Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Josh from Walt's show just tweeted (about Texas)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Josh from Walt's show just tweeted (about Texas)

Sep 17, 2013, 9:43 AM

Joshua G Phillips ?@Rip1Phillips 2m

a source close to the situation Texas has spoken to Nick Sabans agent and put an offer of 5 years and $50 MILLION dollers on the table!#BANK

I dont know how much faith you can put in it.. no idea about his source... take it FWIW

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bama to the bigx11ish!***

Sep 17, 2013, 9:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, goodbye Dabo.....***

Sep 17, 2013, 9:47 AM

null

i wonder if he'll get to name his replacement like xctb?***

Sep 17, 2013, 9:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wish him well and thank him for winning the NC for us.

Sep 17, 2013, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Well, goodbye Dabo.....*** ]

As that's the only way Bama would even consider him.

If Saban goes, Kirby Smart becomes HC immediately and it's not even in question.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Well, goodbye Dabo.....***

Sep 17, 2013, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Well, goodbye Dabo.....*** ]

Not yet, one day Bama will come calling for him, but not yet.

Sep 17, 2013, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Well, goodbye Dabo.....*** ]

Dabo has a vision for Clemson and his job here is not done. He will not leave for money, because that is not the most important thing to him. Also, from what I have heard, all of his immediate family has moved to be close to him at Clemson, so it's not the draw of being close to family that would make him leave. Our coach is a man of faith and he will not leave until much prayer and reflection leads him in that direction.

It's Bama...

Sep 17, 2013, 10:06 AM

...his alma mater.

If they were to ever want him, he'd reflect pretty #### quick and go. As he should.

Alas, it's not happening this year unless some fairly magnificent things happen at Clemson the next few months.

Y'all are a bunch of skeered little kids.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Too soon.

Sep 17, 2013, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Well, goodbye Dabo.....*** ]

The SEC hasn't figured out the HUNH is the offense of the future yet. Bama is still stuck on The Bear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2013, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Well, goodbye Dabo.....*** ]

The worst thing would be to follow Saban. It would be close to following The Bear. No way you can win. I don't think Dabo wants to be the Ken Hatfield of Alabama football. Now after Saban's replacement gets fired, that's another story.

Not worried about Dabo leaving

Sep 17, 2013, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Well, goodbye Dabo.....*** ]

When he was an assistant in '07, Saban offered him a higher paying job at Bama. He turned him down then, so I doubt he'd take the HC job there now.

Sep 17, 2013, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Well, goodbye Dabo.....*** ]

Some of you are giving Dabo way too much credit. Yeah - we love him, but he's only beaten his rival ONCE in 5 years. Bama will not tolerate "Fear the Thumb", so get the heck over that idea for now. Bama will go thru at least one more coach before Dabo can sniff that job.

Those Texas oilmen must think they already have those

Sep 17, 2013, 9:49 AM

Syrian oil fields in the bag... Chump change.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Josh from Walt's show just tweeted (about Texas)

Sep 17, 2013, 9:53 AM

I dont think Dabo leaves Clemson for Texas. He has done all the work here and has it rolling with a fan base that now, for the most part except for the SCar losses, fully supports him.

Why go to an angry Texas fanbase that is ready to fire you if you start out 3-3 next season.

Now if Saban goes to UT, Dabo would have to be on the Top 3 list at Bama along with Kirby Smart and I dont know who else.

Re: Josh from Walt's show just tweeted (about Texas)

Sep 17, 2013, 10:03 AM

I believe they meant Dabo to Alabama..... not Texas. If so maybe the Chad is here as the head, win / win for all.

I know Texas has loads of money to do something like this

Sep 17, 2013, 9:53 AM

but i really don't think it makes a lot of sense.

1) Saban is 61 years old. While i have no doubt that he can go to Texas and pull in a lot of talent, it's not going to happen overnight. I don't care how bad the defensive coaching is at Texas, a team with a talented defense doesn't give up 500 rushing yards to BYU and another 200+ to Ole Miss. That defense is lacking talent... which i find amazing... but it's the truth. Maybe in 2016 Saban gets that team to where he wants it defensively, but he's going to be pushing 65 at that point.

2) If Saban has one weakness right now it's stopping a good spread offense. His team has struggled two years in a row vs A&M, Newton and Malzahn beat him, Florida beat him with Tebow, and even Urban's old Utah team carved him up pretty good in a Sugar Bowl. Granted those teams pretty much all had Heisman QBs, but still, if there's a chink in Saban's armor, that's it. And the Big XII has a ton of spread offenses, and they've produced quite a few great QBs as well.

Dabo isn't dirty enough for SEC recruiting. He's a lifetime

Sep 17, 2013, 10:03 AM

CU coach unless the administration pulls another Danny and decides football is too big...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

might not be popular, but bama doesn't have to play dirty.***

Sep 17, 2013, 10:13 AM

thats the bad part. they just do it to fit in with the rest

Sep 17, 2013, 11:05 AM

of the sec. talk about playing down to the level of one's competition!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban isn't dirty either. I've always thought Dabo would go

Sep 17, 2013, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Dabo isn't dirty enough for SEC recruiting. He's a lifetime ]

to Bama if ever an opportunity but I don't think he'd follow Saban. That would be the worst coaching job in the nation to follow Saban right now.

Well I know you all know the

Sep 17, 2013, 10:11 AM

Davy Crockett quote before setting off for the Alamo:

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban isn't going anywhere except NFL if he wishes.***

Sep 17, 2013, 10:15 AM

^^agree with this^^***

Sep 17, 2013, 11:09 AM

Texas boosters already have a website up

Sep 17, 2013, 10:18 AM

http://nicksaban-texasfootball.com/

yer 1st problem is "Josh from Walt's show"...hth***

Sep 17, 2013, 10:24 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: yer 1st problem is "Josh from Walt's show"...hth***

Sep 17, 2013, 10:29 AM

Yeah I know.. thats why I said take it FWIW, which may be nothing but worth discussing for fun anyway

"Josh from Walt's show" has never had an opinion of his own

Sep 17, 2013, 10:53 AM [ in reply to yer 1st problem is "Josh from Walt's show"...hth*** ]

so he had to get this from somewhere.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic