Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am disappointed and disgusted at the entire thing...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

I am disappointed and disgusted at the entire thing...

Jun 28, 2013, 3:20 PM

I am disappointed and disgusted that anyone, let alone someone who wears a tiger paw, would do this to The Rock. I am actually just as disappointed and disgusted as the knuckleheads that painted Williams Brice and the Cockabooses. Now before some of you scream the Rock was much worse, maybe it is, but wrong is wrong, this is just a matter of degree.

I am disappointed and disgusted that people want to post all his FB stuff and that of his father. I don't give a rip whether it is or is not private. It is pathetic behavior. We, as fans, supporters, alumni etc, are not judge, jury, executioner. The law will take care of that and if he is found guilty, and I get that it is hard to fathom he won't, he will be punished to the fullest extent. What bothers me is whatever that is won't be enough for some of you.

I am disappointed and disgusted that for several weeks it has been one disparaging comment after another towards the Clemson Police Department. As an alumnus myself, I have had my run ins with them as well. And you what? I was the guy at fault. Whether it was speeding, parking in the wrong place or underage drinking, I was at fault. Pain in the ####? Yep, but it was of my doing not theirs. They were/ are just doing their jobs in most cases.

I am disappointed and disgusted that people are taking this out on the father. Do you have kids? Do you not see that no matter what you teach them they eventually have to make the right choices on their own. Since kids have been on this planet, they have done stupid things contrary to what Mom and Dad have taught. Now, unless the dad is implicated in this himself, I root for him to hold his son responsible if so warranted. I pray for him as I can only imagine what he must be going through as I think about my own kids.

Lastly, I am just disappointed and disgusted at the whole thing. I hate the mob mentality and internet muscles some have chosen to flex on here. Do you have a right to be upset, hurt and angry? Heck yeah, I know I was. That Rock means alot to me as it does you. But to see people lose their general sense of humanity over this thing is quite disturbing.

Am I going to apologize to UGA or SCAR fans? No. There was never a false identification/ accusation on an individual. And if the shoe was on the other foot, the unfounded blame would be put on us no doubt.

I am very much bothered that it was one of our own, even if just a fan. It is profoundly disappointing. But in the 23 years I have been associated with Clemson I have always heard "We are Clemson, we are better than that." Well, truthfully, today we haven't been. Should this guy be found guilty, and I will not post his name or pic to help make him famous, I hope he gets all that is coming to him.

And more so, I hope some on here take a hard look at themselves and get back to making the Clemson family what it used to be. Something with that something extra that only we could understand. And not a lynchmob.

Just my $.02 from a 1994 alumnus.

If you read all of this I am impressed. It is not expected :)

Good luck to all, and let's make the Valley rock like no other day before when Georgia comes to town!

Go Tigers.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The body works better with a proper nerve supply.

Re: I am disappointed and disgusted at the entire thing...

Jun 28, 2013, 3:32 PM

I read your entire post. I agree with you completely.

My heart hurts for his family. They seem like hard working, salt of the earth people.

We are Clemson.

Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couldn't agree more.***

Jun 28, 2013, 3:45 PM

Jun 28, 2013, 3:33 PM

Spot on!

Jun 28, 2013, 3:34 PM

Well put. I believe you summed up the way most alumni view this. He should definitely pay and I'm sure he will, but CLEMSON people should not act like this way. We are better than this

Jun 28, 2013, 3:38 PM

Class of '81 here... and could not agree with you more.
The justice system will take care of its business and kick some sense into his very stupid head.
I feel very sad for his folks.

GO TIGERS!!!

Again with the vague sentiments. Can someone actually

Jun 28, 2013, 3:38 PM

explain why it is bad for Tigernet users to repost something that was voluntarily made public by the person who vandalized the Rock, and then acted like everything was normal until he got caught?

Do people know that Facebook is a place where people decide to broadcast their personal information to anyone and everyone. Please consider this, the person who CHOSE to vandalize something very important to a lot of people ALSO CHOSE to keep his personal information on the internet fully knowing everyone had access to it. And somehow you see re-posting this public info as immoral?

Also can you be specific about how T-Net is "losing its humanity?" What posts concern you in particular?

The posts posting his info, his family's info...

Jun 28, 2013, 3:48 PM

calling out the dad for a start.

Why is it an issue, let's use some hyperbole. You are in Clemson hanging out. You have a beer or two at the Esso. As you are driving back to your buddy's house, you hit Tajh Boyd. He is injured, cannot play this season. Video cameras show you leaving the Esso. Your name and mugshot are put up. How would you feel when the Tigernet Posse got a hold of your address, phone number and who knows what else?

It is very evident that in this case, the system seems to be working. So let it work. It doesn't matter whether the kids facebook page was public or not. It comes down to basic decency. Just because you could, does not mean you should.

Three things....

Jun 28, 2013, 3:52 PM

1. I agree nothing should happen to the family as they likely were not involved.

2. Your hypothetical scenario involves an accident so it is not useful. The dude planned and executed a hit job on the Rock for selfish reasons. He CHOSE his path. He should have anticipated the repercussions. How can we ignore that he deserves a negative response? He deserves it for his chosen actions

3. You did not explain why it is bad to re-post something that was voluntarily made public by the criminal. I am genuinely curious to hear peoples' rational on that issue, as many seem to be jumping to the conclusion that re-posting public info is wrong. I think such a claim demands an explanation.

Re: Three things....

Jun 28, 2013, 4:06 PM

First, it is simply a lack of class IMO. You may disagree, so on that we can agree to disagree. I still think the accident scenario holds water. You hypothetically chose to get in the car after a few beers, I feel it stands. All actions have consequences whether intended or not. On that we too will have to agree to disagree.

As of now, we do not have a confession so he has NOT been convicted as of yet. Does the evidence look strong that he did it? It sure does. And he will suffer to the full extent of the law.

Should he have been smarter than to have a public page? And to have all his info on it? I believe the Rock incident in and of itself shows that he does not exactly think things through.

I guess it all boils down to how you view what humanity means. Does it mean being vengeful and spiteful while hiding behind a computer keyboard or does it mean being compassionate and forgiving while at the same time holding people accountable and responsible for their actions. I choose the latter.

I respect that you are not a vengeful person, but most of

Jun 28, 2013, 4:13 PM

your post appears to be empty platitudes that simply "sound good." You have yet to offer any substance to the claim you made that re-posting info is actual immoral. You can't just declare something to be a "lack of class" and then refuse to even attempt to explain yourself. Assuming something doesn't make it true.

And the reason the scenario doesn't stand is because the reason most of us believes the kid deserves repercussions is ENTIRELY BECAUSE he did this on purpose. It's because he premeditated. So you see, if choice is the heart of our anger, then a scenario lacking choice... doesn't apply.

"Not thinking things through" is a misleading re-interpretation of what that kid actually did. He willfully planned and executed an act of vandalism on an object that he knew was very important to tens of thousands of people. You are certainly free to be fine with that... but I am free to wish negative repercussions, and I certainly don't sacrifice my humanity for doing so.

You realize he broke our rock, right?***

Jun 29, 2013, 1:02 PM [ in reply to The posts posting his info, his family's info... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: You realize he broke our rock, right?***

Jun 29, 2013, 3:13 PM

By breaking our Howard's Rock, he broke the hearts of a whole Clemson Nation. Every time I see a picture of Howard's Rock in it's now state, honestly, it truly sickens the H&LL out me. And it honestly breaks my heart that someone would do this and feel absolutely nothing for the people who loves and cherishes it. So anything publicly posted about him absolutely bothers me none at all. He brought every bit of the shame his family feels now on them also. Micah Rodgers did this to us and his family. And surely not anyone that posted his face book page. Saying that a Clemson fan was wrong by posting what ever about Rogers is surely faulting the wrong ### person. Blame the criminal for everything he gets, on him. He is the one that chose not to give a ### about an entire Clemson Nation. I'm sure that Rogers and the other thugs with him that night laughed all the way home about how pissssed we were going to be when we saw what they had done. I also bet their not LOL so much right now. Yes I feel sorry for his family, and he has caused us to feel those emotions for his family also. So to H&LL with what ever Micah thinks about what Tiger Nation says or post about the dirty dog he is. And we can bet all our AS$ES he knew exactly what he was doing when he done it. Him and his friend just didn't give a ###, until now. And that is one broken Howard's Rock to late. And an entire pissssed off Clemson Nation to late....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Again with the vague sentiments. Can someone actually

Jun 28, 2013, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Again with the vague sentiments. Can someone actually ]

Just because one can... does not mean someone should.

Let's turn the tables a bit... what possible "good" can come from posting those things.

As for which posts are particularly disturbing? Many to choose from... particularly about the family business... comments about the girlfriend... take your pick.

But really, as a Clemson person... do you really have to ask?
Class of 81 here... and I do mean Class.

The first sentence is totally worthless. You did not explain

Jun 28, 2013, 3:56 PM

why its wrong. In order to say something is wrong, there should be a reason.

And the girlfriend posts were jokes. Nobody did anything that reflected a loss of humanity.

And the one about the family business was simply calling for T-netters to take their business elsewhere. While I don't agree with that, do you think something so minor reflects a "loss of humanity?"

I graduated from Clemson too, which is why the Rock is so special to me. That some outsider thought he deserved to steal it from all of us compels me to believe he deserves public shame and humiliation. How soft have we become to ignore that sometimes people DESERVE negative repercussions?

Re: The first sentence is totally worthless. You did not explain

Jun 28, 2013, 4:06 PM

First sentence worthless? Did not explain? Well... I guess that ends the discussion because its seems you are too dense to see the truth of it. But bear with me.
Just because you can jump a fence and break Howards rock... you shouldn't. Does that make it clear to you? Just because one can publish personal contact information about someone you are angry with... likely you shouldn't because innocents will be affected.
A lot of things said by many people when they were called on the carpet for them were attempted to be passed off as jokes. Tasteless is just that... tasteless.
I don't know where you got "loss of humanity" from my post.. read it again and tell me where.
Yup... he will get what he deserved... however, YOU even said you don't agree with calls to take business elsewhere... and that is the point... some things are taken too far.

Jun 28, 2013, 4:21 PM

The phrase "Just because someone can doesn't mean that someone should" does absolutely zero to explain why reposting something on another website is wrong.

Just because I can eat cake doesn't mean I should eat cake. Does that prove that eating Cake is immoral? No. That's why I said the first sentence is worthless. It does not explain anything.

The kid is the one that published the info. He chose to make it available to anyone who wanted to see it. Would it have been immoral to post a link? Would it have been immoral for someone to mention he had a Facebook account? Is it immoral to look at his Facebook account? Where is the moral line that you have drawn?

Oh and the original post used the phrase loss of humanity, and you seemed to be subscribing to the original post.

Jun 28, 2013, 4:29 PM

There is none so blind... as he who will not see.

I guess you miss the part about "hurting innocents". Plenty of clear and concise explanation.

And about your own admission that you didn't agree with the business posts. Forgot about that huh. More clear and concise explanation.

And so... I didn't mention a thing about "loss of humanity".
At least you could see that.

Moral... immoral...? I don't remember your answer about what possible good could come from it either.

It doesn't hurt innocents to repost something. You made a

Jun 28, 2013, 4:33 PM

logical leap.

Reposting Facebook crap is morally neutral. Neither good nor bad. If someone uses the info to do something immoral then that is immoral.

It's like posting how to make explosives is not immoral. Though using explosives to do immoral things...is.

And I never claimed it was moral.

Re: It doesn't hurt innocents to repost something. You made a

Jun 28, 2013, 4:42 PM

Publishing how to make explosives might just help a farmer get rid of some stumps... and the intent in publishing that information is not likely that someone would use it to do harm with the explosives.

However, I can't rationally see the intent of publishing this information is anything else than to give opportunity to be an aggravation.

I just don't buy that it was done from a neutral stance.

Kudos tho... good thought behind your last post.

I think sending him a message saying...

Jun 28, 2013, 4:48 PM

"What you did was stupid. Grow up and be a better person from now on. Apologize to your family."

So if I re-post his info because I want people to say similar things, I have not done anything immoral. See what I did there?

Re: I think sending him a message saying...

Jun 28, 2013, 5:11 PM

yeah... I see that.

More power to you for delivering that kind of message as it is one similar to what my sentiments are.
n for everyone.

And again... the intent of the post was more along the lines of giving folks a chance to be an aggravation. Hopefully, they would not. And frankly, from reading your other posts, I can't buy that your message would be as written.

Anyhow... going out for a cold beer and a good meal. Have a good evening.

Jun 28, 2013, 4:14 PM [ in reply to The first sentence is totally worthless. You did not explain ]

great post! agree!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice write up.***

Jun 28, 2013, 3:44 PM

Bingo. Well said.

Wow!! What a bulls-eye post. Well said.***

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent Post.

Jun 28, 2013, 3:46 PM

I just TU'ed everyone in the entire thread.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Ok, I agree with everything you wrote except this: He is

Jun 28, 2013, 4:12 PM

NOT one of "our own".

I simply refuse to believe that anyone who truly identified with Clemson, would try to destroy one of the pillars of our football tradition.

Until all the facts are out and the 2 accomplices are caught, we simply cannot come to this conclusion so quickly.

There are plenty of so-called "coot" fans who wear their gear, who have never set foot on USuCk's campus. Step into any WalMart, and you'll see what I mean. Are they USuCk's "own"? I doubt it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

hear, hear! This 1995 grad is like-minded. Must be the age.***

Jun 28, 2013, 4:37 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2013, 2:10 AM

Haven't you ever heard of a lenching. We had a modern day lenching today. And right or wrong, it was fun!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JP

Jun 29, 2013, 12:39 PM

you did all this without your usually, biting sarcasm...I couldn't agree more. Well done

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic