Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Joe Mixon- OU video
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Joe Mixon- OU video

Dec 20, 2016, 10:06 PM

So I'm probably late on this, but I was just watching Outside the lines that I recorded earlier today. They showed the punch video (which is obviously abhorrent) and they interviewed several victims of assault on college campuses. When one female victim of sexual assault who now travels the country speaking about her ordeal, was asked about this incident and wether any fault should be placed on the "victim" who punched the player first, she answered that she is tired of everyone trying to blame the victim in these circumstances.

Again, I believe the video is horrendous, but at the same time how is it alright for a woman to punch a man in the face without expecting to be hit back?

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

expect for bigotry and discrimination

Dec 20, 2016, 10:10 PM

from both sides as an answer to this question....

It's not OK for a woman to hit a man. But a real man

Dec 20, 2016, 10:17 PM

will walk away unless he feels like his life is threatened. That fluffy slap did not warrant an NFL prospect to break her jaw and 4 bones in her face. You can walk away from a crazy woman, you don't have to demolish her.
Just my 2 cents.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

He should have given her a wet noodle slap back

Dec 20, 2016, 10:25 PM

### for tat, slap for slap, eye for eye, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: It's not OK for a woman to hit a man. But a real man

Dec 20, 2016, 10:26 PM [ in reply to It's not OK for a woman to hit a man. But a real man ]

I agree with that. He should have walked away.

i would be curious to see the statistics on prosecutions of females who commit assault on men vs the other way around. There has to be consequences, no matter what your race or sex is for assaulting another person.

I bet he wishes he HAD walked away

Dec 20, 2016, 10:28 PM

but I doubt he's learned anything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think he learned at least 2 things...

Dec 20, 2016, 10:31 PM

1- it's not illegal to punch a woman in the face in Oklahoma so long as she hit you first

2- if you are a 5* recruit at OU they won't throw you off the team for punching a woman

Nah. He didn't learn those things

Dec 20, 2016, 10:33 PM

'cause he already knew 'em. ;)

But I like your point. +1

^^^ This! ^^^^***

Dec 21, 2016, 8:18 AM [ in reply to It's not OK for a woman to hit a man. But a real man ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was raised to never hit a woman.

Dec 20, 2016, 10:23 PM

I was also taught to never let words hurt me. From what I saw, it did not appear like "it felt like a man hitting me", however we are all raised differently out of the 350 million plus that inhabit the United States.

This is just how I was raised.

Re: I was raised to never hit a woman.

Dec 20, 2016, 10:38 PM

I was raised also to never hit a woman. I was arresting a woman several years ago and she kicked me in the nuts. Out of pure instinct and reflex, I layed her out.

I would have to say, if she assaults the Family Jewels, all

Dec 21, 2016, 1:44 PM

bets are off as far as her getting decked. And, yes, I was also raised never to hit a woman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was raised to never hit a woman.

Dec 21, 2016, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I was raised to never hit a woman. ]

So you're a pig and you layed a girl out? Wow, you are a hell of a man. The kind of man no one should look up to. But your badge, and that 40k salary +/- allows you to make your own rules, right?

Message was edited by: gville76®

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

She holds some blame....

Dec 20, 2016, 10:31 PM

This is age of equality.,we,should not look at gender in this case it was not sexual attack. Walking away is wiser, But this is ### for tat...

Outrage is amazing,,we do 1st rate outrage in this country.

### for tat would have been an open-palm slap of the same

Dec 20, 2016, 10:35 PM

magnitude. What he did was indefensible.

^^^this...she didn't punch Mixon like some are saying***

Dec 21, 2016, 9:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joe Mixon- OU video

Dec 20, 2016, 10:36 PM

legitimate self defense is about a proportionate response to preserve the safety of the one being attacked. This was a most definite DISproportionate response.

Dec 20, 2016, 11:25 PM

Agree with everything you said. When I was young my father warned me about shooting my mouth off to the older boys in my neighborhood for the same reason. What the heck was she thinking? She could have a) been arrested and prosecuted, or b) gotten beat up, or c) nothing. 2 out of 3 of those options are bad for her. She wasn't playing the odds.

None of this should have ever happened. She should have never hit him, and he should have walked away. She acted like a complete idiot. Joe Mixon acted like an idiot/thug.

Men should NEVER hit women. But, young women need to understand that provoking a man especially by striking him is a dangerous proposition. If he loses his cool like Joe Mixon did you may win the legal battle, but you might lose your teeth, or worse.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2016, 11:44 PM

Women also buy in to the idea that they're untouchable Disney princesses. Anyone who's been to college knows better...there are sneaky girls, outrageous girls, and some just sowing their wild oats.

I don't know why either did what they did, but a lot of the women in this world complaining that "chivalry is dead" are also the ones killing it.

There's also a growing trend of women beating their husbands, not joking btw. It goes unreported because the males don't want the embarrassment and are subtly controlled by the female. It's like a power trip for wives...until the guy snaps and hits her or they get divorced and he pays to not see his kids which is the norm in today's America.

We've come a long way from the 50's but maybe the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction.

So what do you do?

Dec 21, 2016, 6:59 AM

The Disney Princess syndrome and the chivalry thing is absolutely true in our society.

Radio announcers everywhere are "outraged" over Joe Mixon's behavior. I get it and agree. But, I'm listening to them and agreeing (to a point) and thinking to myself "what the hell kind of parents/father did this girl have"? ### did they not teach her? That's the missing part of the equation that nobody'd talking about that needs to be addressed.

My wife loves to be treated like a "lady". She acts like one. She'd never pick a fight with a dude, even though she's athletic/strong/does crossfit and isn't a wilting flower. She knows that if you want to be treated like a lady you need to act like one, and that fighting men isn't real smart.

I can guarantee if she saw the video she'd say that the girl was an idiot who never got a good spankings by her father. She'd call Joe Mixon an animal, etc... Then she'd probably dismiss the whole thing as 2 idiots getting into it and say something like "what did she expect"? It really is that simple.

Pics???

Dec 21, 2016, 7:52 AM

Asking for a friend...

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pics???

Dec 21, 2016, 8:55 PM

She'd get pissed...lol.

Seriously, she was runner-up Ms. South Carolina years ago and she's pretty good looking. She didn't even tell me until after we got married....dumb luck.

Why shouldn't they think that?

Dec 21, 2016, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Joe Mixon- OU video ]

Look at the reaction when a woman assaults someone and gets hit back. Look at the reaction when a woman goes to a major publication with a false story about a gang rape. No repercussions, no accountability, and this woman might get a *payout* for assaulting Mixon.

As long as white knights and weak men reflexively defend women regardless of the facts or circumstances, women *are* untouchable.

That's why one of the most effective threats for those wives who beat their husbands is that THEY will call the police and say he's been hitting them. They know they'll be believed by leftist feminists and right-wing traditionalists alike.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's unquestionably a POS.

Dec 20, 2016, 11:47 PM

There is not much question about her either, as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know what was said, what words were exchanged that escalated this thing so quickly. I have no idea what caused her to push or "hit" him first, but there are several lessons here and some very clear lines that were crossed.

First, you should never, ever push, hit, or put your hands on someone just because you don't like something they said. You have no right whatsoever to do so. If you do, even though you are wrong to do so, you had ### well better be capable of handling the consequences; else you are a GD first rate fool. This girl was that at best.

Sevcondly, if you do not have good reason to fear bodily harm or death, you should never, ever respond with enough force to cause serious bodily harm or death. You have no right whatsoever to do so. Joe Mixon did just that. Even though walking away was an option, he had sveral other very reasonable options available, all of which would have allowed him to defend himself and stand his ground. Instead, he took the thug way out and destroyed a girl's face.

There's plenty of stupidity and bad decision making here to go around, but there is also a sense of entitlement here that we see all too often today; the inexplicable belief that one is entitled to lash out with physical violence at the drop of a hat.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I think we should blame the movies these kids watch***

Dec 21, 2016, 7:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

casperasop1 - you think he was justified to break her face?

Dec 21, 2016, 8:25 AM

Though acknowledging the act was 'horrendous', you seem to say he was justified to light her up.

He had a right to defend himself for sure as others have said, but not to break her. If she had a gun or a knife, then his actions may have been justified.

His lawyers coached him well in the interrogation tapes though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: casperasop1 - you think he was justified to break her face?

Dec 21, 2016, 4:12 PM

Not justified. Just wondering why women seem so empowered to hit men in our society. I have witnessed it many times. Most of the time they don't get hit back.

To me, it's rather simple

Dec 21, 2016, 8:37 AM

I think both of the following things can be (and in my estimation are) true:

1) She carries some of the blame for turning an argument into a physical altercation. No matter what happens after that (and to be clear, I'm not blaming her for all of what comes after), she bares responsibility for starting the physical altercation. That is what clears him of some legal culpability.

and

2) The degree of force he responded with simply does not pass the "objectively reasonable" test that is usually used in cases such as this. The force of his punch was not in line with the threat he faced, and a reasonable person would objectively know that. He was not in a situation where the force he used seemed necessary to extricate himself from a scenario which was threatening imminent harm to him. During the concealed and followup courses I took in Texas a large portion of the class was spent discussing reasonable use of force (both lethal and non) and the principle that was preached over and again was that the force you choose to respond with must be seen as necessary to protect you from imminent harm and I can't see how his punch would fall in line with that.

You don't have to absolve her of all blame to find he was in the wrong in his response.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Women are perpetual victims.

Dec 21, 2016, 10:02 AM

I'm with you: don't start none, won't be none.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"How is it alright for a woman to punch a man in the face

Dec 21, 2016, 10:08 AM

without expecting to be hit back?" Did you really just ask that?

C'mon man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "How is it alright for a woman to punch a man in the face

Dec 21, 2016, 4:15 PM

My point was how has it become acceptable in our society that anyone no matter race or sex feel like it's okay to hit another person. If I punch someone in the face I won't be shocked if I get hit back. He shouldn't have hit her as hard as he did. Really he shouldn't have hit her at all, but she shouldn't be surprised that she got knocked out.

the Baron von Rashke Claw hold is acceptable IMO

Dec 21, 2016, 2:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic