Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've seen some cool things, but that takes the cake
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 588

I've seen some cool things, but that takes the cake

Aug 21, 2017, 3:33 PM

And I've seen some cool things. Wife, sis-in-law, both tiglets and niece and nephew all took it in. The first odd thing I noticed was that everywhere outside looked like I had on polarized sun glasses. Just got dimmer, but was crystal clear. Not a single cloud in the sky. Crystal clear, not even haze.
Perfect conditions.

Just as it got dark I saw the "snakes" on our white-concrete driveway. I heard you could put a white bed sheet out, but we have very light concrete so I hoped it would catch the "snakes". They only lasted perhaps 5-10 seconds just before and after totality. To me it looked more like heat waves than snakes. But it was cool. They showed up on video too, but not as well as I hoped.

The street lights came on. Our landscape lights came on. Crickets started up like night time. Birds started flying everywhere to roost.

When it was in totality I looked up and saw the most amazing/scary/awe-inspiring thing I've ever seen. Camera didn't catch it, but it was a black hole in the sky with white and bluish flames around the edges. I've never seen a picture of an eclipse that looked like that.

Surreal is the only way to describe it.

Now...back to work.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dunno man

Aug 21, 2017, 3:36 PM

I've seen some naked sloots and that was pretty dope. Especially while they were doing very dirty things.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've seem perhaps 100,000 naked women (or more)

Aug 21, 2017, 3:42 PM

Probably a few hundred in person. I've seen one total solar eclipse.

Knowing what I know now, I'm not sure I'd take the best looking of the lot at my disposal, over seeing another perfect eclipse. Axe me that same question 25 years ago and you might get a different answer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, it looked different than any photo or video

Aug 21, 2017, 3:41 PM

I've ever seen.

Much more vibrant and "alive" than you could ever see on film. Not many things in life are truly awe-inspiring, but that was one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some neighbor shot off fireworks at darkest point here.***

Aug 21, 2017, 3:44 PM

D!ck

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I took some cool pics, that I'll wonder over for years.

Aug 21, 2017, 3:47 PM
house.jpg(45.8 K)
shadows.jpg(78.6 K)

my favorites attached.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The first one just looks like you're putting the car in park***

Aug 21, 2017, 3:51 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I probably fired my camera lens taking pics earlier.***

Aug 21, 2017, 4:03 PM [ in reply to I took some cool pics, that I'll wonder over for years. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I took some cool pics, that I'll wonder over for years.

Aug 21, 2017, 5:32 PM [ in reply to I took some cool pics, that I'll wonder over for years. ]

I'm not sure what the first one is, but the second one is cool. Those crescent shadows tripped me out.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think the first one is where the eclipse

Aug 21, 2017, 5:34 PM

turned her house on its side

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's some crazy #### right there***

Aug 21, 2017, 5:43 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 588
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic