Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Judge Andrew Napolitano: To impeach or not to impeach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 325

Judge Andrew Napolitano: To impeach or not to impeach

May 23, 2019, 1:22 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/judge-andrew-napolitano-to-impeach-or-not-to-impeach

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The dems have a horrible dilemma.

May 23, 2019, 3:10 PM

There is no possible way to question Trump about his time in office without impeachment. That's why when Mueller sent Trump a list of questions he Trump only address those which pertain to the time before he took office.

Until they drag him into the House they won't be able to determine the motivation behind his actions. What he says in public will only be considered as legitimate evidence by dems.

Frankly, I don't see pubs in the senate removing him from office. I don't know why but they will find some legal reason, you can bet on that. I think Pelosi knows this much better than any of us. I also believe dems will look like fools because the public is moving quickly toward wanting dems to shut up and legislate.

There are problems and project which need our house of reps to legislate to solve and those problems are what Trump ran on and won using in 2016. Fix immigration by stopping the illegal crossing at the southern border. That's a big one. Another is the infrastructure problem. These things will bite come 2020.

"A majority of Americans feels they have heard enough about the Mueller report, while over one-third wants to hear more. More than half of Americans want congressional Democrats to drop the Russia matter and move on to other issues, but partisan divides on this have grown since March, and a large majority of Democrats wants Congress to keep investigating...."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-news-poll-americans-say-trump-administration-should-cooperate-with-congressional-investigations/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That will change as the public sees the testimony of Mueller

May 23, 2019, 4:09 PM

McGahn, Hope Hicks, Annie Donaldson(McGahn's note-taking deputy who has a prominent role in the Mueller Report), et al. about the 10 episodes of obstruction detailed in the Mueller Report. Plus, two judges just ruled against the continuing obstruction by compelling two banks to turn over their Trump related financial records to Congress. The pace of rulings and the comments of the judges indicates that the Trump legal arguments are extremely weak or non-existent.

Unfortunately for Republicans, The House Democrats have been legislating, but Mitch McConnell and Trump keep sabotaging every effort and Trump took ownership yesterday when he refused to govern until the Democrats stop doing their Constitutional duties.

Pelosi is managing the process well. I don't think she wants Trump removed. He has the highest unpopularity ratings of any president at this point in his term in spite of a healthy economy. She wants him to stay in office for the next year and a half as a symbol of the corruption and kowtowing of the Republican Party.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're not addressing the dems' problem.

May 23, 2019, 8:16 PM

When was the last time a POTUS with an excellent economy failed at his reelection bid?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're not addressing the dems' problem.

May 23, 2019, 9:28 PM

Depends on how you define it. And you only have a president up for reelection on average every 6-7 years or so. The incumbent party, however, is up each time.

The last time the incumbent party lost with a strong economy defined by +GDP was 2016. The same happened in 2000.

In 1992, the incumbent president lost despite GDP growth stronger than it is now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 325
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic