Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jocks & Jill's Charlotte.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,266

Jocks & Jill's Charlotte.

Nov 28, 2018, 11:25 AM

Was wondering if anyone knew anything about this place. My wife and I are staying the night in Charlotte after the game and are looking for a place to watch the selection show. This place looks great and isn't far from our hotel. But anyone on here familiar with it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jocks & Jill's Charlotte.

Nov 28, 2018, 11:27 AM

If you are looking for a bland, overpriced corporate dining experience, Jocks and Jill's would be a good bet. But then again, That is is mostly what you will find in Charlotte.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 11:29 AM

Yeah the good places seems to be right in downtown, but we didn't want to backtrack there. Are the TVs good? (you can see what's important to me)

Nov 28, 2018, 11:32 AM

Mac's speed shop on South BLVD is where I found my self a lot of night is Charlotte. Decent BBQ, lots of space, and TVs, and one of the better beer selections in town. I think it is about a mile south of the stadium. Parking is an issue here though. I have only been to Jocks and Jill's in Atlanta, nothing stood out out it.

Nov 28, 2018, 1:01 PM

There's another Mac's just south of 485 on South Tryon...probably not that far from where you are.

Nov 28, 2018, 1:05 PM

about 640 miles or so.

Nov 28, 2018, 11:31 AM

lot of clemson people will be at "draught". or the dog house.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

on Tyvola ?

Nov 28, 2018, 11:34 AM

I've been once.

Flying out of Charlotte, we received a delay notice on the way to the airport so we ended up there to wait-out the delay.

If you're on that side of town, I suppose it's about as good as anything else you'll find.

They've got a bunch of TV's spread throughout the inside along with an outdoor dining area with several TV's as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 28, 2018, 11:35 AM

I would try Mac's Speed Shop in South End, Brazwell's in Montford, or Ed's Tavern... all are better than Jocks and Jill's.

Nikki's is a good place to watch the show***

Nov 28, 2018, 11:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Although not downtown

Nov 28, 2018, 11:41 AM

I’ve always been fond of Mickey and Moochies in the Arboretum. It’s not a sports bar but they do have a bar with TVs
And the food is good...
I think!

Do yourselves a favor and go to Roasting Company

Nov 28, 2018, 11:51 AM

on Montford Dr. I've been here since 94 and it is has always been a favorite place to go. Food is amazing and they added a bar with a great local beer selection on draught a few years back. Also, get the queso and chips.

That place is still open? I figured they would have

Nov 28, 2018, 11:55 AM

imploded that when they blew up the old Coliseum.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Not Really Clean on my last visit

Nov 28, 2018, 11:59 AM

Food was so so

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another place is Piedmont Social House, Wild Wings right nex

Nov 28, 2018, 12:12 PM

next to it if either is crowded..Its in Ayrsley Town Village which isnt' too far from you. Theres also a Macs Speed Shop a qtr of a mile down from there as well. But Jocks and Jills would be fine too if you're just wanting to catch the selection show. It will probably be a lot less busy than the other two which might be a good thing.

Also the Top Golf right close by on I485 is really not

Nov 28, 2018, 12:14 PM

a bad place to eat and watch a game. I was rather impressed with that place as a whole.

Nov 28, 2018, 12:26 PM

Its ehhhh. Good enough if you just want simple.

Duckworths on Tryon is an awesome spot.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 12:31 PM

This!!!! I couldn't believe no one had mentioned Duckworth's yet, incredible beer selection, better than most, bar food, and TV's everywhere!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but thats uptown, park rd., or ballantyne isn't it..

Nov 29, 2018, 10:54 AM

if he's staying near jocks and jills, Duckworths is a ways away. Unless there's one around that area that i don't know about. i guess Park Rd.area isn't too far from there..theres angry ales, duckworths, and about 2/3 others over there that would be good for just hanging out and watching the selection show.

Nov 28, 2018, 12:36 PM

If you are staying by the old coliseum, go to McKoy's smokehouse & saloon on Woodlawn and Old Pineville, local place. Not far from you, they have plenty of tvs and food is excellent. I like Mac's but it can get too loud (guess I'm getting old). Roasting Co and Brazwell's are good if you want to go a few miles further to Montford Ave. a lot of people like Lebowski's in Dilworth, also.

As another poster said, just don't go to other overpriced and chain sports bars like TacoMac or Jocks & Jills. check yelp if you have to.

Jocks & Jill's is the Applebees of

Nov 28, 2018, 12:41 PM

Sports bars.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,266
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic