Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jeff Scott mentioned for Auburn OC job.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Jeff Scott mentioned for Auburn OC job.

Jan 15, 2017, 12:10 AM

I don't think for a minute that he would leave Clemson to take another OC job.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/01/post_57.html#incart_2box

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jeff Scott mentioned for Auburn OC job.

Jan 15, 2017, 12:20 AM

I think two things: It would be hard for Scott to leave his alma matter, I also think that He knows with another couple of years under Sweeney, he could learn the more of the overall coaching approach by sticking around for a while. Then in time, his move will be more valuable, maybe even as a head coach down the road, but for now, I say Scott stays to learn from Dabo, Venables and Elliot to sharpen his overall play calling and coaching abilities, not that He isn't already an accomplished position coach, just more time will make him better if He has plans down the road IMO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jeff Scott mentioned for Auburn OC job.

Jan 15, 2017, 12:26 AM

Dabo isn't going anywhere nor is Jeff

Point blank period

Sweeney? Really?***

Jan 15, 2017, 12:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott mentioned for Auburn OC job. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Former OC Rhett Lashlee left for UConn

Jan 15, 2017, 12:33 AM

Because Auburn already had a OC, Gus Malzone. JScott to smart for that monkey show.. Malzone will gone in 2 yrs..

What did he do to deserve such an insulting demotion???

Jan 15, 2017, 12:47 AM

It must have been something unspeakable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What did he do to deserve such an insulting demotion???

Jan 15, 2017, 1:02 AM

Aurburn had him last notably, they were " reaching " on this one. If Lashlee, who was Malzon's head coach at one time in AR HS football couldn't get along with him taking a job as far away as this, I don't see Scott leaving for any position like this.

First - LOL! Second, I'm not so sure that Jeff Scott is not

Jan 15, 2017, 1:17 AM

calling plays. Like everybody else, I've been under the impression that Elliot called all of the plays, but, regarding the winning TD against Alabama:

"ESPN’s Samantha Ponder said she overheard Deshaun Watson calling for a running play. But co-offensive coordinator / wide receivers coach Jeff Scott wanted the rollout pass to Hunter Renfrow off a rub. The Tigers went with it."

And “Jeff Scott did a great job,” Swinney said on Sportscenter. “We were very back-and-forth on the play we wanted. Jeff was very committed to that call, and we went with it."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic