of offering words of wisdom or support in a troubled time, some of these Dudley Do-Rights would rather kick a man when he's down... That's also "what's wrong with this country today."

Re: I've seen coke ruin several lives. That's still not my point

Jun 24, 2015, 10:42 AM

expecting more from people is what's wrong with this country?

No. Kicking them while they're down... But I understand,

Jun 24, 2015, 10:51 AM

you're PERFECT.

Re: No. Kicking them while they're down... But I understand,

Jun 24, 2015, 11:03 AM

I'm not perfect and have never claimed to be.

And if I make a HUGE mistake like this I would expect and embrace the consequences that come along with it. Then learn from it.

Agree. Give him a chance to do just that... Again, my point.***

Jun 24, 2015, 11:15 AM

Re: I've seen coke ruin several lives. That's still not my point

Jun 24, 2015, 11:54 AM [ in reply to I've seen coke ruin several lives. That's still not my point ]

Guess the Confederate flag made him do it...seems blaming it for everything is the popular thing to do

I actually still like the kid

Jun 24, 2015, 10:03 AM

I say we suspend him 2 games and move on. He made one little mistake. I personally like a kicker who drives a black audi all coked up. Has that European thing going on. They're good at kicking.

What do I know, though? I also want the flag to stay up.

Re: I actually still like the kid

Jun 24, 2015, 10:15 AM

That's sum phunny schit! The whole European thing... Kinda dudesque in a Grande Lebowski kinda way. +1

that rug really tied the room together, did it not?***

Jun 24, 2015, 10:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

OVER THE LINE!!

Jun 24, 2015, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: I actually still like the kid ]

I'm sorry smokey, but you were over the line. Mark it a zero.

..........8 year olds dude.***

Jun 25, 2015, 5:04 AM [ in reply to Re: I actually still like the kid ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I agree that we should not judge,

Jun 24, 2015, 10:04 AM

Every decision that we make, good or bad, has consequences. The price he will pay, along with the embarrassment of everyone knowing and talking about "his business", will hopefully be enough to prevent him from making the same mistake again.

My niece had a full ride to Wofford and got

Jun 24, 2015, 10:06 AM

kicked out for FA in her 1st semester. She completely accepted --rightfully so, she said-- to be called a dumb Fuq. She agreed wholeheartedly and owned up to the colossal snafu. I'll never criticize a kid but ### was he thinking?

Re:Wellthis may be my last post for a while but thisis how I

Jun 24, 2015, 10:13 AM

This is nothing. VT had a kicker who was a home invader over a bad drug deal. He was on and off their team three or four times for them a few years ago. These things with kickers are clearly the fault of the little flags at the top of goal posts every bit as much as the flag in Columbia is for a shooting by a hate filled nut in Charleston. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Judge not lest ye be judged is the most miss-quoted verse

Jun 24, 2015, 10:14 AM

Here is what Jesus actually said:

1“Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

We are free to judge as we please as long as we are willing to abide by the same standard!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah... I know. You've never done anything wrong.***

Jun 24, 2015, 10:23 AM

SOLOS,

Jun 24, 2015, 10:50 AM

I appreciate your strong defense for this young Tiger. But while he is, no doubt paying a very heavy price for his errors, it is by fire that steel is forged. This will hopefully be one of the most difficult moments of his life. And it is through these difficult moments that we learn and become men.

+1... Well stated. Maybe they could put down the bellows...?***

Jun 24, 2015, 11:01 AM

In time they will.

Jun 24, 2015, 11:12 AM

As of now he is suspended from the team. Dabo seems to be able to look through the murky waters that are fans opinions. We don't know what the final result will be, but he is a competitor and I am hopeful that he will only be stronger as a result of this trial. This will pass and life's real problems will eventually come. This will only prepare him for the next thing.
GO TIGERS!

I didn't even know Jesus spoke English

Jun 25, 2015, 6:12 AM [ in reply to Judge not lest ye be judged is the most miss-quoted verse ]

But I guess it makes sense that a white dude living in the middle east would speak English

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, have you said anything about the murderer

Jun 24, 2015, 10:20 AM

down in Charleston? Have you "judged" him?

No, you judged his actions. Same thing here. We can judge ACTIONS; generally, we know what is right and wrong based upon laws established. Lakip's actions were wrong.

However, the verse you are quoting has to do with final judgment, which we cannot do. Although I haven't read every post concerning Lakip, I don't anyone on here is condemning him to Hel!.

So, in summary, the context of the verse you are quoting allows judging of actions. Cut people some slack.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

"Cut people some slack." But not Lakip, right?***

Jun 24, 2015, 10:24 AM

Are you saying what Lakip did was right?

Jun 24, 2015, 10:30 AM

If not, he has to deal with the consequences of his actions. Everyone does.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

He... not TNet. Where can I read about the last thing you

Jun 24, 2015, 10:39 AM

dealt with?

Facebook.

Or, come to my Bible study.

Seriously? At what point do you ignore a team member making

Jun 24, 2015, 10:25 AM

a stupid selfish decision that harms his team mates? Let alone, DUI - apparently you've never had someone close to you die as a result of a DUI.

It was definitely idiotic.

Jun 24, 2015, 10:31 AM

You don't have to kick him off the team though for his first offense. If he screws up again, fine kick him off.

I'm saying this and I don't like him as our kicker

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

+1... I actually don't have a lot of confidence in him as a

Jun 24, 2015, 10:36 AM

kicker right now, either. That has nothing to do with the way he's being berated, though.

I'm not justifying his mistake. I'm just stating that TNet

Jun 24, 2015, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Seriously? At what point do you ignore a team member making ]

posters gang *aping him for his first offense is hypocritical at best... "Ye without sin....."

Re: I'm not justifying his mistake. I'm just stating that TNet

Jun 24, 2015, 10:37 AM

hypothetically, what if during his "First offense"(as you keep pointing out) he had killed someone while driving under the influence? Would you still have the same stance?

Not hypothetically... If the guy who ran the stop sign this

Jun 24, 2015, 10:50 AM

past Friday had been ONE second later, I would probably be in the hospital if not the morgue. As it turned out, merely a head-on collision at a reduced speed thanks to my son's quick reaction and braking. The guy was "talking on his phone"... IF Lakip "killed someone", he'd be charged with vehicular manslaughter.... IF, IF, IF

Re: Not hypothetically... If the guy who ran the stop sign this

Jun 24, 2015, 10:53 AM

Point being your "first offense" argument is crap...

He made a mistake and it's public....If he didn't want it to come out he shouldn't have done it.

Yes, we all make mistakes, and we should all learn from those mistakes.

But he doesn't deserve a "free pass" for it being his first offense or for him being a college student, etc.

I'm not advocating a "free pass"... I was posting about all

Jun 24, 2015, 10:58 AM

the sinless souls that think it's necessary to pile on with their self righteous crap...

Re: I'm not advocating a "free pass"... I was posting about all

Jun 24, 2015, 11:05 AM

I'm starting to think your "arguing" for lakip isn't about lakip at this point.....

Lakip will have his day in court. My post, from the start

Jun 24, 2015, 11:25 AM

was about the way so many people used jumping on the "Let's Bash Lakip" bandwagon to demonstrate their irreproachable character... Not.

Re: I'm not advocating a "free pass"... I was posting about all

Jun 25, 2015, 1:58 AM [ in reply to I'm not advocating a "free pass"... I was posting about all ]

Wow, most people would be fired from their jobs if their employer found out they were arrested for a DUI and had cocaine on them. I guess that employer must have judged.

You assume it was his first offense. Not saying it's not but I guess will have to trust Dabo and the coaches as to judgement on the FB team.

Please. Ist offense means 1st time caught.

Jun 24, 2015, 10:41 AM

What if he had hit and killed my daughter? He didn't, but he was reckless in an unnecessary way that is selfish and puts other people in harm's way.
I have zero tolerance for such selfishness. But please, lets not be too harsh on the "kid"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Please. Ist offense means 1st time caught.

Jun 24, 2015, 10:44 AM

well lucky for all of us you have never done anything stupid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've done plenty stupid, and paid handsomely for it.

It made me better. People rightfully judged me, and there should not be an exception here.
Please dont try to paint poor decision making with such great potential for harm as a kid's mistake. Had he maimed or killed, what would you say? The ends don't make the means ok. He'll be lucky if the worst he gets is kicked off a team.

null

Jun 24, 2015, 10:44 AM

A stimulant problem would explain his erratic performance. ####### should be into benzos and beta blockers if he wants to be a kicker.

Looks like we will be a 4 down offense this season.

Since the press and the NCAA will ask, I will too. Where does a college kid get money for an Audi and cocaine again? I hope the money trail is awfully cold.

Jun 24, 2015, 10:48 AM

LOL, you sound like a coot.

I'm sure there is a bag man for a kicker....SMDH

The likely answer is that the parents do well for themselves.

I've got family members in High School driving brand new BMWs...It happens.

Jun 24, 2015, 11:50 AM

Hey, I have no problems with his recreational substance abuse per se. I just think depressants wiuld be better for his kicking game. The DUI is the only part I object to, and those laws are basically ######## too. Increasing the probability that you will unintentionally cause harm to another person should not be a crime until that harm actually happens.

On the money subject, even if it is from daddy, what do parents think a 19 year old with no responsibilities and a $1000 (coke is not cheap) a week allowance is going to do? Buy books?

He is either a victim of the college football $$$ and power complex (free drugs for the team!) or just another rich kid with no boundaries or moral compass. I feel bad for him if it is the former.

I suspect we have seen the last of him in a tiger uniform. Hopefully daddy has a good lawyer.

Jun 24, 2015, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Well, this may be my last post for a while but this is how I ]

LOL because he had 50 dollars worth of Coke and drives a Audi, Clemson is paying off the kicker. I guess all football players come from poor family's? SMDH

Jun 24, 2015, 12:02 PM

Number of people you know who have ever done just $50 worth of coke?

Jun 24, 2015, 12:09 PM

50 bucks will get you a G in some places. Obviously not the best, but if you indeed are a casual user and are sharing sporadically, should still last.

I worry about people who think that a gram isn't enough for one person.

Now, if he's doing that every night. Then point taken.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

First off, I haven't made any judgment on him....

Jun 24, 2015, 10:48 AM

however, getting caught with an illegal substance like cocaine is not an "oh shucks, I messed up moment." The DUI? Yeah, I can buy that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2015, 11:35 AM

Cocaine isn't a little weed. You don't start with coke. He should be held accountable and honestly he embarrassed my university to the point I want him gone!

You don't get a second chance for coke. Sorry.

Tell me more. You seem to know a lot about this...***

Jun 24, 2015, 11:40 AM

He was arrested for coke

Jun 24, 2015, 3:43 PM

That is all I need to know.

Re: He was arrested for coke

Jun 24, 2015, 4:07 PM

I remember a bunch of old white men, especially my dad telling me that I shouldn't listen to rock and roll, that you should always trust the government and that the Beatles were ruining our youth.

Now I'm listening to a bunch of old white men talking about how their "done" with this kid because he made a mistake. Sammy Watkins was caught with pot AND prescription drugs that were not his own.
He was given a 2nd chance and that seemed to have turned out well. Why is Lakip different? Because it's "Coke"! Statistically prescription drug abuse is a far worse problem in the U.S. than Cocaine. But it Coke! Hell in my 20's I tried to snort up Peru. I was young and foolish and I paid the price and people weren't "done" with me.

For all of you old sissy's that think Coke is the end all, be all of evil you should wake up. You can buy it at your local middle school. America's "drug war" has been an horrific waste of money and time. You try to help people with substance abuse problems not hang them or put them in prison.

And one final, very important point. Was it his coke or was it left in his car by a chick? But never mind the details.....crucify him!

That was not one mistake

Jun 24, 2015, 4:17 PM

He got into a car drunk (one), he had coke in there (two). That is not something you just start out with. The chances of this being a one time thing are minuscule. His warning came when he came to Clemson, and he decided to get in a car with no regard for his life or a family of 5 that he could have killed drunk, and drive with coke in there.

This is a lot different then your strawman argument that aligns cocaine use with owning the White Album.

Re: That was not one mistake

Jun 24, 2015, 4:37 PM

> He got into a car drunk (one), he had coke in there
> (two). That is not something you just start out with.
> The chances of this being a one time thing are
> minuscule. His warning came when he came to Clemson,
> and he decided to get in a car with no regard for his
> life or a family of 5 that he could have killed
> drunk, and drive with coke in there.
>
> This is a lot different then your strawman argument
> that aligns cocaine use with owning the White Album.

While your spinning it, why stop at a family of 5? Why not use a school bus full of handicapped 2nd graders?

Unless you have never, ever had a drink of alcohol odds are you too could have blown over a 0.08 while driving.

And I did own the White album...and was mad that I had to buy it again when CD's came out.

Re: That was not one mistake

Jun 24, 2015, 7:20 PM

You...I like you

I don't think any one recommended the death penalty

Jun 24, 2015, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: He was arrested for coke ]

Rock in roll is not illegal. Neither were the Beatles.

Dui is illegal and so is possession of cocaine. No one mentioned life sentences or the death penalty.

Do you suggest a time out? Ground him to his room?

Getting kicked off the football team is NOT capitol punishment.

Kelly was kicked off the team and he never broke any rules, especially any laws.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

fairly certain swag broke a lot of rules & that's why he

Jun 25, 2015, 9:10 AM

gone bye bye.

Jun 24, 2015, 11:46 AM

We now know one thing for sure....That wasn't your last post

Maybe the preface saved me... It's early.***

Jun 24, 2015, 11:48 AM

This is one of those times that I prefer to defer judgment

Jun 24, 2015, 3:57 PM

while leaving any disciplinary actions up to the court and the staff.

Hence, while cautiously avoiding condemnation, I believe it wiser to encourage all of our younger folks to consider consequences of alcohol and drug misuse or abuse.

You must be his Yayo provider

Jun 24, 2015, 4:04 PM

Lakip doesn't deserve any of this hate....

Jun 24, 2015, 4:13 PM

said this jaun.

TIGER BALLS.

Re: Lakip doesn't deserve any of this hate....

Jun 24, 2015, 4:36 PM

I'm sure no one here could care a less about a coots point of view but I'll give it anyways. This is not getting caught with some weed or even a few prescription pills, he got caught with a narcotic in cocaine and was DUI to top it off. Now, should he be immediately kicked off the team? No, we should let the legal process take it's course but he should be suspended from all team activities until that happens. I can't just accept the excuse of him making a youthful mistake, this is not underage drinking or a small amount of weed or stealing crab legs (I had to throw that one in there) this is much more serious than that. I just hope that this young man gets the help he needs and not just kicked to the curb.

This guy thinks you didn't really read my post.

Jun 24, 2015, 4:38 PM

TIGER BALLS.

Re: This guy thinks you didn't really read my post.

Jun 24, 2015, 4:46 PM

I did and got a good laugh. I just haven't quite figured out the posting method on your board. I only come around once in a while (in peace and with respect) so please bare with my ignorance.

SOLOS, I'm sure your heart is in the right place here...

Jun 24, 2015, 8:38 PM

...but you have to know that all arrests are a matter of public record and will be reported in some manner. I would certainly expect this specific case involving a current CU football player to be reported on the front page of TNet, and then the forums will naturally go where they go for better or worse.

For the record, it seems fairly obvious to me that our placekicker made a stupendously dumb decision and will pay a heavy price for it. It will most likely not be swept under the rug nor be forgiven as a "1st time offense". The charges are serious. It's very sad for Ammon and, consequently, CU.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

I understand the seriousness. It's the "curb stomp" gang I

Jun 24, 2015, 10:24 PM

don't want to associate with... and they don't want to associate with me, either. I'm sure.

Understood.....thanks.***

Jun 24, 2015, 10:58 PM

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Seems like you have brought just as much attention..

Jun 24, 2015, 11:18 PM

posting about it as others have. If you felt that way, you could just not post about it at all.

I just love it when someone uses the judging thing when they are actually judging the people that they are talking to.....just saying

So when my opinion differs, I should just shut up? Right.

Jun 25, 2015, 8:39 AM

..."just saying". That attitude is for the 'sheeple' of the world. Not my flock.

Jun 24, 2015, 11:46 PM

What would be be saying if it were a USUC player arrested for possession of Cocaine?

Jun 25, 2015, 8:30 AM

I'm not judging one way or the other, but I taught all of my kids to try and avoid making the HUGE mistakes. Some of those are:
- Don't drink and drive
- Don't do drugs

Wearing brown shoes with a black tux is bad enough, but it's an easy problem to fix. Just try and avoid those big problems that are extremely hard to fix. And yes - my daughter wore different colored socks to school with my permission. THAT was okay IMO.

Maybe Lakip's parents should have had similar discussions with him. Same goes for Sammy Watkins, etc. Someone did a poor job of parenting IMO.

I hope that holds up for you...seriously.***

Jun 25, 2015, 8:43 AM

I don't know what you are speaking of, specifically, but i

Jun 25, 2015, 8:48 AM

strongly disagree with the general premise of your post. Not wanting him on the football team any longer has absolutely nothing to do with how i feel about him personally. I'm not going to judge him on a personal level. I hope that he uses this experience to become a better a man, and if he actually has a substance addition I hope that he finds the support necessary get clean and move on with his life.

That said, as a public figure and representative of Clemson University, he needs to pay the consequences for his actions, and if the people involved in making that decision deem that he should no longer represent the university I will back the decision 100%.

However, i do find it disturbing that many posts about this situation have referenced his on-field struggles as a reason that he should be dismissed. I trust that Lakip will receive the same treatment as ANYONE else on the football team would in a similar situation.

I don't disagree with anything in your post. He should

Jun 25, 2015, 9:05 AM

"pay the consequences" and the "people involved" should make the decision. It's for Dabo and company to decide... not the sanctimonious amongst TNet. Perhaps this runs deeper but from what was 'published', it was his first offense.

Well i probably just misinterpreted your OP.

Jun 25, 2015, 9:33 AM

My apologies.

Jun 25, 2015, 9:08 AM

What is this? Do you want to be burned at the stake too? Because this is how you get burned at the stake, too.

Can I get a cross...? ;~)***

Jun 25, 2015, 9:26 AM

Replies: 88
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic