Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson football and autumn: Who wouldn't want to be a part of this?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson football and autumn: Who wouldn't want to be a part of this?

Nov 5, 2018, 7:01 AM

Clemson football and autumn: Who wouldn't want to be a part of this?

College football is supposed to be fun, but the last five weeks or so have taken fun to a different level around the Clemson program. Right now it's a different level of fun. Who wouldn't want to be a part of this? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson football and autumn: Who wouldn't want to be a part of this?

Nov 5, 2018, 8:05 AM

Link to the Batson Video?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 8:37 AM

Video here:

https://twitter.com/ClemsonFB/status/999261871508254721

Nov 5, 2018, 11:24 AM

0:53

Christian's wearing a sports bra.

Good stuff David

Nov 5, 2018, 8:35 AM

Two comments. First, I’m pretty sure that afternoon sky is a deep shade of orange, not red. Second, I also noticed the Louisville players and their fans focused on the big screen as Batson’s truly inspirational video played. Priceless,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 8:55 AM

:) ;)

Nov 5, 2018, 8:56 AM

And who wouldn't want to read another awesome David Hood article. Your reporting also can be added to the things that make Clemson special. Thanks again David, your articles always find away to dig into my heart and stir those wonderful memories of the times I've had at Clemson. Great job!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David, SCSU Bulldog alum here. Went to first Tiger game

Nov 5, 2018, 9:01 AM

in 1977 when Montana brought the Domers back late to beat us.....been a Tiger ever since. Wanted to go to Clemson but was blessed to get a partial music scholly to SCSU and was blessed to be on the Marching 101 as a snare drummer and loved every minute of it. In my dorm room I had a Bulldog and Paw flag and will be a Tiger fan til I die. The smells, the scenery, the passion, all got into me, and though I am not an alum, this SCSU Bulldog has garnet and blue and orange and purple blood all up in me. There is nothing like Fall in Tigertown and you captured that perfectly in this writing. Bulldog and Tiger for life.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 9:02 AM

This also always brings a sadness or melocoly if you will. We waited so long, hung on to every word from coaches and pundits fir the season to start, and now here we are with possible 6/7 games left. This will pass so fast and I intend to enjoy every game and every release from our athletics/marketing Dept. Go Tigers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 5, 2018, 9:43 AM

Watch out David, there are a few here that's not going to like what you're saying about us being better off at QB right now than we were 4 games into the season. I say watch out bc I made the very same statement after Chase came in a few minutes before the half, and we are down 16-7 at half time. We come back out and offense sputters with Chase trying to get it going through most of the 3d Qtr and he puts together a drive that gets us close enough to make a field goal and the game is 16-10, defense gets an Int and Chase leads us back down and makes an awesome throw to Amari Rodgers in the end zone and we don't get what looks like a PI call, another FG and the game is 16-13 going into the 4th Qtr. To make a long story short, Cuse score a TD in the 4th Qrt and we are down by 10, 23-13, and Chase Brice leads his team back for a close win over Cuse. There was no Quit in Chase Brice, and he solidified his place on our team as a solid back up QB... That day, and that gutsy come back win with Chase leading our team is when I felt we were better off at the QB position than we had been before KB quit. When KB quit, the cream rose to the top where our QB's are concerned, and we are a solid team with our QB's!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 10:44 AM

I agree wholeheartedly. I always pointed out that Bryant handcuffed the offense. I was called a coot for my point of view. I love Clemson as much as any fan. But, I am not a blind cheer leader. He was kinda easy to beat. There was a simple formula to beat him. Stack the box, dare him to throw. If your corners could hold coverage, KB would panic, and run. With a stacked box, he wouldn’t get far. He rarely read beyond read beyond second progression. When he scrambled, it was to run. Not keeping his eyes downfield. I posted game by game numbers of Lawrence vs Bryant. It wasn’t close. Lawrence’s QBR was more than 2:1. The offense just runs so much better with Lawrence in there.
Now, on Chase Brice. Brice always has had the skill. He needed the confidence. Lawrence getting hurt against Syracuse was the best thing that could have happened. Brice got real game experience he severely needed. He learned he really can play on this level. Since that 4th quarter comeback, his QBR has tripled. He is running the offense almost perfectly.
Kelly Bryant leaving was the best thing that happened to Clemson football this season. I hate it for KB. He waited patiently, and had another superstar supplant him. He really showed he wasn’t all in by leaving. I think he could have contributed at another position. But, he was holding us back at QB. He could have been a great Tight End, or wide receiver. Imagine using him in a double pass. Where he only has one read. Throw it, or tuck it and run.
Anyway, only blind cheerleaders couldn’t see how KB was holding the team back. It’s sad that if you see someone under performing and point it out, you can be called a coot for it. Some trolls are on here for sure. But, cut me. I bleed orange!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 2:49 PM

Outstanding! We are so much better now than before. I appreciate KB contributions, but he was not the answer at all. This team now is functioning on all cylinders, and it is fun, fun, fun to be a Clemson Tiger fan. We are so blessed!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson football and autumn: Who wouldn't want to be a part of this? ]

Now, I don't know whether you are a coot, or not, but what you have said here is spot on. For that you get a big TU from this old Dugatiger!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice article, sir ***

Nov 5, 2018, 9:53 AM

Nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I loved the one played vs NC State as well

Nov 5, 2018, 10:24 AM

It puts cold chills on you. It makes you want to put on a helmet, and hit someone! Championships are won when no one is watching. At 4am, when everyone else is sleeping, you’re in the weight room working out for two hours. All the extra work a individual puts in, as a team that makes a championship team. Just a powerful message. Batson can inspire. I see why he holds the position he does. I’m thankful we have him! I was born a Tiger in the 70’s. I thought the 80’s were the golden age of Clemson football. I was wrong. It’s right now. As Dabo says, the best is yet to come. I see great things, for many years to come! Go Tigers!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Josh Belk.

Nov 5, 2018, 12:45 PM

Doh. My bad.

Nov 5, 2018, 2:05 PM

Well done.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic