Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jake, you were a he!l of a dog.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1,075

Jake, you were a he!l of a dog.....

Mar 14, 2013, 3:56 AM

Apparently my yellow lab passed away last night after having a tumor rupture, causing internal bleeding that killed him in less than an hour. Jake was 13 and we got him when he was 8 weeks old.....just 2 weeks after we got married.

I say "apparently" because I'm stuck here in Chicago until Friday, and at this point I would give anything to give the guy one more pat or scratch behind the ear before he gave that final sigh. Trying to rearrange my schedule and get home early now just because I want to take the load off my wife's shoulders and be there when we tell the kids why their best friend isn't there anymore.

This just sucks so hard----I can't believe I was on a sh!tty business trip when my dog died. Wasn't supposed to be like this, and I'm sorry buddy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel ya.

Mar 14, 2013, 6:11 AM

I'm so sorry, Obed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bud, I am so sorry.***

Mar 14, 2013, 6:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

No words can express the sympathy I have for someone

Mar 14, 2013, 6:38 AM

who loses their dog. Dogs give us so much joy and happiness, and ask for little in return. God bless and safe journey back home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are few things that compare to a good dog.

Mar 14, 2013, 6:43 AM

I'm very sorry for your loss and that you weren't there. I know its very tough.
Hang in there, he knows you would have been with him if you could.

He'll see you again one day!

Really sorry man....that sucks.***

Mar 14, 2013, 6:56 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Truly sorry to hear, and yeah, it does suck to be away

Mar 14, 2013, 7:16 AM

when the kids are having to deal with this kind of loss, not to mention your own grief.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

Man, that sucks a fatty. I'm sorry to hear that.

Mar 14, 2013, 7:28 AM

Dogs are great, but they don't ever live long enough (healthy). Good luck getting back.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RIP Jake

Mar 14, 2013, 8:05 AM

We all become so attached to our pets. Sorry to hear.

"I want to tell you about the most wonderful place in the world: Doggie Heaven. In Doggie Heaven, there are mountains of bones, and you can't turn around without sniffing another dog's butt! And all the best dogs are there, Old Yeller, and about eight Lassies."

After grieving I suggest a yellow lab puppy.

13 yrs is a pretty good run for a lab, but still too short.

Mar 14, 2013, 8:07 AM

sorry for your loss, and the timing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 13 yrs is a pretty good run for a lab, but still too short.

Mar 14, 2013, 10:19 PM

My black lab named Blue lived to reach almost 17. He went off on his own to die. Funny thing is I bought a smaller bag of dog food with the intentions of putting him to sleep(he was having problems). It's like he knew it was time. Never could find him.

Brings tears to my eyes reading this, I'm so sorry man.***

Mar 14, 2013, 8:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Internet beer raise to Jake***

Mar 14, 2013, 8:56 AM

hear hear***

Mar 14, 2013, 3:17 PM

I hate that.

Mar 14, 2013, 8:57 AM

The Bear is 13 and he's really starting to show his age. I can't even begin to imagine him being gone. I'm really sorry for your loss.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stinks***

Mar 14, 2013, 9:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Condolences to you and yours.***

Mar 14, 2013, 9:27 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

took me three times to finally read to the end....so sorry!

Mar 14, 2013, 9:27 AM

that really sucks!

[[tear to eye]]

Sorry to hear that. I know it sucks.

Mar 14, 2013, 9:38 AM

I lost Summer last May. Maybe she's showing him around the place.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry about your loss***

Mar 14, 2013, 1:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: My thoughts go out to you and your family

Mar 14, 2013, 2:32 PM

Not sure how I would react if my lab went down (even if I was there). It is not an overstatement to say even though they are animals they are still parts of our families - and it hurts when they're gone. I'll lift a pint in Jake's honor tonight.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm supposed to do an internship this summer

Mar 14, 2013, 2:38 PM

My dog is 13 years old. I'm considering putting it off for another year just in case something happens. I'm not sure my wife could handle it by herself. Everyone needs a good dog in their life. I will pour out some liquor in honor of Jake tonight.

This is where he is now

Mar 14, 2013, 2:48 PM

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

sorry for ya buddy***

Mar 14, 2013, 3:28 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry Obed that sucks! Another pint in his honor tonight!*****

Mar 14, 2013, 4:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1,075
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic