Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jackson, The Heisman, criticisms and nasty jabs . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 947

Jackson, The Heisman, criticisms and nasty jabs . . .

Dec 11, 2016, 11:45 AM

Remember "The Emperor's New Clothes"? The Emperor wanted some fine new clothes, and was convinced by a couple of sketchy weavers that they could provide a very special suit of clothes that would be invisible to anyone who was stupid or unworthy. They pretended to dress him in these new clothes, and not wanting to appear stupid or incompetent himself, he went along with it, as did all of his subjects who fawned over his "new clothes", even though he was actualluy wearing no clothes at all. It was only when a small chi;d, oblivious to the need to keep up the charade, pointed out the obvious, and very publicly decried "The emporer has no clothes!".

That's where we are with this whole Jackson thing right now. Everybody respects his ability and all that he has overcome. Yet the emperor's new clothes charade is being rammed down our throats on many levels with Jackson. Why are we obligated to play along?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Jackson, The Heisman, criticisms and nasty jabs . . .

Dec 11, 2016, 11:47 AM

Got that right!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed.

Dec 11, 2016, 11:56 AM

Criticism belongs with the media and the voters who were swayed by the hype and gave the award away mid season. Jackson had a great season and you can't fault him for accepting the award he was voted for. In my opinion Watson should have won the award. But of course I'm biased.

The thing that I don't understand are those that say Watson doesn't win because of interceptions and other stats not being as good as Jackson's. If this were the criteria for winning, then technically Baker Mayfield had much better numbers and a better record than both other QBs. It is apparent that The Heisman is now more than ever, a popularity contest that is subject to being manipulated by the media hype machine.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jackson is the "victim", if you will, or at least

Dec 11, 2016, 12:13 PM

the product of a failed education system, corrupt college athletics, and media driven everything.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 3
| visibility 947
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic