Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It never ceases to amaze me...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 432

It never ceases to amaze me...

Nov 7, 2018, 9:45 PM

How two people can watch the same video, and listen to the same audio, and literally come to opposite conclusions about what factually happened. For some reason, it always seems to line up with the person's previously held opinions. Happens all the time in football replays too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, did Acosta push the lady's arm?

Nov 7, 2018, 9:50 PM

Or, did she pull on the mic?

Here's a controversial take: you can't tell. I can't tell, and neither can you.

Acosta should stick to asking questions, and not giving the President his opinion.

The President should graciously answer Acosta's questions.

The whole episode was childish by both men. Just the right maturity level to excite both "sides," unfortunately.

Wait, I thought you only read transcrpts

Nov 7, 2018, 9:57 PM

Lutz

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

????? Uh, no.***

Nov 8, 2018, 6:20 AM

Both have world-class egos***

Nov 7, 2018, 10:00 PM [ in reply to So, did Acosta push the lady's arm? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I suggest you see the film and decide for yourself.

Nov 7, 2018, 11:32 PM [ in reply to So, did Acosta push the lady's arm? ]

That way you won't be swayed by rhetoric.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the point...I did watch it...

Nov 8, 2018, 6:23 AM

And I was unable to decide. The only way you could know is if someone had instruments on each person's arm to measure how much force the arm was exerting. You can't tell just by watching video. If you want it to look like Acosta is pushing, that is what you'll see. If you want it to look like the intern is pulling, that's what you'll see.

It's just an amazing study in the "team sport" political mentality, and it's so interesting how closely it lines up with what happens with sports fans. On Twitter, half of the people are saying the video absolutely proves that Acosta physically assaulted the young lady. And the other half say that the video absolutely proves that he didn't. That's one magic video!

I've watched it.

Nov 8, 2018, 8:23 AM [ in reply to I suggest you see the film and decide for yourself. ]

She initiated the physical contact and he tried to pull away. Under the law, she's technically guilty of assault.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Not really

Nov 8, 2018, 9:35 AM

She’d technically be guilty of battery..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I stayed at a Holiday Inn 30 years ago so...

Nov 8, 2018, 3:10 PM

I feel qualified to provide a legal opinion on this. Nobody is guilty of anything. Acosta was a rude askhole who was licensed to ask questions not make statements. This wasn't a debate it was a press conference and the mic wasn't his, it was loaned to him. If he's guilty of any legal charge it's theft after trust.

Imo, before he is permitted to return he should apologize to the young lady and I'm not talking about some halfast tweet. He should send her flowers or candy with a sincere, heartfelt apology for touching her without permission. He is not a gentleman. The girl's father should demand opportunity to defend his honor. I'm thinking pistols at dawn.

A pub would spend life in prison on an attempted rape charge if he did that to one of Obama's aids.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn't push her arm.

Nov 8, 2018, 8:21 AM [ in reply to So, did Acosta push the lady's arm? ]

She repeatedly tried to ###### the mic from him like a child. If anything, she was the one out of line.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

apparently the white house tweeted out a doctored clip

Nov 8, 2018, 12:56 AM

created by an infowars account to try and defend their action to ban Acosta.

Things are so bizarre right now and probably only going to get worse...

I'm not totally against banning Acosta...

Nov 8, 2018, 6:28 AM

I don't like it a lot, but I think he needs to do a better job of just asking questions. He led off with something like, "As you know, Mr. President, this migrant caravan is not an invasion.." That's not a question! That's you telling the President your opinion!

If the intern said he assaulted her, I do believe you almost have to take her word for it and take some action. He can't prove that he didn't.

Mr. Acosta should watch the lady who asked the question about white nationalism. The President's response to that question was that it was a racist question. What an unbelievably rude response! But she just took it in stride and followed up with a different question, and let his response speak for itself. Great job by that lady.

Take her word for it?

Nov 8, 2018, 8:24 AM

Are we living in alternate reality? She came after him and initiated the physical contact. He tried to pull away from her and she continued. Bruh, that's assault on her end.

Just as you are certain, by video evidence...

Nov 8, 2018, 8:26 AM

Other people are certain, also by video evidence, of the opposite.

The truth is, you can't really tell.

Re: Just as you are certain, by video evidence...

Nov 8, 2018, 9:30 AM

Yes, you can. The camera had a direct shot of what happened.

This thread is such a great example of where America is today. Something happened in clear view. There are two camps saying what happened and people are acting like both have merit. No, one is right and one is wrong.

Too many people are incapable of seeing reality. There are not two equal sides to every argument.

I'm not saying both are right...

Nov 8, 2018, 10:09 AM

Just that you can't tell who is right. The only people who know are Acosta and the intern.

This isn't a he said/she said incident, there's a video

Nov 8, 2018, 2:51 PM

Whichever side is claiming assault, based on the video, is wrong. That's pretty clear and obvious.

Re: apparently the white house tweeted out a doctored clip

Nov 8, 2018, 7:19 AM [ in reply to apparently the white house tweeted out a doctored clip ]

acosta is a pos. the end. good move

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: apparently the white house tweeted out a doctored clip

Nov 8, 2018, 7:38 AM

Acosta does a great job. A lot better man than our POTUS is. I remember when W was POTUs. He got grilled tougher than Trump ever has. He was a man and could handle it, unlike Trump. Trump is pretty much just Nixon all over.

Hey, hey HEY!

Nov 8, 2018, 7:44 AM

I remember Dìck Nixon, let me tell you something, Donald Trump is no #### Nixon.

Re: Hey, hey HEY!

Nov 8, 2018, 7:52 AM

Listen to Nixon's private tapes that were released. They have some serious similarities.

Replies: 21
| visibility 432
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic