Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Married banking question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 627

Married banking question

Oct 16, 2018, 3:33 PM

Inb4 lol marriage

For you married fellas and OSF.

Do you have all joint accounts or do you have a personal one for hookers and blow?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Married banking question

Oct 16, 2018, 3:36 PM

We have two joint accounts. One for bills, and one to blow. Being serious to your question. The blow money account gets a certain amount put in it each month and neither spouse is allowed to look at the withdraws because of random surprises, gifts, and Christmas. It seems to be working pretty good for us, but also the biggest thing is we trust each other enough to do it. I spend a lot more money than my wife does. I'm the shopper in our family.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sig-1

Joint checking. Personal credit cards***

Oct 16, 2018, 3:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

joints

Oct 16, 2018, 3:41 PM

no personal

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I never really saw the point in a joint account

Oct 16, 2018, 3:42 PM

I tend to think it's a recipe for disaster, eventually. Seems like a good way to sow seeds of resentment toward your spouse. Plus, I think you've got to maintain some individuality.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personal for each

Oct 16, 2018, 3:46 PM

She pays day care
I pay mortgage

She buys groceries
I pay power, water, internet, phone, tv

We split property taxes and insurance, but I get to pay majority of both

do you call each other 'roomie', too?***

Oct 16, 2018, 4:18 PM

I mean I guess I would consider a joint account if my wife

Oct 16, 2018, 4:25 PM

made more than I did, but what kind of a man would I be?

nawmsayin?

intimately

Oct 16, 2018, 4:28 PM

however, we've done joint account (plus personals) since before we was hitched.

Do you have to make appointments for sext too?***

Oct 16, 2018, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Personal for each ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3...1 joint and 2 personal accounts

Oct 16, 2018, 3:46 PM

Plus a 4th for my business

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Joint everything.

Oct 16, 2018, 3:47 PM

No personal. Neither of us are spenders.

lutz at all these cucks in here

Oct 16, 2018, 3:49 PM

1 for me. 1 for her. you make it you spend it. Makes her think twice before asking if we can do something or buy something cause she know's it ain't comin out of her pocket.

Come on now, you can't tell me you don't get the occasional

Oct 16, 2018, 3:52 PM

"But it's my money" when you ask for her to pay for lunch or something after you've paid mortgage, insurance, power, water, internet, TV, car payments, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, like a gentleman I almost always pay for lunch

Oct 16, 2018, 4:03 PM

she pays the mortgage.

I am master of all which I survey.***

Oct 16, 2018, 3:49 PM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1 joint that we both contribute to and pay bills out of

Oct 16, 2018, 3:54 PM

balance of each's paycheck then goes to a personal that is our spending money.

Joint accounts on almost everything.

Oct 16, 2018, 3:59 PM

We're in it together, for the long haul. Hookers and blow would require a separate account doe.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

LOL marriage, but yeah we even have separate transactions

Oct 16, 2018, 4:02 PM

at the grocery story. I send her my portion of the rent. Water is included. She takes care of power and I take care of cable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't speak for the rest of the Junge, but I'd like to

Oct 16, 2018, 4:16 PM

hear a grocery story.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That'd be nice.

Oct 16, 2018, 4:31 PM

One where vegetables are sensual, and people are sensuous.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All account are joint....

Oct 16, 2018, 4:09 PM

firm believer in having all finances together. Don't believe in "your" money and "my" money.

Wife is stay-at-home mom...my job supplies all income. I can't do my job (which includes travel) if she can't run the house/kids.

We do a budget every month and agree on it. We do budget for each of us to have our own "blow" money.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Samesies.

Oct 16, 2018, 7:11 PM

Joint accounts and budget is the way to go. We do exactly this, except I do a budget every two weeks since that’s how I get paid. Just is easier for me.

Oh! I do have my double secret hookers and blow account, though.

Separate.

Oct 16, 2018, 4:13 PM

19She has a job solely to pay for kids' clothes and entertainment and groceries (and she pays the gas bill to have something in her name), and she still manages to live paycheck-to-paycheck on her $75K salary. It's remarkable, really. And I pay every other bill, and save as much as I can, since she doesn't have that word in her vocabulary.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're also familiar with

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Come-on-now-you-cant-tell-me-you-dont-get-the-occasional-24271961

She'll pick up lunch or dinner about half the time,

Oct 16, 2018, 4:22 PM

as long as the tab is <$40ish. If we ever go out on date night, and go north of a bill, yeah...I'm batting 1.000 on those.

my wifey is almost identical

Oct 16, 2018, 7:02 PM [ in reply to Separate. ]

its scary how close that is to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't matter

Oct 16, 2018, 4:15 PM

I pay for it all anyway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Doesn't matter

Oct 16, 2018, 4:15 PM

bofe

most everything goes in and out of joint checking acct. have numerous joint savings accts, too

we each have a personal checking account that sidework $$ goes in, and is spent guilt-free. Usually 'bigger' solo purchase (breck bruh trips for me, usually...bitcoin...and stupid #### for her. Tho technically, I'm not sure she's ever actually dipped into her personal acct for anything unless we 'needed' it elsewhere)

Numerous?

Oct 16, 2018, 4:19 PM

Exactly how many savings accounts might 2 people require?

i've got it broken down

Oct 16, 2018, 4:27 PM

In online high(ish) interest-bearing savings (gonna change this to higher one shoon):
1) got a regular ol' savings...where we stash OUR extra money
2&3) 1 for each kid (separate from 529s and things of that ilk)
4&5) Security deposits for both rentals (really no reason to keep them separate other than to see how much interest each accrues - both are long term rentals, so it adds up)
6) Rental income savings...anything above & beyond monthly operating costs + buffer goes in here

And then I've got another at a local credit union that a portion of my paycheck goes into.

so, 7.

obviously.

His Hers Ours

Oct 16, 2018, 4:21 PM

lol marriage

I have a bills acct, a disposable acct and a savings acct.

No clue what she has.

A virginia.

Oct 16, 2018, 4:23 PM

She has a virginia, and other accoutrements that give you reasons to talk to her.

If he asking her what my name is

Oct 16, 2018, 4:28 PM

and she replies daddy is considered talking to each other then yeah we chit chat here and there

joint. i think it would only be right to have separate...

Oct 16, 2018, 4:35 PM

...accounts. but i learned a long time ago i can either be married or be right.

all joints***

Oct 16, 2018, 6:42 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m pretty impressed by the many different ways it’s

Oct 16, 2018, 7:36 PM

Handled here

We are all joint and that’s fine and good.

There’s a little of that resentment that someone mentioned of my and your money. However, I think that flow said something along the lines if I couldn’t do my job how I do it without her doing more parenting so no complaints.

This thread is started as a reaction of her questioning some of my spending of disposable income and I was curious how everyone else did it. I make more and work the side gig bartending weddings, yet don’t wanna get into a yours, mine and ours situation. She does work part time, and makes some money. I just feel after 10yrs of marriage “splitting” bills would be weird. My hookers and blow account would be stockpiled, but I try to keep it all on the up and up and not have to hide it.

At the end of the day, I feel like her questioning some spending is better than having an off shore account that is totally secret to her.

We’ve always had separate accounts. Be divorced

Oct 16, 2018, 7:55 PM

otherwise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We’ve always had separate accounts. Be divorced

Oct 16, 2018, 7:56 PM

otherwise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joint. Period. We're MARRIED.***

Oct 16, 2018, 8:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe Tambien***

Oct 16, 2018, 9:35 PM

Oct 16, 2018, 9:57 PM

We each have our own accounts, both checking and savings. I have several. Then we also have a joint checking and joint savings. All house and married duties come from the joint accounts. We both contribute to the joint accounts each month. We also both keep money in our personal accounts. There is no asking? " can I buy this " ? . . like a child.

Oct 16, 2018, 10:13 PM

Joint everything. We’re a team.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2018, 12:27 PM

We've tried this every way possible, and FOR US, we keep two separate accounts.

I pay mortgage, power bill, taxes, medical insurance, auto and home insurance, internet and that's it.

She pays for the kids clothes, after-school activities, food (groceries and eating out), daycare, and her phone bill.

We each pay for our own personal stuff.

It's worked out great so far.

We have both gotten much wiser with our money... especially her. I'm saving an extra $1000+ a month that I was when we kept a joint account.

I think it all depends on the couple though... what works for some may be disastrous for others.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

In the span of 2 weeks I got married and got

Oct 17, 2018, 12:29 PM

a joint bank account.

I wouldn't suggest either one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 45
| visibility 627
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic