Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think Chad "Swag" Kelly needs to transfer schools
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I think Chad "Swag" Kelly needs to transfer schools

Apr 12, 2014, 7:42 PM

I am in no way disrespecting him, but honestly I highly doubt he wins the job over Stoudt at this point. He has worked extremely hard and I don't think he will take being number 2 well (as evident by him getting in our coaches faces today during the game). I think it would be best for both parties for him to pursue his dreams at a different school that fits him better. The other thing going against him is that even if he stays and proves that he may deserve a shot next year for the starting role, watson should be our qb of the future leaving Kelly as a back up his entire career. I believe there are a lot of school back in New York that he could start and excel at while also being closer to his uncle who is going through hard times at the moment. Best of luck to him but I just don't see him at Clemson in the fall....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be careful what you wish for. Chad has a lot of passion.

Apr 12, 2014, 7:52 PM

That is not a bad thing. He just needs keep it in check sometimes

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Immaturity, a bad attitude and a big mouth is a bad thing,

Apr 12, 2014, 8:01 PM

and that seems to be the problem.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

exactly

Apr 12, 2014, 8:02 PM

Chad does have passion...but so did Mike Bellamy. The problem is focusing this passion and energy into the betterment of the TEAM not for the betterment of ONESELF. That is why I have TONS of doubts about Mr. Kelly.

did you guys forget

Apr 12, 2014, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Immaturity, a bad attitude and a big mouth is a bad thing, ]

that he is 20 or 21 years old? Im sure all of you were saints when you were that old. Was he out of line, yes, but saying he should transfer is ridiculous. If Stoudt goes down who will take his place? Idk the extent of Watson's injury, but we have three QB's that could be the starter, some schools don't even have ONE! Be Grateful.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not like people are saying "good riddance." More that

Apr 12, 2014, 9:35 PM

if Kelly really wants to be a QB getting lots of time on the field, he may be better off somewhere else at this point.

His frustration no doubt is partly due to the fact that he is in a 2/3 way race to even play. At another school that pressure could be taken off. Since he is not yet mature enough to put his mind over his emotions and get through it, a better option seems to be to remove that pressure. Just my view.

Re: Immaturity, a bad attitude and a big mouth is a bad thing,

Apr 13, 2014, 12:08 AM [ in reply to Immaturity, a bad attitude and a big mouth is a bad thing, ]

I agree with you 100% Smiling Tiger. I also think that he was frustrated because of his very poor performance today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers........Fight Big Cat

Re We had better hope that he does not transfer. The kid

Apr 12, 2014, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Be careful what you wish for. Chad has a lot of passion. ]

has tallent. I love that kind. Don't think for a minute that he can't be broken and made to fall in line. He will be okay.

Re: Re We had better hope that he does not transfer. The kid

Apr 12, 2014, 9:23 PM

> has tallent. I love that kind. Don't think for a
> minute that he can't be broken and made to fall in
> line. He will be okay.
Yeah. Just because he had discipline problems in high school, and wrote an arrogant letter to one of Clemson's QBs before arriving, and got in coaches' faces in one of last year's blowouts, and got in coaches' faces today doesn't mean that this kind of attitude is a habit or anything.

Re: I think Chad "Swag" Kelly needs to transfer schools

Apr 12, 2014, 7:59 PM

I was thinking that he may just guarantee that the coaches decide to let Watson play rather than redshirt this year. He needs to exercise a little self control.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2014, 8:02 PM

I was thinking the exact thing coming home from the game today.

I really think he will when he doesn't get a lot of PT this

Apr 12, 2014, 8:04 PM

season. Obviously I don't know the kid personally, but I've never liked what I've heard about him, and I've always been surprised that he garnered so much support on tigernet. There's a difference b/t being competitive and confident and what Kelly is, which is more cocky, arrogant, and defiant than anything.

Johnny Manziel was cocky and arrogant

Apr 12, 2014, 9:27 PM

but he won a heisman, and was a born winner. You guys want to beat South Carolina, then that's the kind of attitude we need. Not mouthing off to the coaches, but I wouldn't mind a backhanded slap to South Carolina from Chad every now and then. and please don't give me the "we are better than them" speech, because they are whooping our ### right now, and we aren't. I know the guys with the orange colored glasses are going to TD this but idc. you guys are idiots if you want Kelly to transfer.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Johnny Manziel was cocky and arrogant

Apr 12, 2014, 9:38 PM

Chad Kelly is no Johnny Manziel....

Manziel is high IQ winner who beat ALA ... but your post

Apr 12, 2014, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Johnny Manziel was cocky and arrogant ]

is interesting in that SOS could create some fire if he picked up Kelly based on Kelly and our coaches mutually parting ways. Real long shot but interesting contrarian scenario.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TAMU didn't have a Stoudt to fall back on or a Watson

Apr 12, 2014, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Johnny Manziel was cocky and arrogant ]

So there was a lot more tolerance for his bad boy behavior. But even then, Sumlin sat Manziel down more than once for his "problem" attitude during his time at TAMU. He was far from perfect and his problems didn't get completely masked by his performance.

For every Manziel, there are all kinds of arrogant bums

Apr 12, 2014, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Johnny Manziel was cocky and arrogant ]

The big difference is Manziel can back it up. Kelly hasn't earned that yet.

When you put yourself in front of Clemson...thats the end

Apr 12, 2014, 8:05 PM

and today, by arguing with OUR coaches, Kelly showed me I do not believe he is part of US. I hope I am wrong, but I'm 99% I am not.

Apr 12, 2014, 8:23 PM

> I am in no way disrespecting him, but honestly I
> highly doubt he wins the job over Stoudt at this
> point. He has worked extremely hard and I don't think
> he will take being number 2 well (as evident by him
> getting in our coaches faces today during the game).
> I think it would be best for both parties for him to
> pursue his dreams at a different school that fits him
> better. The other thing going against him is that
> even if he stays and proves that he may deserve a
> shot next year for the starting role, watson should
> be our qb of the future leaving Kelly as a back up
> his entire career. I believe there are a lot of
> school back in New York that he could start and excel
> at while also being closer to his uncle who is going
> through hard times at the moment. Best of luck to him
> but I just don't see him at Clemson in the fall....

I agree.

NFL- Green Bay Packers
NCAA- Michigan and Michigan State (formerly Clemson)
MLB- New York Yankees

Apr 12, 2014, 8:36 PM

Word

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic