Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: JUCO target commits to Gamecocks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: JUCO target commits to Gamecocks

Jul 27, 2014, 10:24 AM

JUCO target commits to Gamecocks

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, Marquavius likes the looks of Steve's soft, smooth hands***

Jul 27, 2014, 10:26 AM

Dang, with last 2 Greenwood boys coming to TiGs, thought....

Jul 27, 2014, 10:33 AM

that Greenwood to Cola route had been ripped uP a bit..but no, here's another Greenwooder going to play for the dreaded cOOTs which is a shame considering how close they are to both schools and the past history of Green Waves playing for Clemson!

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gwood are the Eagles...Easley is Green Wave***

Jul 27, 2014, 12:00 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JUCO , wasnt getting in Clemson anyway***

Jul 27, 2014, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Dang, with last 2 Greenwood boys coming to TiGs, thought.... ]

Re: Your recruiting has sucked if you are taking an

Jul 27, 2014, 7:17 PM

abundance of junior college players.

You can't get players you

Jul 27, 2014, 10:39 AM

Stop recruiting. Clemson is focused on just a few players to fill the last 3 or 4 spots. Huggins, Bailey, Ray Ray, and Settle.

Probably a very good player ,but he has already said that

Jul 27, 2014, 10:48 AM

he is going to be one and done ....his first year with the coots will be his third year removed from high school, so he is planning to go pro then , ...i think the coots have a donut hole in their d line development for next year , so they plan to plug it for one year with some jucos ...not so with us , although we offered this guy at one time and may still have taken one juco dl, he is still committed to one and done...not quite worth it for us ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Probably a very good player ,but he has already said that

Jul 27, 2014, 11:16 AM

That's simply not true. And He is an elite talent. Their DL just got a huge boost with him.

you tell em coot...***

Jul 27, 2014, 12:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Probably a very good player ,but he has already said that

Jul 28, 2014, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Probably a very good player ,but he has already said that ]

Which part isn't true? 6'4" 270 lb frame. If he starts and has a 11-12 sack season as a DE he very well could be gone. One and done. You never know.

Re: You can't get players you

Jul 27, 2014, 11:10 AM [ in reply to You can't get players you ]

We don't really stop recruiting every player that commits elsewhere ya know??? That's just recruiting. Win some, lose some. It's best to just take it as it is and not look stupid explain away every noncommitment.

Tell 'em coot***

Jul 27, 2014, 12:36 PM

Jul 27, 2014, 11:14 AM [ in reply to You can't get players you ]

Huggins is all Tiger. Settle will bring NCAA infractions along with him,... So Auburn or Ole Miss will probably sign him. ??

You must have some good sources....

Jul 27, 2014, 1:06 PM

....first thing where are you getting that Settle is going to bring NCAA infractions with him and second while Lewis maybe a good player I refrain from saying a guy who has yet to play a single FBS level snap in college is elite.

Re: If a JC player is any good, at all, you are only going

Jul 27, 2014, 7:21 PM

to get one year from him. Most likely, he will not be able to stay in school or opt for the draft. Some are good but your best chance is with DEs.

Burrell is looking for the payday not Settle***

Jul 27, 2014, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: You can't get players you ]

Jul 27, 2014, 1:08 PM [ in reply to You can't get players you ]

laughable, but keep telling yourself that you stopped recruiting him. Venables wanted this kid desperately. Clemson basically changed their juco philosophy just for this guy and DJ Jones.

Lewis is not just good. He is an elite talent. Probably the most talented kid in SC's class now.

But Clemson "stopped recruiting him" LOL!

Oh, and it was DJ Jones, not Lewis, who said he would be 1 and done. Altho Lewis is probably talented enough for that.

Fact is the gamecocks are killing it on the trail this year. But keep thinking otherwise. It makes those ### kickings even sweeter.

Jul 27, 2014, 1:17 PM

Loves Kocks. ?

But in particular alpha male kocks ??

Oh , and this dirtpecker is also a CFB recruiting guru with insider information as well as the ability to accurately predict future events.
Is it me or do these Coots get dumber and dumber each year ? Its not me , right ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re:He is as dumb as Wideman.***

Jul 27, 2014, 7:22 PM

I guess you haven't seen our coaches "killing it on the

Jul 27, 2014, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: You can't get players you ]

trails" huh?

smh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2014, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: You can't get players you ]

Usuc hitting the trail like last years class did 13of21 times. Juco and non qualifiers,,,lol

Jul 27, 2014, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: You can't get players you ]

We welcome fans of other teams, especially those of an upcoming opponent. However, please keep in mind that this is first and foremost a Clemson site. If you are starting a topic that is unrelated to Clemson, please post it in the "Other Teams and Sports" forum. Also be very careful not to post intentionally inflammatory posts that are just meant to cause trouble. This will not be tolerated and you will be banned. Visiting fans will get fewer warning and longer bans. If you are respectful and make intelligent posts, you should be treated well.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Clemson is only recruiting a few guys right now

Jul 28, 2014, 1:22 AM [ in reply to Re: You can't get players you ]

I haven't heard anything about Lewis before this, so I don't think Clemson was doing much to try to get him. I don't know if that means they "stopped recruiting him," but there are other guys Clemson is doing a lot more to get.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2014, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: You can't get players you ]

Gamecocks are "killing it" and Clemson is still top 5 right there with you. You act like you are recruiting 7-star players and Clemson has a bunch of bums from the local Y in their class. Go back to cockytalk.

I have never heard of the guy before this post***

Jul 27, 2014, 10:39 AM

JUCO was hard enough

Jul 27, 2014, 10:53 AM

Time to take a break from all those books and focus solely on football. The OBS will definitely lend him a hand or two whenever he feels stressed out. Welcome to Scar!

~JKB

Re: I have never heard of the guy before this post***

Jul 27, 2014, 12:56 PM [ in reply to I have never heard of the guy before this post*** ]

That's hard to imagine....I'd say this is the third of fourth time for me.

Same... This is my first time hearing about him

Jul 28, 2014, 1:14 AM [ in reply to I have never heard of the guy before this post*** ]

I subscribe to TI, so you'd think I'd have heard more about him before now.

He's probably pretty good so I would rather he not go to SC, but I don't think Clemson ever prioritized this guy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will fit in perfectly there***

Jul 27, 2014, 10:52 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: He will fit in perfectly there***

Jul 27, 2014, 1:01 PM

This guy looked kinda slow and stiff even for a end.All our de committments have better looking film imho

It was a "must have" for SCar. They need some DL to help now

Jul 27, 2014, 12:58 PM

While it would be nice to have for us, it's not quite as a desperate situation. We can go hard after Huggins, Settle, etc.

They are still going to take a hit compared to their recent defenses but this was huge for them. Different situations for the 2 schools as far as needs.

Re: Football Recruiting Update: JUCO target commits to Gamecocks

Jul 27, 2014, 1:06 PM

IMO the staff would've loved to received a verbal from this guy but the cox are in great need of DE's and he'll be first team their immediately. I'm thinking that weighed heavily into his decision. Especially since the one and done is probably accurate.
GO TIGERS!!!

You misspelled JUCOFF...***

Jul 27, 2014, 1:12 PM

Lucky for usc, he's a 2015 recruit

Jul 27, 2014, 1:19 PM

In 2016 it will be harder to get junior college recruits in to Division 1.

2.5: Minimum GPA for junior college transfer

With that rule and the new NCAA rules changes in 2016, the "Dumb Dumb" conference ($1 to Coach Howard) will have difficulty filling their classes with their normal Einsteins.

null

Re: Lucky for usc, he's a 2015 recruit

Jul 27, 2014, 7:12 PM

Durant wasn't the brightest kid thats why he wasn't taken by SCAR in 2013. But Lewis graduated in top 100 in his class at Greenwood so the he had to go to JUCO because he is dumb doesn't work for Lewis. Know him really well. He didn't start playing football till Junior Year and was a Linebacker. No colleges had film on him and so a JUCO school offered him and he took it and showed what he really had. I really wanted to sweep the Greenwood kids this year(Chalmers, Lewis, and Durant) I don't count Cervanka because he went to Emerald. But glad we got a player that has 5 years to play 4. Lewis has 3 years to play 2 and Durant has 4 years to play 3. Bad thing about JUCO. Wish we could grab some though.

Jul 27, 2014, 7:47 PM

Then Lewis is the exception - not the rule. Good for him to stick with it.

null

Jul 28, 2014, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Lucky for usc, he's a 2015 recruit ]

I went to Greenwood High School in the 70's and have never understood
the connection to G'cox. I'd say 75% of the premium Emerald/Eagle players went to Carolina but I still love Greenwood. :(

Jul 28, 2014, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Lucky for usc, he's a 2015 recruit ]

Are you sure Durant has 3 years of eligibility left? I thought if you went the JUCO route you had to play two years there?

One jr college to another?

Jul 27, 2014, 2:02 PM

Wonder why the lateral move?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From Jr College to Clown College.***

Jul 27, 2014, 2:40 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic