Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jeff Scott Interview In The State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Jeff Scott Interview In The State

Mar 6, 2018, 4:53 PM

In an interview in today's paper, Jeff talks about 3 things we need to do better on offense. Tempo, screens and down field passing. Given how we were manhandled by Alabama in the last game, I was surprised no mention was made of blocking by line or backs and nothing about being more physical at all.

To stay where we are we have to get better in the trenches on offense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jeff Scott Interview In The State

Mar 6, 2018, 4:56 PM

ASAP -- PLEASE EMAIL COACHES SO THEY CAN INCORPORATE INTO TODAYS PRACTICE. TIA.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably considers that part of

Mar 6, 2018, 5:00 PM

Downfield passing game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate it but our Oline (right side) & young RB’s were NOT uP to Standards!

Mar 6, 2018, 5:11 PM

..to beat a Bama D that had stewed a full year for revenge due to losing in Last Sec.

So, the O Coaches Should have anticipated this known fact, saw what was happening by 2nd quarter & made MAjOR changes..

IMHO!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate it but our Oline (right side) & young RB’s were NOT uP to Standards!

Mar 6, 2018, 5:18 PM

What kind of major changes could have been implemented? I'm not sure there was much that was going to be done.

- I don't think you can sub for a 2nd string, and expect better results.

- You can't go empty and not have a back in the backfield to help with blocking, b/c they then know that much better what your play call is going to be.

- You can put Adam Choice in and have a better blocker (but then Bama knows he's not in to run it, and it's going to be a pass play).

To Jeff Scott's point, Tempo and Screens are the best option. Then only other option is a delayed draw, but their D lineman are too good at staying in their lanes.

The one part of the game we got some tempo going, we were moving the ball well, but then fumbled and lost momentum.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate it but our Oline (right side) & young RB’s were NOT uP to Standards!

Mar 6, 2018, 7:08 PM

The QB can offensive line with edibles, quick release on a blitz, not rolling into the pressure when there's a pocket. There were many times that Kelly Bryant could have just simply shuffled forward in the pocket and avoided the pressure against Alabama. He gets panicky and rolls out into Edge pressure. Also doesn't read the field very well. That sounds worse than it is, he's a very serviceable quarterback in a good offense. There's just a difference between his ceiling and elite-level quarterbacks like Watson and like I believe Hunter Johnson and Lawrence can be.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both are true...

Mar 6, 2018, 5:12 PM

I think blocking is a bit of given. However, I'm not sure any college team was going to consistently block Bama well that night. I'll give them their credit, they came out p!$$3d off and ready set the world on fire. I hope our O line gets a little stronger and tougher this year. We're gonna need it.

In our situation, that night, Tempo and Screens could have slowed down the pass rush from Bama just enough to get them off balance. Once you get them slightly off balance, then you can start to put together drives and hope to wear them down in the second half. Nothing is going to be more effective against Bama.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We did that, but ...

Mar 6, 2018, 5:30 PM

once we finally established a little momentum, we turned the ball over effectively stepping on our own Johnson with golf shoes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Mar 6, 2018, 6:20 PM

Hmmm, let's see. Tempo, screens and down field passing. I'm not passing judgement but sounds like a QB issue to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2018, 7:16 PM

Mostly QB. Experience helps too!

It'll be really interesting to see who emerges this season. Kelly Bryant after a year of starting, a year two in the system with Hunter Johnson, or the next DW type with Trevor Lawerence.

An honest person would say by the first game of the season, baring injury, you'd expect the tightest 3 way battle Clemson has ever seen for QB starter.

The beauty is that I think we win all games with anyone of the 3 starting.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic