Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Keys to beating Syracuse!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Keys to beating Syracuse!

Sep 9, 2019, 1:02 PM

The 40 players who were not on the team last year will have to "grow up quick"! Or rather get their head in the game quick and not have jet lag.
This will Cuse 1st home game as they opened At Liberty then went to Maryland and got smoked. Tigers need to take them out of it early.
They tackled poorly versus Maryland. Etiene and Lynn J will have to be able to break those arm tackles and make them drop a safety to the box.
Really - I am not worried about our offense versus their defense! The new starters on defense in my opinion are not as good as the guys they have had. Saw a little of the Liberty game and it was more about poor Liberty execution rather than Cuse defense.

Defense will face a good QB this week. Devito was a 4 star player coming out of H.S. He played well last week versus Maryland 20 yd line to the 20 yd line. Their offense bogged down there. They still have basketball players for WR's so the jump ball will be in effect. I like DK and AJ in those match ups though. This will be a coming out party(predicting it now) for DK! I say he gets a pick and a few PBU's this game.
Cuse was ranked b/c they are a good team. I think they will finish ranked. But, they have not shown it so far this season versus Liberty or Maryland. Maybe road woes; but I don't think so.

If Clemson doesn't beat Clemson - Cuse can't win. If we simply don't turn the ball over and score when we have short fields. Good field position. And limit their offense like we have the last couple seasons; Tigers win.
Maybe even a big win depending on which poison the Cuse coaching staff decides to take!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

show up

Sep 9, 2019, 1:03 PM

:)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And show out.***

Sep 9, 2019, 1:05 PM

Smoother than a fresh jar of Skippy!***

Sep 9, 2019, 1:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jet lag? Syracuse is in the same time zone***

Sep 9, 2019, 1:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

and I thought DK played really well againt aTm***

Sep 9, 2019, 1:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought he played great too, especially for his 1st ever

Sep 9, 2019, 1:18 PM

start at DB!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You and you're facts ***

Sep 9, 2019, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Jet lag? Syracuse is in the same time zone*** ]

Re: Jet lag? Syracuse is in the same time zone***

Sep 9, 2019, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Jet lag? Syracuse is in the same time zone*** ]

I know. I was trying to be funny!

Re: Jet lag? Syracuse is in the same time zone***

Sep 9, 2019, 6:27 PM

Just wondering if everyone watched the Maryland game or just looked at the score who have commented. Cuse did some good things in that game; but UM had too many "big plays"!
They moved it between the 20's but then got turned away.

Maryland has the OC from Bama Coach Mike Locksley running the show and Josh Gattis calls the plays! Locksley won the Broyles award as the nations top assistant and is credited for much of Tua Turn-the-ball-over's success!

So the Maryland score - beat Texas the last two years as well - doesn't surprise me much. The Liberty score even though they were on the road did surprise me. Unless they went basic trying to hold everything for CU! Maybe they thought they could do the same with Maryland and got a spanking for assuming!

Devito isn't a gamer like Dungey more of a traditional QB. But, he can sling it and is pretty accurate. 71.8% completion rate. 330 yards. 3 tds.

I think he's good enough to stress a defense especially if we don't get a lead on these guys early. I too think we should not have a great deal of problems with Cuse. But, they are playing at home.

There is a reason this will be a prime time game Saturday. How close the last two have been. I like the bravado and confidence everyone is showing. Just not sure if it's just based on the final score of Maryland or not. Because if you saw the game you would probably think different.

Re: Keys to beating Syracuse!

Sep 9, 2019, 1:40 PM

Keys to beating Syracuse:

1 - Keep our starting QB healthy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 2:36 PM

You do know most of those 40 will not be traveling with the team. ACC rules limits either 72 or 75 players traveling. Out of almost 120 on the team any that will probably be redshirting will not be traveling. This will be the first time we can tell out of the freshman that will probably redshirt.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take away the fans' keys'.

Sep 9, 2019, 4:15 PM

Otherwise, they will be jangling them all game making it unbearably loud for our Tigers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sep 9, 2019, 7:20 PM

https://www.nunesmagician.com/2019/9/8/20856087/syracuse-orange-football-open-as-huge-underdogs-vs-clemson-tigers

The comment section is interesting here. Keeping it real, LOL!

Show up. It’s Syracuse. And we’re Clemson. Easy win.***

Sep 9, 2019, 7:22 PM

Re: Show up. It’s Syracuse. And we’re Clemson. Easy win.***

Sep 9, 2019, 7:41 PM

2014 CU 16 Cuse 6
2015 CU won by only 10. 37-27. We went to the Natty that year!
2016 blew them out 54-0
2017 - Cuse won 27-24
2018 - CU wins by a hair. 27 23.

***Is all this based off of what Maryland did? Because when CU has played Cuse the last few years the games have been far more competitive. I am sure the coaches are more in line with how I see it. Nothing they have done "against us" suggest this will be a blow out! 2016 we blew Wake out then followed that by getting beat by Pitt at home. We can't overlook Cuse. Windshield mentality is the best thing I heard today. Reset button is the 2nd best. This team will give us all they have in front of what is expected to be a record crowd.

Now, I hope we blow them out like we did in 2016. I hope actually we put up more points than Maryland did and hold them to less points. But, for whatever reason since Dino Babers(2016) has been there minus his 1st year - they have given us fits.
Herbstreit is doing the game for this very reason! It's a night game for this reason! Just saying! I'm probably just being a Worry Wally!

Sep 9, 2019, 7:45 PM

Hydrate!

Sep 9, 2019, 9:10 PM

SCORE POINTS THAN THEY DO!!!

ST

Replies: 17
| visibility 1