Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've seen a lot of people say we're locked into the 8/9 game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,478

I've seen a lot of people say we're locked into the 8/9 game

Mar 1, 2013, 11:09 AM

What do we need to do in order to stay there and not fall further?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Win basketball games.***

Mar 1, 2013, 11:16 AM

Seriously, though. Clemson could finish as high as 6th

Mar 1, 2013, 11:18 AM

And as low as last.

If they beat VT and BC, they'll be guaranteed no worse than 8th.

lets not get ahead of ourselves first--make a freakin basket***

Mar 1, 2013, 12:19 PM

Here's the rundown......

Mar 1, 2013, 12:29 PM

Not sure how all the tiebreakers work out exactly, so a little guessing here.

1. Miami (14-1)....After the Duke loss last night, they basically are locked in here. Remaining games: at Duke, GT, Clemson.

2. Duke (11-4)...They have the two for now, but UVA and UNC are nipping at their heels. Remaining games: Miami, Va. Tech, at UNC.

3. UVA (10-5)...Putting them ahead of UNC since they split but UVA owns a victory over Duke. Remaining games: at BC, at FSU, Maryland

4. UNC (10-5)....Remaining games: FSU, at Maryland, Duke

5. N.C. State (9-6)...an outside shot at catching those ahead of them, but they will likely end up a 5. Remaining games: at Ga. Tech, Wake, at FSU

6. Maryland (6-9)...they have a tough closing schedule that could open the door for those below them. Remaining games: at Wake, UNC, at UVA

7. FSU (6-9)....they have an even tougher closing schedule than Maryland, although two are at home. Remaining games: at UNC, UVA, N.C. State

8. Clemson (5-10)...we hold tiebreaker over GT and Wake, who are tied with us. We would lose tiebreakers to Maryland or FSU, which is why we are most likely locked in to the 8-9 spot. However, if we win the next two to get to 7 wins, we have an outside chance at the 7. If we lose out, we could certainly drop below those behind us.
Remaining games: at Va. Tech, BC, at Miami.

9. Ga. Tech (5-10)...They swept Wake and so they are ahead of them. Remaining games: N.C. State, at Miami, at BC

10. Wake (5-10)...Remaining games: Maryland, at N.C. State, Va. Tech

11. BC (4-11)...Remaining games: UVA, at Clemson, Ga. Tech

12. Va. Tech (3-12)...Remaining games: Clemson, at Duke, at Wake

- The way I see it is that I think we will definitely beat BC at home on senior night and that we will definitely lose at Miami. The swing game is VT, which is a short turnaround and all signs point to our road woes continuing, especially if KJ is unavailable. However, VT has been atrocious most of the time and they will at least leave the door open for us to have a chance. I think the 8/9 game is the most likely, mainly because we win the tiebreakers with most everyone below us and lose the tiebreakers with those currently above us. However, if we win Saturday and Maryland loses at Wake...keep an eye on the 7 spot, as Maryland has UNC and UVA after Wake and could be in trouble. If we lose Saturday, then we'll likely default into the 8/9 game as others will likely lose too, assuming we beat BC and lose to Miami. If we lose out, then we could fall pretty far, as that would give wins to BC and VT.

What I would like to see is for us to win the next 2 and then, assuming we lose to Miami, we would be .500 overall. Then we need to win the first round tournament game. Then we will at least finish .500 overall. Considering how this season has gone, I would take it. Then if the CBI is offered, we should take it this year and keep playing.

york, I don't mean this in a bad way, but seriously, most of

Mar 1, 2013, 12:30 PM

us will never forget you saying you would quit Tigernet if Clemson was not in the Big12 by the end of of 2012. I don't care a whole bunch, but I'm curious if you've ever addressed this issue? If not, are you okay with not being a man of your word?

york is a closet swofford fan***

Mar 1, 2013, 12:32 PM

you should become informed before you speak***

Mar 1, 2013, 1:36 PM [ in reply to york, I don't mean this in a bad way, but seriously, most of ]

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

You should become a man of your word, or if you actually

Mar 2, 2013, 2:06 PM

have something that I may have missed, then feel free to show it. Until then, you're full of crap and you know it.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,478
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic