Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
On Obama's last day, will he sign an executive order...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 88
| visibility 1

On Obama's last day, will he sign an executive order...

Jan 19, 2017, 7:22 AM

making it illegal to be white? Good riddance to the absolutely worst leader I have ever witnessed in any party, race, creed, or sexual orientation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One can only hope

Jan 19, 2017, 7:30 AM

I'm tired of all this privilege and just being given things in life, not having to work for anything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Absolutely

Jan 19, 2017, 8:00 AM

And how wonderful it was for our family when, as a child, my stepfather lost his job because of affirmative action. I knew it then, we deserved it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Absolutely

Jan 19, 2017, 8:15 AM

Blame Obama for that too?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, are you confusing Obama with Trump?

Jan 19, 2017, 8:19 AM [ in reply to One can only hope ]

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: On Obama's last day, will he sign an executive order...

Jan 19, 2017, 8:14 AM

I'm sure this is something you really worry about.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's not Dave....

Jan 19, 2017, 8:58 AM

All is going to be okay

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't worry, he won't be worst for long.***

Jan 19, 2017, 8:17 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Question.....

Jan 19, 2017, 8:52 AM

Do you think anybody with a lot of money can multiply that money and create a successful business?

The reason I ask is because when I say "leader," I'm including every type of organization I can think of, from the local boy scout troop to a the POTUS. Position does not make one a leader.

We have spent the last 8 years watching this guy flub around, alienating his opponents, dividing the country, while most news services tell us how great he is. His actions in his final days in office are an exclamation on what a pathetic, ideologue he is.

Trump may indeed be a poor POTUS, we'll see. But it will be hard to argue that his leadership skills are far superior to Obama's, who has accomplished little on his own merit and has done nothing to influence people to his way of thinking.

So, the ability to personally enrich oneself

Jan 19, 2017, 9:00 AM

is the standard for leadership?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are boy scout leaders rich?

Jan 19, 2017, 9:07 AM

Maybe some are, I don't know. I think you missed the point.

I'm saying it takes leadership to bring people together and get things done. Do you know of anybody that was against Obama in 2008 that has moved to his side? Has he convinced anybody that his ideas and what he did was great for the country?

I know I'm known for being critical of him, but after he first got elected I was willing to give him a chance. All he has done is tell me and people who think like me to "get out of his way" over and over.

Your measure of success for Obama was whether

Jan 19, 2017, 9:15 AM

he could convince people who were never going to be on his side to be on his side? And because he hasn't done that, he's the worst leader you've ever seen? It's easy to say "I was critical of him, but I was willing to give him a chance." A chance at what? You don't like his policies, so you voted against him. Were you giving him a chance to change his policies to something you approve of? He didn't do that, so he blew his chance at being the leader you'd hope and expect him to be?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I didn't think he would change his policies...

Jan 19, 2017, 9:36 AM

but I expect a leader will be able to pull one, just one person to his side. I'm not sure how you define leadership, I define leadership as the ability to influence people. I hesitate to say this for the fear of coming across as a know-it-all, but I did a lot of study on leadership in my Masters degree. I do not have time to go research a ton of quotes, but just one from Wikipedia give this:"US academic environments define leadership as "a process of social influence in which a person can enlist the aid and support of others in the accomplishment of a common task."

I know it will be blamed on Republicans or FOX News, but I don't see Obama ever working real hard to bring people along to his way of thinking. I expected him to at least create some kind of common ground in the country.

I did NOT expect him to create a deeper divide between the races. I thought if anything, he would bring us closer. Instead he has made more things about race than they were in 2007. He reacted unwisely by making comments on racial incidents before all of the information was in on numerous occasions.

With that said, I still go back to what I said in a previous post, position does not make one a leader. POTUS does not equal leader. So, my political leanings and my thoughts on his policies have no bearing on whether or not he was going to be a good leader. I would say I never expected him to be a good POTUS, but I thought he might would be a good leader.

How do you create common ground with people who

Jan 19, 2017, 9:44 AM

have no desire for common ground? That's a pretty appropriate description of the right for the past 8 years, I believe. Will you hold Trump and his leadership qualities to the same standard? Trump's MO has NEVER been about cooperation and working with others; he's one of the biggest bullies any of us have ever seen on a political stage. If he continues those tactics, which isn't a stretch in the least, and doesn't win a single person on the left to his cause/team, will he ultimately go down as tied with Obama for the worst leader in the history of the ultraverse?

I agree though that we're lucky Trump is white, and won't waste a lot of time discussing race. It's clearly not a problem in this country, and I have no idea why Obama spent so much time pandering on the subject. No, wait, it was to pander--I answered my own question. Anyway, I'm pretty confident that Trump won't stoop to that level.

First question...

Jan 19, 2017, 10:07 AM

has it not been said that the ACA was a republican idea? So, republicans just fought him because he was a democrat? Because he was black? I'm not sure what it is. I just don't ever recall a whole party being obstructionist just to obstruct since the dems took Congress in W's last term. Surely there has to be a reason no one would work with him. I guess its just because every conservative is a piece of crap or hates black people or Obama didn't do a good job getting them on board.

So we have the side that see it as Republicans just wanted Obama to fail. Then we have a side that observed Obama trying to strong-arm his agenda by mocking the Republicans and telling them "elections have consequences" and many other statements. Hey, maybe that's good leadership to some.

Second question...I will absolutely hold Trump to the same standard. Trump was not my first choice, but I would have held Rubio or anybody else to that standard. I didn't like a lot of thing George W did, but he was a pretty good leader and reached out to those he didn't agree with.

Last statement...I don't care what color the POTUS is, but race is the water on the flame on any discussion, especially weird ones like this.

The whole party was obstructionist so they could keep their

Jan 19, 2017, 11:01 AM

jobs. After redistricting and with the rise of the Tea Party, mainstream Republicans were attacked by their right flank and the only way to retain their seats was to be more partisan and recalcitrant. This meant not compromising with or capitulating to Obama and the Democrats on anything.

Swarley's post made me realize there are two starkly different Americas and I don't really see any way to bridge that gap. One side will just be marginalized, which I think will happen naturally do to demographic shifts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*due to***

Jan 19, 2017, 11:35 AM

While I agree that the biggest problem with politicians is

Jan 20, 2017, 9:34 AM [ in reply to The whole party was obstructionist so they could keep their ]

the fact that most care little for what they actually get done and a lot about what they need to do to get re-elected.

At the same time though, are they not supposed to be representative of what their constituents want them to be? If a Republican congressman from SC were to get on board with reaching across the isle on immigration, or ACA, or any number of other policies introduced by this administration, would they not be voting against the wishes of the people they are supposed to represent?

I think it's a fair question when people start talking about obstruction.

GO TIGERS!!

His failure on ACA was he should have pushed for single

Jan 19, 2017, 4:08 PM [ in reply to First question... ]

Payer and then settled on Boehnercare, which is what the ACA would be called now if he had.

Second, I think you forget how much republicans hated Obama. So much that John Boehner was afraid to play golf with him again because it made people lose their minds.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/249630-boehner-unlikely-to-golf-again-with-obama

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the bigger failure was that, by design I assume,

Jan 19, 2017, 4:14 PM

ACA was a trojan horse that if left in place, had no other real potential outcome than to lead to single payer.

I really don't think he predicted a scenario where anything could derail that progression.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was always the end goal***

Jan 19, 2017, 4:31 PM

So, since the ACA was a concession and is based on pub ideas

Jan 19, 2017, 11:05 PM [ in reply to I think the bigger failure was that, by design I assume, ]

yet it was also designed to be a "Trojan horse" does that mean the Republicans wanted a single payer originally? Or are you saying that the dems knew the Republican ideas they based the ACA on would fail which then would lead to single payer (an idea that would work)?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol..."It was all the pub's idea!".

Jan 19, 2017, 11:20 PM

ho-kay.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol..."it's a trojan horse"

Jan 19, 2017, 11:43 PM

My point was it was based on republican ideas (it was) (not really popular ones, but republican nonetheless)

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2013/nov/15/ellen-qualls/aca-gop-health-care-plan-1993/

even if you dismiss that (you will), it's at least more proof than you have for saying it's a trojan horse, so there's that...

You're engaging in some real mental gymnastics to take

Jan 20, 2017, 11:55 AM

the stink off the Dems over this.

I'm not disputing where the idea may or may not have come from....why? Because I don't care.

What I do care about is who was directly responsible for inflicting this P0S abortion of a public program on me and my family, and that sure as shid wasn't the GOP.

mental gymnastics = knowing the facts? uh, okay.

Jan 20, 2017, 3:09 PM

I think you summed up your (and many other's opinion) on this issue here:

I'm not disputing where the idea may or may not have come from....why? Because I don't care.

As long as you feel wronged and you can hate the dems (or pubs, for certain others on this board) no matter what, you don't care what the issue is about.

You know who cares about this "public program?"
This guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtkzdH9x2l4

and 20 million others. The pubs better have a replacement, but all the ideas they've talked about are worse ideas than the ACA (cost more, cover less people) and I feel like you and many others forget how bad things were before the ACA. As for the guy in the video, maybe you should tell him "I don't care."

" many others forget how bad things were before the ACA"

Jan 20, 2017, 3:12 PM

How bad was it? What was cured in your life with the passage of ARRA, and later the ACA?

Wasn't so much talking about myself, as Americans in general

Jan 20, 2017, 3:22 PM

but I'll name the biggest, most popular (and obvious): Pre-existing conditions.

The thing is a massive boodoggle.

Jan 20, 2017, 3:31 PM

I'm not getting into it today because its Friday, and I won;t change your mind or anyone else's, so its pointless. The whole thing was a war on insurance companies.

And it didn't even cover the two biggest parts of healthcare costs:

1) Tort reform (FordPrefect will argue this, but doctors have told me malpractice insurance is their most expensive item)
2) interstate competition for insurance

It was always intended as a gateway to single payer insurance.

A concession to whom and why? It didn't receive any...

Jan 20, 2017, 7:42 AM [ in reply to So, since the ACA was a concession and is based on pub ideas ]

go votes and the law was written without gop input. You seem to have a very flawed memory of how the ACA came about.

"gop votes"***

Jan 20, 2017, 7:42 AM

I mention some of that here:

Jan 20, 2017, 3:21 PM [ in reply to A concession to whom and why? It didn't receive any... ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=20923879

and http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2013/10/daily-chart-1

The concessions were more on the ideas than initiation of the plan. Republicans weren't going to vote for anything the dems (specifically because of Obama) put forth, so obviously, there was going to be little the dems could actually concede without just giving up on the whole idea of healthcare reform.

I would agree with you...

Jan 20, 2017, 3:58 PM

but then we'd both be wrong

Now for something completely different...

Jan 20, 2017, 4:21 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGK8IC-bGnU

Really late getting to this and doubt anyone will read, but

Jan 20, 2017, 12:16 AM [ in reply to First question... ]

You say this about George W: "he was a pretty good leader and reached out to those he didn't agree with."

but earlier you said this: "I just don't ever recall a whole party being obstructionist just to obstruct since the dems took Congress in W's last term."

On Obama you said this about Obama facing off against "obstructionist" republicans: "Surely there has to be a reason no one would work with him. I guess its just because every conservative is a piece of crap or hates black people or Obama didn't do a good job getting them on board."

Do you see the double standard? Dubya "reached out" but Obama "strong-armed." The dems were obstructionist (for no reason) but the republicans weren't (or had a good reason). This is the logic of your arguments.

And how can you agree that the ACA was a republican idea but not then acknowledge that maybe that's a good example of Obama reaching out? Republicans shifting further to the right based on Obama moving closer to them is somehow seen as Obama strong arming them? I'm confused on this.

I will agree with you that I think Obama focused somewhat too much on race, and wasn't as pragmatic and cautious about what he said in regards to that issue as he was about most of the other issues during his presidency. However, on the flip side I don't think you can blame him for the division in race seeing as the man that helped lead a very racist agenda against Obama for most of his two terms was just now elected President. Obama had very little to do with that reaction other than being Black.

Re: Really late getting to this and doubt anyone will read, but

Jan 20, 2017, 12:32 AM

Hilarious that you post a TLDR at 12:15am. Whutthefuvk you thinking? DumbbaZz

I know

Jan 20, 2017, 12:38 AM

:(

Franc's comments hit the nail on the head, and i

Jan 19, 2017, 10:41 AM [ in reply to How do you create common ground with people who ]

Have been saying the same thing for years.

Leadership is hard. Leadership of the USA is very hard. And Obama either didn't have the ability or didn't think it was worth it.

I'm not here to define leadership, but after eight years your defense of the man is "Hey, conservatives didn't want to work with him...what did you expect?" Then you are unknowingly conceding the point. If everyone just did what you said to do, leadership would be easy.

Obama never brought anyone along to his vision of America who wasn't already there. What's worse, very early on he seemed to decide that he wouldn't bother to try. Unbelievable. The main reason I believe he was the worst president of my life time wasn't his horrible policies or arrogance or corruption...it was because no president I know has ever just flipped the bird to half the country for eight years like he did. Truly, this, more than anything, is an under appreciated cause of a large part of the country voting for Trump. It's not just the current President wasn't doing what they wanted, it's that he didn't give a #### about them. Heck, it felt like they were a punchline at his dinner parties.

null

Obama came into office in the middle of our countries worst

Jan 19, 2017, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Your measure of success for Obama was whether ]

financial event since the great depression. And what did he do? He rammed a healthcare bill down our throats that noone wanted.

He ended up putting the same people in charge of our economy that caused the meltdown to begin with, and changed absolutely nothing so that it couldn't happen again. He never even asked, nor pushed for anything to be changed. He was bought and paid for by the same people that almost crashed the worlds economy before he ever took office.

If that doesn't make you enraged on that point alone, nothing will.

Who were those "same people"?***

Jan 19, 2017, 9:57 AM

Larry Summers,Bob Rubin, Michael Froman, Timothy Geithner

Jan 19, 2017, 10:07 AM

Ben Bernanke and many more.

All were heavily involved Lehman, Bear Stearns, Citigroup, or had large interests in them.

Nobody went to jail, nobody was investigated, and better yet...they went to work for the government.

Missed Martin Feldstein and Laura Tyson. Both were economic

Jan 19, 2017, 10:22 AM

advisers to Obama as well.

You might remember Feldstein was on the Board of AIG. Laura Tyson was on the board of Morgan Stanley since 1997.

Also, what do Boy Scout leaders have to do with Trump?

Jan 19, 2017, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Are boy scout leaders rich? ]

Trump has proven to be extraordinarily adept at one thing: making money. Being a Boy Scout troop leader doesn't involve making money, and I can't imagine Trump would waste his time doing anything of the sort. Does that mean he couldn't do it? Probably not, but it's not in his interest. Are you saying Obama couldn't lead a Boy Scout troop? WHAT A WEIRD CONVERSATION THIS IS TURNING INTO.

Did Trump make money on his own?

Jan 19, 2017, 9:52 AM

He led people to make the money.

The boy scout troop leader has nothing to do with Trump or Obama. I am talking about good leadership. Good leadership accomplishes something. It could be money or it could be something more intangible.

Do you believe a boy scout troop leader can be a good leader? Does it make a difference? Do you believe a football coach can be a good leader? Because I believe that Dabo's strength is not in his knowledge of X's and O's, but in his leadership ability. He is an extraordinary leader.

I don't know if Obama could lead a boy scout troop or not. I guess it depends on whether all of the boys in the troop liked what he was doing, because he has shown no ability to sway people who disagree with him, only belittle them. I can think of NO ONE he has influenced to work with him.

And now, I agree with you. This thread is getting weird and turning into a big pile of dog poop.

The white law was a joke. I was serious that Obama is one of the worst leaders I have ever witnessed.

Trump may turn out to be a terrible POTUS. I often cringe at his tweets, which are mostly aimed at people in the public eye. There are many people who do not like him, but he is trying to reach across the aisle. We'll see how he does. When he starts telling the American people who disagree with him and stop talking then we will be in the same boat we have been the last 8 years.

Your last paragraph...

Jan 19, 2017, 10:06 AM

Trump may turn out to be a terrible POTUS. I often cringe at his tweets, which are mostly aimed at people in the public eye. There are many people who do not like him, but he is trying to reach across the aisle. We'll see how he does. When he starts telling the American people who disagree with him and stop talking then we will be in the same boat we have been the last 8 years.

I don't really see that Trump is trying to reach across the aisle, but let's say, for the sake of argument, he is. When his hand gets slapped and rejected, as Obama's was in what was shown to be a coordinated obstructionist effort from the right...what then? Trump is a terrible leader? I really don't believe you're going to be applying the same standard, and I'm pretty sure you too already know you're not. You'll just say Democrats and the left are unreasonable obstructionists.

But that last line...yeah? WHEN he starts telling the American people who disagree with him to stop talking?

How about "Mr. Trump, will you release your tax returns to prove you don't have any connections to Russia?" "I won the election, so you can stop talking about this now, because they'll never be released." That's paraphrasing, of course, but it gives us a point of reference if you haven't yet picked up on the numerous examples of Trump telling Americans to stop talking, before ever even stepping foot into office.

Has Trump brought people together?

Jan 19, 2017, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Are boy scout leaders rich? ]

All he has done is tell me and people who think like me to "get out of his way" over and over.

^^^Doesn't this describe Trump?^^^

I just don't see Trump being the leader that you criticize Obama for not being.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has Trump started?

Jan 19, 2017, 10:11 AM

Although several polls with anywhere from a 23-24% sampling of Republican voters say Trump is the least popular POTUS to take office in history, we'll have to wait and see.

His Twitter feed is not a good start.

Jan 19, 2017, 10:39 AM

Nor was his campaign rhetoric.

I'm not optimistic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His tweet about wishing a happy new year to all

Jan 19, 2017, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Has Trump started? ]

Even the many losers he has handily defeated was a great start!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are boy scout leaders rich?

Jan 19, 2017, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Are boy scout leaders rich? ]

Didn't he save the Auto industry? And work to get the votes to avoid the U.S. defaulting on our loans (since the Republican Congress were dragging their feet)? Two pretty big ideas where he was able to build consensus that worked out quite well.

I was against Obama in 08 and 12 and would love

Jan 20, 2017, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Are boy scout leaders rich? ]

to see him for a third term now...

Re: Question.....

Jan 20, 2017, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Question..... ]

This is the same guy who trashed MLK on MLK day.. Yea you're too far right man, slap some of that red off your neck...

Re: Don't worry, he won't be worst for long.***

Jan 19, 2017, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Don't worry, he won't be worst for long.*** ]

Agree, because I'm sure we'll elect another sorry assed socialist before too long.

We can only hope Donald Trump makes America white again.***

Jan 19, 2017, 8:31 AM

Jesus Christ dude, you've really jumped the shark these past

Jan 19, 2017, 8:37 AM

couple days.

Relax, your supreme leader is about to take control.

Lol...

Jan 19, 2017, 8:54 AM

The white thing was a joke. I am not responsible for the comments of those responding to the thread.

Well as another PnR poster learned, careful making race

Jan 19, 2017, 9:00 AM

jokes during recruiting season.

I started to reply to the first two responses...

Jan 19, 2017, 9:09 AM

but I was driving. The thread definitely made a turn there that I did not intend.

and I did make the mistake...

Jan 19, 2017, 9:11 AM

combining a tongue-in-cheek comment with a serious comment, so I guess I deserve what I get

Re: and I did make the mistake...

Jan 19, 2017, 9:19 AM

lol***

Jan 19, 2017, 10:09 AM

No way you could foresee that response

Jan 19, 2017, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Lol... ]

On the lounge. Who would ever have thunk?

Donald Trump - The Great White Hope

Jan 19, 2017, 8:46 AM

and The Ugly American.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Donald Trump - The Great White Hope. Obama proved

Jan 19, 2017, 1:11 PM

time and time again that he certainly tried to break the back of America and shove crap down the throat of any white American that he could.

^^^rassisssisis***

Jan 19, 2017, 9:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

order 66?***

Jan 19, 2017, 9:19 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm still waiting...

Jan 19, 2017, 9:42 AM

For what he's going to do today to take away all our guns and institute Sharia Law. Any thoughts on how that's going down?

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

You'll still be waiting in 2024 for Trump to deport...

Jan 19, 2017, 9:57 AM

30 mil mexicans too. Lies do fly during elections.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How's he gonna deport people in 2024...

Jan 19, 2017, 3:33 PM

When he's too busy with his new reality show?

See what I did there?

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

baby steps***

Jan 19, 2017, 10:34 AM [ in reply to I'm still waiting... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fast and Furious scandal kind of poo pooed the first one***

Jan 19, 2017, 10:37 AM [ in reply to I'm still waiting... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kinda hard to take the publics guns when you are just

Jan 19, 2017, 10:40 AM

going to give them right back to the Mexican drug cartels.

I'm sure they weren't going to try to turn that one around

Jan 19, 2017, 10:46 AM

into "We have to do something to keep these guns out of Cartel hands!!! Look, see, we're finding them at crimes scenes!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meanwhile

Jan 19, 2017, 10:43 AM

Obama leaves office with a 60% approval rating, the highest of any Muslim Kenyan born POTUS in history and 3rd highest in American history. He leaves office with 25% of Americans believing he one of the greatest Presidents in history, the highest percentage of any POTUS in modern history.

56-7
#gameon
#spursup
#neveragain

Just saying, sounds rather cootish to me.

Which makes you wonder what people think a "great" president

Jan 19, 2017, 10:50 AM

is. Or, if polls are actually correct.

Because if you look at this poll, he's lost more ground than he gained.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/201683/americans-assess-progress-obama.aspx?g_source=Politics&g_medium=newsfeed&g_campaign=tiles

Healthcare, his signature issue (that we'll spend $2 Trillion on if Obamacare stays intact) stayed dead even.

Way to go, Barry.

Adding to that, Biden has a 61% approval rate.

Jan 19, 2017, 10:56 AM

Aside from being the inspiration for a lot of memes, WTH did he actually do?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/202349/president-obama-leaves-white-house-favorable-rating.aspx?g_source=Politics&g_medium=newsfeed&g_campaign=tiles

The public is easily fooled.

Re: Which makes you wonder what people think a "great" president

Jan 19, 2017, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Which makes you wonder what people think a "great" president ]

Shocked at some of those ratings. The 'Situation in Iraq' looks rough for residents of Iraq, but there's a whole lot less Americans in harms way since 8yrs prior.

Are you better off than you were 8 years ago?

Jan 19, 2017, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Which makes you wonder what people think a "great" president ]

That's the general, populist assessment of a president. There are all different metrics, of course. I think Obama was a great president because of his character, his intelligence, his disposition, and the sense that he left the country in a significantly better state than he found it. I also think it was great how he didn't get us bogged down in any senseless Middle East conflicts or torpedo the economy. That doesn't mean we should immediately carve his face into Mount Rushmore or anything, but I'd take Obama any day over Bill Clinton or W.

I'm not sure that's a good metric.

Jan 19, 2017, 12:22 PM

I didn't lose my job during the financial crisis on 2007-2009, and I have been steadily employed since then. I certainly feared for my job probably just due to the overall business climate, but looking back, I had nothing to fear.

Between then and now, I am in the prime earnings of my career, and my salary is about 14% more now than it was in 2008. Bonuses are larger, but they are discretionary, so I can't/don't count them as they aren't "promised". Looking at it from a 3rd party perspective, that's not really much increase in salary despite the job being more involved and larger than it was 8 years ago. But it could also be (depressingly) that I might already be at the top of what I will earn in my career.

So to answer your question, I'm probably about the same as I was 8 years ago. Maybe a little worse.

Thanks, That pretty much ruined my day.

Will we ever have a "great" president again?

Jan 19, 2017, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Which makes you wonder what people think a "great" president ]

At least, one that we can all agree was great and honor as such? Because we seem so divided that neither side will give an opponent a chance.

I think its directly tied to his performance as a leader and

Jan 19, 2017, 3:56 PM

someone that people can believe.

Fostering a strong economy (and keeping their dink in their pants) don't hurt, either.

And yet Donald J Trump won an election

Jan 19, 2017, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Meanwhile ]

that was labeled as a referendum on Obama's presidency...by Obama himself.

null

With a clever message...

Jan 19, 2017, 3:56 PM

I was in the Wendy's in bishopville a few weeks ago and Fox News was playing. Five old black men who looked like farmers were talking about the news and politics while they ate together and it became fairly clear they were Obama and Trump voters from listening. I could not figure that until a story came on about a Mexican cartel member shooting someone in Texas and the consensus was that was going g to keep happening until Trump got that wall built.

but lost the popular vote.***

Jan 19, 2017, 11:10 PM [ in reply to And yet Donald J Trump won an election ]

He didn't get 60% of the vote...

Jan 19, 2017, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Meanwhile ]

Maybe he swung more people his way than you thought franc.

wut?

Jan 19, 2017, 4:03 PM

Was that to Ben, or Frank?

60% according to CNN, 53% according to Fox.

Jan 19, 2017, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Meanwhile ]

That tells me the actual number is probably 56.5%

Hint:

Jan 20, 2017, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Meanwhile ]

Google illiteracy rate.

Re: On Obama's last day, will he sign an executive order...

Jan 20, 2017, 4:27 PM

That's why I go to the beach on weekends. Trying to tan my white self.

Replies: 88
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic