Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: No Excuses
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

New Story: No Excuses

Feb 9, 2015, 11:41 AM

No Excuses

The Notre Dame Fighting Irish roll into town for a key ACC matchup Tuesday night, and Clemson fans need to stop with the excuses and support head coach Brad Brownell's team. Photo by Matt Cashore / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there is no excuse for you missing two home games

Feb 9, 2015, 11:43 AM

none

;)

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Amen!

Feb 9, 2015, 11:46 AM

LJ is a great place when the fans are raising Cain. Really need that this Tuesday!

Re: New Story: No Excuses

Feb 9, 2015, 12:01 PM

Come on Nikki! I drove down for the RAB and stopped by on my way back for the Bob Morris game the next night...and stopped to pick up half a bushel of oranges along the way. ;)

Of course I've only made it to one other BB game.

I agree though, we need to get out and support this team for the stretch run. I'll be there Saturday. GO TIGERS!

My Mom died this AM***

Feb 9, 2015, 12:25 PM

Re: My Mom died this AM***

Feb 9, 2015, 7:19 PM

She would want you to go to the game.

POTD!!!***

Feb 9, 2015, 11:26 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 12:02 PM

Once again, and I can't do this for every home game, but I'm driving up from Charleston for the game. There are a total of 8 of us coming for the game in a van. We will make as much noise as possible! GO TIGERS!!!

Feb 9, 2015, 12:30 PM

> Once again, and I can't do this for every home game,
> but I'm driving up from Charleston for the game.
> There are a total of 8 of us coming for the game in a
> van. We will make as much noise as possible! GO
> TIGERS!!!

cause were going to knock him out on the football field this fall.

Beating them on the court will be a warm-up

Feb 9, 2015, 12:34 PM

to the pounding they're going to get on the football field this fall.

Josh Smith has been playing his capris off!***

Feb 9, 2015, 12:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 12:54 PM

Great article I'll be there!

Well, I guess you talked me into it! Well...

Feb 9, 2015, 1:02 PM

I actually bought the tickets this morning before I read the article but thanks for the nudge.

Yes! This same Irish team just folded like a beach chair

Feb 9, 2015, 1:09 PM

in front of a Krazy Krowd in Durham. Last year's NIT crowds were equally as loud.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good read.***

Feb 9, 2015, 1:13 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 2:04 PM

If I lived closer, I would be at every single game regardless if we suck or not. Living in Eastern NC it takes me at least 6 hours to get to Clemson. I have not missed a trip to the Dean dome in 10 years. I will be there when we break the streak. I'm lucky to make a single football game every year, and that ends up being a full weekend.

Why the students do not go to the games, I am not sure, maybe because the basketball team plays kind of a boring style to watch. Competitive, but not much flash or eye candy. I am just glad that Harrison is now coming off the bench with limited minutes. That guy makes me angry, turns the ball over too much, a ball hog, and doesn't play defense. Anyway if you are within 30 minutes to an hour drive, you should be at the game.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ sounds like excuses .....

Feb 9, 2015, 2:13 PM

are these excuses ???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

student perspective

Feb 9, 2015, 2:10 PM

Everyone I know has 2+ exams this week, isn't it bad journalism to make assumptions like that?

Re: student perspective

Feb 9, 2015, 2:18 PM

In my 4 years there, I missed one basketball game because of tests.

Feb 9, 2015, 2:45 PM

I agree. Going to the basketball games was my way of relieving some stress. In those days we played in the "cow palace," and we filled it up. Talking about teams that were not very good - we had them. But we went anyway, cheered the Tigers on and gave the refs a piece of our minds when they made a (seemingly) bad call. With as many students as there are at Clemson there is just no excuse for LittleJohn to not be full. Have you ever seen the Dean Dome or the Duke coliseum not be full? And UVA is packing the house now too. I guess they don't have exams at these "elite" colleges though. CU is an overnight trip for me now so I can't come down for a lot of games, and if I did I would have to come on my own, so I'll just have to cheer to the TV and hope someone hears me. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Re: student perspective ]

Sounds like someone was a PRTM major.

Feb 9, 2015, 10:19 PM

Got a 3.94 in marketing and never missed a basketball game. Students are the only one who don't have excuses. If you think undergrad is hard you're in for a big surprise when you get to the real world. Clemson is heaven.

I thought Exams

Feb 9, 2015, 3:04 PM [ in reply to student perspective ]

were at the end of the semester.

It's a test. Study tonight.

TIME MANAGEMENT!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Still a terrible excuse

Feb 9, 2015, 11:25 PM [ in reply to student perspective ]

They can't take a 2 hour break to go to the game? C'mon man!

Unless the exam is at 7 or later tomorrow, exams are no excuse, sorry. I went to every home game as a student so long as I was physically on campus during gametime

Message was edited by: CU2013®

Sounds you should've gone to GT***

Feb 10, 2015, 2:20 PM [ in reply to student perspective ]

I'm sure Duke students have exams too, yet they show up***

Feb 10, 2015, 2:22 PM [ in reply to student perspective ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 3:49 PM

I support our team...if we can be ALL IN for Football lets be ALL IN for all our Tigers... for both track and field, every other sport at Clemson...Tennis, both our Basketball teams, Soccer, Baseball, Lets light up Littlejohn and let the Fighting Irish see what the Clemson Tigers are. Lets support our guys and lets roar!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Really!!??

Feb 9, 2015, 4:49 PM

I'm sorry but I live 5 hours away. Long trip for a BB Game. But I will say this, If I lived 30 minutes away I would want my money back if I watched a game in person like last night. With a minute to go the tiger coaching staff and team gave up. Sure we were down 10pts but c'mon play the game. Keep putting Miami on the line. I don't care if they have an 87% record at the stripe. At least make an effort. I'm so disappointed in our BB program.

Feb 9, 2015, 11:14 PM

Please just stop. Good grief

Feb 10, 2015, 7:08 AM

Truth hurts.

Re: Amen***

Feb 9, 2015, 5:02 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

2 things Nikki

Feb 9, 2015, 10:18 PM

It's Facebook, not FaceBook... and of course you go to all the games, it's your job and you live there.

Stop acting like we have so much to play for and so much reason to watch. We're fighting for an NIT bid for goodness sake. Students should be there, but normal working folks who have jobs in Atlanta, Charlotte, and Charleston shouldn't feel bad about going to just 1-5 games a year, especially when the season is essentially over.

Feb 9, 2015, 11:13 PM

Well said.

Crowd could be the difference in a win against a Top 10 team tomorrow night. Only one way to find out.

Feb 9, 2015, 11:41 PM

I know we have 10k local fans who do not have a test Wednesday or have suffered the passing of a close relative. Besides if the relative just died today ,it means you're not working tomorrow . Lame excuse, try again. However if you are bitter and given up on this team, by all means, stay at home.

I'll go as long as Rod Hall promises...

Feb 10, 2015, 1:03 AM

not to do whatever he's trying to do in that lead photo.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic