Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've seen a lot of post about taking 3 D Tackles?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

I've seen a lot of post about taking 3 D Tackles?

Jan 29, 2017, 4:05 PM

For 2018??? Is that true?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've seen a lot of post about taking 3 D Tackles?

Jan 29, 2017, 4:12 PM

It is possible. Belk is already on board and Wynn (although some list as a DE will likely be a DT) is a heavy Clemson lean. After those two, I expect we will only take a "over sign" worthy candidate at DT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2017, 4:24 PM

Vincent would definitely be oversign worthy. If we take 3 DT can we take both Thomas and Henry?

Jan 29, 2017, 4:26 PM

we would prolly most likely prefer to get 2 DE´s and 2 DT´s. but if only 1 DE looks reasonable, then 3 DT´s this cycle are def. worth taking.

Jan 29, 2017, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I've seen a lot of post about taking 3 D Tackles? ]

I think if all 5 of those guys wanted to commit we'd take those commitments. Those 5 are all in the top 15 DL in the country according to 24/7 composite. It is absurd to think we have a realistic shot at those guys (not to mention Mascoll, 5-start #3 DL in the country, from GA) and Chimedza (4-star #30 on the list, another IMG guy who was in Clemson this weekend). Honestly, I'm not sure we'd turn any of them away unless we had 5 already committed.

Jan 29, 2017, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: I've seen a lot of post about taking 3 D Tackles? ]

wynn having that versatility (hopefully kinda christian wilkins like) to play de or dt would certainly make him over-sign worthy in that case too, not to mention u know dabo likes his legacy´s.

Jan 29, 2017, 4:36 PM

Wynn being labeled a DT/DE is definitely a plus. If we were able to take 20+ players this would be a non issue. You can never have too many elite lineman, offensive or defensive. But with our limit being 15 -17(?) I can see it being a bit of a headache trying to get the numbers to work.

I hope so..........

Jan 29, 2017, 4:32 PM

Look how dominant we've been of late! I'd love to see that utter dominance continue.

Jan 29, 2017, 4:35 PM

Yes

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I'd take every one of the d tackles we've offered

Jan 29, 2017, 4:46 PM

even if numbers are low. the guys that were here this weekend were the best in the southeast. elite d tackles are as difficult to find as qbs. if we took 4, that's 4 that fsu or somebody else doesn't get. show me a team heavy on quality depth at qb, dt, ot, and cover corners an I'll show you a title contender

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic