Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jackson Carman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 2,838

Jackson Carman

Sep 14, 2017, 6:40 PM

Not sure what to think about all of this...

Carman and other prospects commented about their opinion that Ohio State should give their Freshman QB a try...

Kirk Herbstreit attempted to give advice that it's not a great idea for recruits to be picking sides of players on a team they may join (correct, but strange for Herbie to get involved given that it was Ohio State recruits)...

Some recruits backed off. Carman (and a couple others) didn't... doubled down and suggested that if Ohio Sate is offended by his comments then maybe USC or Clemson wouldn't be. That certainly sounds good for us on the surface, but then I think of Fruhmorgen.

Carman is a great talent and I hope he comes to Clemson, but I don't really want it to be for this reason. If he comes I want it to be because he is ALL IN and loves Clemson. I want him to work hard and give the effort that some of our best lineman have in order to earn his spot. I THINK he's capable of doing that and more, but I hate that the Fruhmorgen thought entered my mind.

GO TIGERS! And good luck to Jackson Carman whatever he decides... especially if its for the right reasons.

Link: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/bd38d1c8-b3c9-32ae-b1d8-41f427151e1f/ss_kirk-herbstreit-gets-in.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jackson Carman

Sep 14, 2017, 6:47 PM

Don't compare Jackson to anyone else, he's his own man. He hasn't committed so he should be able to give his opinion because now he's just a fan and by no means do they own him.

The guys we recruit could do the same, if they leave it alone and don't comment to him it will go away.

Just my personal opinion, I believe he can give any public opinion he wants until he's part of the team. I think he's exactly right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I thought it was a bad look... for Herbstreit.

Sep 14, 2017, 6:54 PM

Carman is a high school kid. He wasn't on an official visit (he paid his own way there) and he isn't even committed to Ohio State. He isn't bound to any official party line.

While I wouldn't have put the starting quarterback of the team that I'm visiting on blast, he's hardly the only person doing so - literally every major media outlet has written some form of "Urban Meyer needs to change quarterbacks, and why he won't do it," this week.

There was nothing to gain by Herbstreit (an alumnus) wading into that pool.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

completely agree

Sep 14, 2017, 7:01 PM

Herby had nothing to gain by his impulse tweet. He's typically not a homer but this one definitely makes him seem like one. Highly doubt he would respond like that if it was any other program.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 2,838
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic