Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jerod Evans (VT) already waived by Eagles
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Jerod Evans (VT) already waived by Eagles

May 15, 2017, 10:26 AM

http://thespun.com/college-football/jerod-evans-who-left-virginia-tech-early-has-been-waived-by-the-eagles

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Jerod Evans (VT) already waived by Eagles

May 15, 2017, 10:28 AM

He got some really bad advice leaving early. No idea what he was thinking

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he said something about needed the $$. But you only have 1

May 15, 2017, 10:31 AM

chance at this thing. He could have stayed ,they would have been the favorite in the Coastal (or at least some media folks' pick to win the Coastal), and he would've had a chance to really impress.

I know next year's class is loaded w/ QB but still...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

he can now use his 3 years of college to get a job

May 17, 2017, 4:31 AM

to earn money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sad - wonder if maintaining academic requirements factored

May 15, 2017, 10:35 AM

into decision.

Was he a JC transfer?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sad - wonder if maintaining academic requirements factored

Dec 30, 2023, 1:17 PM

He was a junior college transfer. No idea if that was the case but he just doesn't have enough experience at the college level

Doubt academics played in. He originally was at Air Force

May 17, 2017, 1:35 AM

You don't get into the Air Force Academy if you're a dummy. But yes, JE definitely made a mistake. IMO, JE's game was very similar to Tajh Boyd's.

Re: Doubt academics played in. He originally was at Air Force

May 17, 2017, 10:23 PM

Agree however tajh had 2 plus more years of incredible tape. Watched a replay on espn2 or news the other night. Tajh wax a heck of a QB. DW4 was better. Jerod not even close to these two

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2017, 10:39 AM

Was this the guy that promised to get even with the NFL teams that didn't draft him?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are correct. As usual 232

May 15, 2017, 10:46 AM

you should post more man

Best Is The Standard

Re: you are correct. As usual 232

May 15, 2017, 2:00 PM

Thanks jt1. Sometimes when I post I feel like I've been run over by a truck afterwards.

Ahhh... Screw'em.***

May 15, 2017, 10:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2017, 1:47 AM [ in reply to Re: you are correct. As usual 232 ]

Def know the feeling with some tnet ppl. They either call you dumb, a coot, or express coaches know more just bc you have an opinion that doesn't match theirs. Or correct grammar or say something that adds no relevance to the convo at hand. But there are aholes everywhere lol

May 17, 2017, 9:56 PM

Even though sometimes the conversation seems mean spirited, I guess people are just having fun, and mean no harm. One of the things I hate about electronic communication, you can't look someone in the eye and tell where they are coming from. I feel like a lot of the things that are said on message boards wouldn't be said if that were the case. Anyways here's something we can all agree on "THE CLEMSON TIGERS ARE NUMBER ONE"!

May 15, 2017, 11:10 AM

Man I feel bad for this kid. He got some terrible advice, I think he ruined his career by leaving too early. Feel bad bc you only really get one shot at making it. He might get picked up by another team but doubt it. I mean helped clemson out a little but not having to play him again at VT. But feel really bad for him bc I thought he was a good qb and he would have gotten better this year at VT and I think this qb class that will be next years draft aren't as good as this years group so he could have stood out more. Too bad happens all the time Kids get bad advice. I kinda wish NFL did like NFL and if you don't sign with agent you can come back if you don't like the grades you get after combine it help with the growing issue of things like this!

May 15, 2017, 11:12 AM

I could be wrong one person said this next qb class is loaded but I can't think of many great qbs that will be in draft next year. Mayfield I know will be one of the top qbs prob but who else I'm drawing a blank on what qbs coming out will make this next draft qb stacked

May 15, 2017, 11:18 AM

Darnold if he comes out. Will be a top 10 pick

May 15, 2017, 11:23 AM

I thought he was true freshmen last year why I didn't add him I guess I was wrong

May 15, 2017, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Jerod Evans (VT) already waived by Eagles ]

Other ones I can think of are possibly Sam Donald but I think he will be true soph I don't Think he was RS then I guess you got rossen from ucla and browning from Washington but I don't know if how stacked it would be I think Evans would have been a top qb taken this next draft

they think

May 15, 2017, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Jerod Evans (VT) already waived by Eagles ]

Darnold USC
Allen Wyoming
Rosen UCLA
Jackson Louisville
Rudolph OK State

could all be top 15 picks

Re: they think

May 15, 2017, 11:30 AM

I was just about to say the QB from Wyoming will be the #1 overall pick... His tape is crazy

May 15, 2017, 11:31 AM [ in reply to they think ]

Jackson and Rudolph won't be first round picks much less top-15 picks.

May 17, 2017, 10:23 PM

I think Lemur Jackson will be just as successful in NFL as other Heisman winning QBs like Charlie Ward and Eric Crouch.

May 15, 2017, 1:50 PM [ in reply to they think ]

Yea but I don't think lemar is a NFL QB and don't think Rudolph will go that high even tho I think he's really good but other than Texas tech qb this year not many big 12 qbs get drafted very high bc air raid offenses. I can see Rosen goin high and def Sam but I swear I thought he was a true freshmen last year making him true soph this year but I guess I'm wrong on that. And yea I forgot about the Wyoming QB heard he's suppose to be really good.

Yea but I don't think lemar is a NFL QB and don't think Rudolph will go that high even tho I think he's really good but other than Texas tech qb this year not many big 12 qbs get drafted very high bc air raid offenses. I can see Rosen goin high and def Sam but I swear I thought he was a true freshmen last year making him true soph this year but I guess I'm wrong on that. And yea I forgot about the Wyoming QB heard he's suppose to be really good.

May 15, 2017, 1:51 PM

Dude idk why tnet keeps posting my things like 5 times it's getting on my nerves

You can say that again!!!***

May 15, 2017, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Re: they think ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are a ton of guys that haven't started a game in

May 15, 2017, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Jerod Evans (VT) already waived by Eagles ]

college that will be perfect for the NFL next year.

UNC will probably have another one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2017, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Jerod Evans (VT) already waived by Eagles ]

I guess he'll be coal miner!!!

Kind of seemed a little like Tahj Boyd to me

May 15, 2017, 11:23 AM

Good college QB who didn't quite have the tools for the NFL. Unlike Tahj though he does not have a college degree and nothing else to rely on.

Heard he would have been an academic casualty

May 15, 2017, 12:35 PM

from the daughter of a Hokie booster

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heard he would have been an academic casualty

May 9, 2023, 5:02 PM

Don't these guys have to score well on the Wonderlic test? How did he plan to do that if that is the case? That test is pretty hard IMO.

Really? They can't keep their starting QB in class

May 15, 2017, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Heard he would have been an academic casualty ]

or is he just too dumb because he was a JC transfer?

Very poor decision to go pro.

May 17, 2017, 10:02 PM

Technically waived, but in reality he will be moved to injured reserve unless another team picks up him up first. I do think the choice to go pro this year was unwise, but I bet he makes the team somewhere and at least gets a decent chance when he gets healthy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic