Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
JJ Grey and Mofro......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 408

JJ Grey and Mofro......

Jun 20, 2018, 3:11 PM

Never seen JJ Grey and Mofro live. Playing on Fri up in Asheville at the auditorium but also at a brewery in Charlotte called NoDa on Sunday. Any insight on his shows but also if the brewery is a good place to see a concert.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Brewery is a GREAT place to

Jun 20, 2018, 3:13 PM

Drink Hop, Drop, & Roll as well as Coco Loco which are my two favorite NODA beers. Never seen a show there, no idea. I go hot and cold with Mofro. They have alot of potential, just don't quite get my ###### hard.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hop Drop is solid

Jun 20, 2018, 3:32 PM

also, one of the horn players plays with one of the bands i work with

i support this all around.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw them at the Handlebar in Greenvilke

Jun 20, 2018, 3:25 PM

Not to be a buzz kill, but holy #%*+ what a boring, lousy show that was.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've seen them a few times at the Windjammer.

Jun 20, 2018, 3:28 PM

Good shows each time. I can't imagine they have that much variance in shows, so it sounds like you just don't like them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They’re pretty unique for me in that I like their

Jun 20, 2018, 3:52 PM

Studio stuff a lot better than them live.

Live I felt like I was watching an Old dude trying to make the top ten on American Idol. He completely phoned in the show.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never seen them live to make that call, but I do like their

Jun 21, 2018, 9:55 AM

studio stuff. It SEEMS like they would put on a good show.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You going to that Tedeschi Trucks/DBT/Marcus King Band show?***

Jun 20, 2018, 3:52 PM [ in reply to I've seen them a few times at the Windjammer. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not planning on it at this point.***

Jun 20, 2018, 4:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dave Batthews Tand playing with them?!?!?

Jun 20, 2018, 5:22 PM [ in reply to You going to that Tedeschi Trucks/DBT/Marcus King Band show?*** ]

nice

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Drive By Truckers***

Jun 20, 2018, 5:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You going to that Tedeschi Trucks/DBT/Marcus King Band show?***

Jun 21, 2018, 7:13 AM [ in reply to You going to that Tedeschi Trucks/DBT/Marcus King Band show?*** ]

I am. On 7/15 in Charlotte.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

They’re a really good live band

Jun 20, 2018, 3:30 PM

Also playing on Thursday the 28th in Charleston.

Go, seen them three times. Once in the Orange Peel in

Jun 20, 2018, 3:31 PM

Asheville, and twice at the best venue ever for Mofro, The World Famous Buckingham Blues Bar in Buckingham, Fl. about 15 miles east of Ft. Myers. This was an outside show both times and the outside is swampy with big oaks, and spanish moss. Since Mofro plays swamp music, you get the picture.

http://www.buckinghambar.com/

JJ is a mix between James Brown and Joe Cocker.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never seen a band at NoDa Brewing before.

Jun 21, 2018, 9:53 AM

The acoustics in breweries can be hit and miss. I've seen numerous outdoor shows at breweries and those are typically very good, but I've been inside a few to see bands that the space dedicated to live music was a stage in the corner of the warehouse and the sound was horrible. I've been to NoDa several times but for the life of me I can't see in my mind's eye where they put a band. I can, however, vouch for the quality of NoDa's beers...they're quite good.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 408
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic