Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jim Harbaugh
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Jim Harbaugh

Jul 18, 2016, 8:41 AM

Just had a conversation with someone within the Stanford football team and what he said was interesting.

He said Jim Harbaugh is a good coach but an aweful person and that several of Stanford's former players don't like him including Richard Sherman.

He described Harbaugh as the hot girlfriend who makes your life a living nightmare.

The situation in San Fran was not surprising that all of the players had turned on him and the situation became untenable. Harbaugh is a living emodiment of what it is to be a jerk.

Anyways, this guy predicts Harbaugh will have some success but that it won't be long lasting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Sounds legit, his track record would reinforce that***

Jul 18, 2016, 8:48 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jim Harbaugh

Jul 18, 2016, 9:07 AM

What's always amazed me is that someone his age, (50-55?) hasn't learned how to change a destructive and obnoxious behavior. Even to temper it a little. He has probably lost countless friends b/c of it but doesn't care or think he is the problem. I know people like him and they die lonely people. Regret shouldn't come to him in the hospital bed.

I'm reminded of some profound words of wisdom....

Jul 18, 2016, 9:24 AM

that were written on bathroom wall in Sloan Street.

"No matter how smokin' hot you think she is, somewhere there is a guy who is sick of her $#17"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I'm reminded of some profound words of wisdom....

Jul 18, 2016, 9:49 AM

> that were written on bathroom wall in Sloan Street.
>
>
> "No matter how smokin' hot you think she is,
> somewhere there is a guy who is sick of her $#17"
>
>

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2016, 9:28 AM

I have felt and continue to believe Harbaugh is an egotistical jerk. He will get pi$$ed at someone or something At Michigan and he will not just leave, he will do what he did in San Francisco...he will try to destroy the entire program for his enjoyment. In my opinion, he is a sick man that has sleepovers with teenage boys....enough said.

Jul 18, 2016, 10:06 AM

Was listening to Sirius XM the other day and Rick Neuheisel was talking about him and said pretty much the same thing. This is what he did when they meet at mid-field to shake hands after a game. "They won 24-16 and we’re driving trying to get the tying score and he comes across to shake hands — and this is before he did it to (former Detroit Lions coach) Jim Schwartz, by the way — and he just slaps my hand and (says) ‘What’d you think about that, Ricky?'” Neuheisel said. “And I’m like, Did that just happen? I mean who does that?"

Jul 18, 2016, 10:25 AM

Y'all should know my thoughts on Harbaugh from my earlier posts. He's a total shitbag

Jul 18, 2016, 10:40 AM

As long as people continue to pay him top dollar, he will continue to be a giant d0uchebag. Nothing will change him short of being drummed out of football for a while, but programs are too greedy to let that happen. So he'll destroy another team and move to the next. He is toxic, but apparently the only way to learn that is the hard way.

You didn't have to talk to someone in the Stanford program

Jul 18, 2016, 10:42 AM

all that stuff is pretty widely spread on the interwebs.

Jul 18, 2016, 12:35 PM

It makes sense why he is a college coach and why he never truly succeeded at the NFL level. In college, you can be a d-bag and treat your kids like middle schoolers if you keep winning. Kids will continue to commit, boosters will keep giving money, etc. But in the NFL when you're paying guys $15 million a year and you're the coach, acting like an idiot, the players aren't going to want anything to do with that.

nice...

Jul 18, 2016, 12:37 PM

dsp likes him even more now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You guise no what I like about Hardosche?

Jul 18, 2016, 12:40 PM

He's not Clemson's problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2016, 12:57 PM

That is exactly why he is a better college coach. He only has the good players 3 years and his act doesn't wear thin before they move on. I think he will be very successful at Mich. We will have to play them for the NC before too long.

None of this is new news

Jul 18, 2016, 1:07 PM

With Harbaugh you know what you get. A driven, intense guy, that will either burn himself - a program - or both out.

With Harbaugh a program will find success. For how long his methods are sustainable no one knows. With SF drama - I don't know what % of blame goes to the back office v players v Harbaugh.

He has been overwhelmingly successful at all his stops, building each program quickly. However he left quickly his college programs so not sure how well he can nurture/sustain a college program.

His personality fits college. Kids have to deal with him for five years at most.

I think Michigan will be the real deal if not this year than next.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't doubt most of that, but Richard Sherman is a little

Jul 18, 2016, 1:27 PM

biased. He may have played for Harbaugh in college, but SF and Harbaugh has been his chief rival for his entire NFL career. He always plays for one of the best player coaches (as in players just love the guy) in the history of football in Pete Carroll, and there's been bad blood between Harbaugh and Carroll going back to their Stanford/USC days.

Re: I don't doubt most of that, but Richard Sherman is a little

Jul 18, 2016, 4:25 PM

Harbaugh burns places and people up. Even he knows it.

I do think he'll be successful at Michigan, but as Tiger Woods and a lot of folks have commented, he's a Fast Burn guy, a guy who does not think or plan for tomorrow because all he cares about is winning today. At any cost.

One thing that's worth noting is that he burned himself up the same way. As an NFL QB, he was pretty limited, but he was willing to be a Crash Test Dummy if that's what it took to win. He sustained and played through injuries that would have put anybody sane in traction...it's honestly amazing he can still climb trees and run around with his shirt off, because he could easily be a cripple.

As fanatical as he is, he can probably build a contender - maybe even a NT winner - in 2-3 years at a place like Michigan - but there's little to no chance Harbaugh himself is there 4-5 years from now. He just isn't built for that.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic