Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Joe Burrow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 942

Joe Burrow

Dec 31, 2019, 10:30 AM

Is he that good or did he catch lightning in a bottle in 2019?

No one will argue with his stats... They are ridiculous
5208 yds 55TDs 14-0 record!!

But prior to this year, his stats were rather pedestrian
2018 stats: 2894 yds 16 TDs 10-3 Record

Also prior to joining LSU, Joe Burrow lost out to Dwanye Haskins and Tate Martell on the depth chart at Ohio State... How did that happen?

Coming out of High School he was a 4 star QB being recruited by Ohio State, Boston College and Central Michigan...no other major programs had him on their radar

Again no one can argue his success this year, its one for the record books... but there is something behind these gaudy numbers this year and i have belief that Brent Veneables will figure out his kryptonite. Going into this game all you will hear is that Joe cant be stop and will put up 50 pts on our defenses and blah blah blah... Let their gums flap, I think we humble this man on Jan 13th and the headline on Jan 14th will read "Brent breaks Burrow". Get your popcorn ready!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joe Burrow

Dec 31, 2019, 10:38 AM

How about, "Say it ain't so, Joe!."

He's had a tremendous season. He's also lit up some awful defenses. I mean, 7 td passes in one half! Lincoln, get yourself some defense, man. Joe will be introduced to a real defense on the 13th.

Re: Joe Burrow

Dec 31, 2019, 10:42 AM

He sort of grew into the position. The passing coordinator from the Saints didn't hurt anything either.

My honest opinion is that he was a late bloomer, who

Dec 31, 2019, 10:45 AM

also caught lightning in a bottle from the aspect of being in exactly the right place at exactly the right time to be the triggerman for this newfangled passing offense that LSU finally figured out. He is also the recipient of a VERY good offensive line, best in the country if you believe the awards circuit. I believe he will succeed on the next level, but he will have to make decisions MUCH faster there. Historically, high drafting teams have turrible offensive lines, so he better not be making any Johnny Football type "ready to wreck this league" type comments going forward.

In Brent Venables I Trust to come up with some wrinkles that Leetle Burrow has not seen before. Then, we will get to see how great he truly is. He may well pass the test, but we have a lot of guys who have ALREADY passed that same test.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

his prior year stats were with clean-up personnel...

Dec 31, 2019, 10:50 AM

.... no one can argue that this kid is the real deal. But the true engine to the LSU offense is the play caller. Brady is the Brent Venables of Offense. Can't wait to see the two go head-to-head.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Sold his soul to the debil.***

Dec 31, 2019, 11:47 AM

Replies: 5
| visibility 942
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic