Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's the CFP matchups if UGAG beats BAMA ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 4,384

What's the CFP matchups if UGAG beats BAMA ?

Nov 25, 2018, 9:35 PM

#1 Clemson
#2 Notre Dame
#3 UGAG
#4 Bama

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's the CFP matchups if UGAG beats BAMA ?

Nov 25, 2018, 9:37 PM

That would be my guess.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could possibly flip UGA and ND, but that's your top 4***

Nov 25, 2018, 9:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

could be but I think they break the playoff system if a one loss non-champ Alabama gets in over

Nov 25, 2018, 9:38 PM

A 1 loss conference champ osu or Oklahoma. I think there would be a revolt. Although to be fair I do think Alabama is better than either team even at one loss.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: could be but I think they break the playoff system if a one loss non-champ Alabama gets in over

Nov 26, 2018, 6:28 AM

It will not break the system as that is precisely what has happened over the last 2 years.
See Bama last year and Ohio State the year before that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: could be but I think they break the playoff system if a one loss non-champ Alabama gets in over

Nov 26, 2018, 7:30 AM

False. The last 2 years a 1 loss team that did not win their conference was picked over a 2 loss team that won their conference. They have not yet picked a 1 loss team that did not win their conference over a 1 loss team that won their conference.

Nov 25, 2018, 9:41 PM

There's a 100% chance of that not happening , IMO .
Georgia needs success running the football to win against good teams . Against great teams , they need it even more .
What I know Nick Saban isn't gonna allow them to do is run the football .
Maybe Jake or Justin will light them up with a savage passing game ... I don't know . I kind of doubt it though ... and Georgia has a lot of holes defensively .

I bet Bama wins going away . I'd say 30-17 .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

DB23

I don't think it's a given Bama would get in

Nov 25, 2018, 9:41 PM

Ohio state or Oklahoma could edge them out. The last two years we had 11-1 non-champs getting in over 11-2 champs. This would be 12-1 vs 12-1. Might still be Bama, but it's a different situation.

I agree, and also think only conference champs should get in

Nov 26, 2018, 4:49 AM

However, if they are determined not to require CFP participants to be conference champs, there sould at least be the caveat that, a non conference winner could not get in ahead of a conference champ with an equal or better record.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 9:42 PM

I once believed that Bama would be in as well. But unlike some beat writers I can admit I may have been wrong in my judgement. My top 4 is all pending on if O310st wins the Big10 and UGA wins.

1.Clemson
2.ND
3.UGA
4.O310st

We should just let ESPN decide.***

Nov 25, 2018, 9:47 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I’ve heard there’s skulduggery collusion afoot!

Nov 25, 2018, 9:51 PM

So, as everyone agrees Bama is in the CFP final 4 win or lose to GA, the two SEC teams have agreed stage a wrestling match fixed SECCG!
Bama agrees to “let” GA win by a 3-pt FG. This guarantees both SEC teams get in at #3 GA and #4 Bama. Clemson #1 plays #4 Bama and #2 ND plays GA. If Bama & GA both win, then they play for “real” in the Championship game.

Watch and see if this doesn’t happen!

Four teams of the apocalypse

Nov 25, 2018, 10:18 PM

Advancing two teams that have already played head to head especially teams from the same conference who just settled the matter on the field offends my sensibilities on every level
Also I believe it will hurt college football

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Nope; Bama would be OUT

Nov 25, 2018, 9:53 PM

If you are not the best team in your own conference, you cannot possibly be best team in the country.

Hope the committee agrees with me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ Uhh, did Bama win the SEC West last year?

Nov 25, 2018, 10:01 PM

Much less the SEC Championship and Still got in. Precedent has been set! Bama is in regardless of a loss.

O310 state did the same 2 years ago***

Nov 26, 2018, 6:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree too but Alabama didn't even win their division

Nov 25, 2018, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Nope; Bama would be OUT ]

last year and still got in.

And that needs to be fixed. If you can’t win your conference

Nov 25, 2018, 10:06 PM

then you shouldn’t play for a national championship in 4 team format. If expanded to 8 or more then yes but not at 4. Committee set a terrible precedent last year with that and it needs to be corrected

And that needs to be fixed. If you can’t win your conference

Nov 25, 2018, 10:06 PM [ in reply to I agree too but Alabama didn't even win their division ]

then you shouldn’t play for a national championship in 4 team format. If expanded to 8 or more then yes but not at 4. Committee set a terrible precedent last year with that and it needs to be corrected

Nov 25, 2018, 9:55 PM

OSU and the BIG10 has a ton of clout, so if OSU beats NW, then I'm guessing that ESPN will praise OSU to no end, and it will affect the CFPC's decision to exclude OU. However, a 1-loss Bama will get in over an undefeated ND as Bama was undefeated in the regular season. It would send a harsh message to ND that they need to join a conference and have to win the CC game.

CLEMSON
UGA
OSU
Bama

This is ONLY if UGA somehow beats Bama, and OSU beats NW (the bigger the win the better for OSU).

Nov 25, 2018, 11:21 PM

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-college-football-predictions/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 4,384
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic