Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've never done this before. Driving from Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 3,702

I've never done this before. Driving from Clemson

Oct 8, 2012, 7:09 PM

to our motel in Greenville Saturday night, I searched for the SCU game on the radio. I found it. OMG! Todd Ellis and Tommy Suggs S-U-C-K! All they are is a couple of blowers. I've never, ever, heard such homerism out of a supposed professional broadcast team. Here's a gem from Ellis: "I don't think Georgia has ever seen a quarterback and running back with this much talent in the same backfield." Are you freaking kidding me????? That is beyond laughable.

Here's another gem from Ellis: "That was a play that only the genius of Spurrier could have drawn up." Stop it! You're killing me. My sides hurt. Stop!

One more from Ellis after Shaw took a sack: "A rare mistake by Connor Shaw." Earlier he had called him "the perfect quarterback," or some similar nonsense. When it got to 21-0, I couldn't stand it any more and had to turn it off.

For his part, all Suggs could do is make comments in support of Ellis's ejaculations. These guys wouldn't know professionalism if it bit them in the butts. Horrible. Laughable. Can't wait for these pretenders to come back to earth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Maybe but they are the voices of the Gamecocks.***

Oct 8, 2012, 7:13 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They suck! but Pete Yannity sucks more

Oct 8, 2012, 7:16 PM

even Div II schools have better sounding announcers than Yannity

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They suck! but Pete Yannity sucks more

Oct 8, 2012, 7:23 PM

I can't agree with that. Yannity is worlds better than Ellis any way you look at it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO WAY!***

Oct 8, 2012, 7:25 PM

Sorry D78...I meant that for CJ4H.***

Oct 8, 2012, 7:27 PM

Re: Sorry D78...I meant that for CJ4H.***

Oct 8, 2012, 7:30 PM

+1

As someone who has done announcing before,

Oct 9, 2012, 2:05 PM [ in reply to They suck! but Pete Yannity sucks more ]

I agree wholeheartedly with you. I don't believe Ellis is good, but he is better than Yanity. And as far as the homerism goes, I'm fine with that. You can be professional and still a homer. If I'm listening to a Clemson broadcast, I want it to be in Clemson's favor.

If you want to listen to a good play-by-play guy, try Gene Deckerhoff of Florida State. Or Woody Durham of North Carolina.

Re: I've never done this before. Driving from Clemson

Oct 8, 2012, 7:20 PM

It's a big circle jerk between these two clowns!

Oct 8, 2012, 7:24 PM

Yeah, ole Todd's got the severe man crush on ole ball sac.

Oct 8, 2012, 7:29 PM

Yep he even lets the old ball sack sit his beer can on top of his head when he's....well you know what I mean !!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2012, 7:28 PM

If you can wait 4 more days you will get through it. I usually listen to 560 the team here in cootlumbia. I couldn't force myself to turn it on today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Todd Ellis

Oct 8, 2012, 7:32 PM

sounds like a WWE wrestler. All Tommy needs to do is change his name to "Mean Gene." I can hear the sweat through the radio...

Yannity/Dirt ###### Yappers

Oct 8, 2012, 7:33 PM

First, I strongly disagree about Yannity. While I'm not a fan of his phrase "And there's orange in the end zone!", I think he's a good announcer.

Suggs is OK but not top shelf. And yes, he is a bit of a homer.

As for that ### clown Ellis: he is absolutely the right man for that job. He is an unrealistic, blindly loyal homer, and an idiot. The only reason I can tolerate hearing him is that it reminds me of the game he played us in DV where the crowd taunted him mercilessly and our Danny Ford Defense pounded on him. Good times... Good times...

Oct 8, 2012, 7:35 PM

Ellis does suck! I can't stand listening to him b/c he makes a mistake every couple of sentences. Examples from Saturday (I was listening on my way home from The Valley)

After Uga picked up their first 1st down of the game he says "That's another bulldog 1st down". How can it be another 1st down if it's the only one they have picked up?

Six minutes left in the 1st qtr he says gcocks time of possession was 12:36. What??? Doesn't quite add up.

Shaw gets lit up going out of bounds and it sounds like Ellis is gonna fall out of the booth he is screaming at the refs for not throwing the flag. Says there is no way that can't be a personal foul. Then he watches the replay and says "well I spoke too soon - that was a clean hit". Maybe he should just shut up and complain AFTER he sees the replay.

I could go on but I am getting tired of typing.......

Oct 8, 2012, 7:43 PM

Agree with all. I heard the personal foul ###########, too. Pathetic. He said something like, "I usually don't do this, but the refs were wrong." I thought, yeah, right, I bet you don't. Jeez he sucks.

Yep

Oct 8, 2012, 7:36 PM

Ellis is butt kissing terrible, Suggs isn't even sober, Yanity is d###chy at best. Sad when Merritt is the best radio announcer in D1 college footba

ll. sorry. Smart phone problems yo.***

Oct 8, 2012, 7:37 PM

They're awful...but you know that is the collective mindset

Oct 8, 2012, 9:56 PM

of the dirt ###### tribe. Their illusions of grandeur and arrogant cockified attitude is laughable. Wish it would hurry up and come crashing down around them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The truth!

Oct 8, 2012, 10:09 PM

You will never hear better than Jim Phillips and Larry Munson!

Oct 8, 2012, 10:17 PM

> to our motel in Greenville Saturday night, I searched
> for the SCU game on the radio. I found it. OMG!
> Todd Ellis and Tommy Suggs S-U-C-K! All they are is
> s a couple of blowers. I've never, ever, heard such
> homerism out of a supposed professional broadcast
> team. Here's a gem from Ellis: "I don't think
> Georgia has ever seen a quarterback and
> running back with this much talent in the same
> backfield." Are you freaking kidding me????? That
> is beyond laughable.
>
> Here's another gem from Ellis: "That was a play that
> only the genius of Spurrier could have drawn up."
> Stop it! You're killing me. My sides hurt. Stop!
>
> One more from Ellis after Shaw took a sack: "A
> rare mistake by Connor Shaw." Earlier he had
> called him "the perfect quarterback," or some similar
> nonsense. When it got to 21-0, I couldn't stand it
> any more and had to turn it off.
>
> For his part, all Suggs could do is make comments in
> support of Ellis's ejaculations. These guys wouldn't
> know professionalism if it bit them in the butts.
> Horrible. Laughable. Can't wait for these
> e pretenders to come back to earth.

The USC 'Mob' wanted a homer and that's what they got. He can't announce worth a *&*^, but he's all homer, and so, the masses are happy. One thing the Administration at USC has learned since SOS arrived on campus, NO ONE interferes with the 'Mob's' wishes regarding support of USC athletics. Not if they want to keep their jobs . . . or more.

WOW! I am agreeing with this gamecock fan

Oct 8, 2012, 11:29 PM

The MOB sold their souls for SOS. The State newspaper is "owned" by gogamecocks.com. The media is intimidated by SOS. There is no free press in Columbia.

I really hate to use this comparison, but the MOB might be a bit Nazi-like.

The MOB actually believe what is being published. They actually think Latimore is going to win the Heisman. The MOB thinks they will go to NC game this year. They think SOS is a great guy, no longer a JERK. I'm really afraid to drink the water in Columbia or turn on my radio.

The madness must stop! NCAA please shut them down!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard it too and you're right

Oct 8, 2012, 10:31 PM

They were pouring it on. I thought Ellis was going to need a laryngeal replacement.

Oct 8, 2012, 10:31 PM

the only intelligent thing i have ever heard Todd Ellis say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9YKUAfl1Wc

Oct 8, 2012, 11:39 PM

Toddy Ellis sounds like he should have played the serial killer in Silence of the Lambs. He's got that deep, disturbing voice and I imagine him telling whomever he has kidnapped and trapped in his basement to "Put the lotion in the basket!" When the Coots score, Ellis screams like someone taking a shower with Sandusky and blows the microphone levels out so your speakers crackle. Tommy Suggs is the prototypical redneck sidekick who is a real treat to listen to when the Coots are getting beat up because otherwise he just sits there and agrees with Toddy Lecter and occasionally has a dusty anecdote about the Coots' "illustrious" football history to throw in. Toddy also hosts the Ol' Ball Sack's t.v. show and it's filmed in the style of a funeral parlor but not even that entertaining. I won't be able to sleep tonight with images of Toddy Lecter doing his Cookie Dance in my head!

Oct 9, 2012, 12:07 AM

Suggs is the most pathetic excuse for a broadcaster ever...I'll give Ellis a break because he had to say "Touchdown Clemson, Touchdown Chad Jasmine" about 40 times. LOL

Oh yeah...and Todd has a nice tattoo on his butt from Jesse Hatcher...hehehe

Replies: 25
| visibility 3,702
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic