Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
86% - How likely Dabo's WRs are to play in the NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,456

86% - How likely Dabo's WRs are to play in the NFL

Oct 12, 2016, 3:53 PM

Here is the list of all WRs signed since Dabo took over (2009 class and on):
20 Total - Bryce McNeal, Nuk Hopkins, Joe Craig, Adam Humphries, Martavis Bryant, Charone Peake, Sammy Watkins, TJ Green, Demarre Kitt, Kyrin Priester, Mike Williams, Artavis Scott, Trevion Thompson, Shadell Bell, Deon Cain, Ray Ray McCloud, Cornell Powell, Diondre Overton, TJ Chase

Eliminating players dismissed (Joe Craig, Kyrin Priester), and the ones that left after one season (Demarre Kitt, Bryce McNeal), and the ones that are still playing college ball, that leaves 8 players.

If a player signs to play WR for Dabo and stays in the program, there is a 86% chance he'll play in the NFL (7 of 8), 83% if you exclude TJ Green who plays in the NFL, just not WR.

Even if you include all the guys not on the current roster, the percentage is still 55%.

So why would any WR not want to play for Clemson!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 86% - How likely Dabo's WRs are to play in the NFL

Oct 12, 2016, 4:01 PM

Wow that's a heck of a recruiting pitch if I have ever seen one! I am curious to know if that is the highest percentage ever of a 5 year run?

To all of the Top rated WR's out there, you are crazy not to take a look at Clemson, we may not want you for various reasons but if you are one of the lucky few that is a Clemson man.... you will be getting paid handsomely in 3/4 short years!

Oct 12, 2016, 4:28 PM

What about G-Hop? and didn't Seckinger also start out as a WR?

Who are the 7 of 8 if you eliminate McNeal, Craig, Kitt, and Priester? Looks like 6 of 6 to me (Nuk, Humphries, Bryant, Peake, Watkins, and Green @ safety)

Either way, your point is valid and Clemson has been WRU as of late!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2016, 4:34 PM

I included Germone Hopper as the one that didn't pan out of the 8, since he was here more than one season. Seckinger was listed as a WR, but I think he switched to TE his first season, so didn't include.

The seven are:
Nuk, Sammy, Martavis, Humphries, Peake, Watkins, TJ Green (of course it's 6 of 7 if you exclude him)

Jaron Brown

Oct 12, 2016, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Re: 86% - How likely Dabo's WRs are to play in the NFL ]

is the missing link

Re: Jaron Brown

Oct 13, 2016, 10:02 AM

Thank you. G-Hop and Brown weren't mentioned in the OP, which gave me the confuse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,456
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic