Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone have AT&T Uverse?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 722

Does anyone have AT&T Uverse?

Aug 21, 2013, 11:06 AM

I currently have Charter for phone and Internet and Direct TV for tv.

I'm trying to consolidate and save $ and Uverse can provide all three in a bundle where I'll save about $60 p/m.

I'm wondering about the Uverse service. They were talking to me about the U300 tv package which includes Internet with a 18mbps modem.

Does anyone have a similar package and can provide any feedback? Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, another thing that is annoying about Direct TV is all the outages due to rain, wind, etc. Hopefully, that would go away with Uverse.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scroll down the board to yesterdays posts.....

Aug 21, 2013, 11:09 AM

there was a lengthy discuission about this very subject yesterday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Does anyone have AT&T Uverse?

Aug 21, 2013, 11:09 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14190822#14190822

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2013, 11:13 AM

Good stuff. Thanks guys!

Aug 21, 2013, 11:17 AM

i really like my Uverse & it works perfectly. easy to use, few freezes or hang-ups, weather's not an issue (unless towers/lines are down or something big), lots of options with it...but better to upgrade to 450 package in my opinion! more sports & channel selection & definitely get HD upgrade if you have an HD TV!

Go TIGERS!

DirecTV rules. You must have a poorly secured dish if

Aug 21, 2013, 11:19 AM

wind is able to knock it out, and not as perfect of a signal as you can get as it only takes a torrential downpour to knock out signal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Yep

Aug 21, 2013, 11:19 AM

I had it when I lived in TX, and just recently signed up for it when it became available in IN.

I've had very good luck with them so far. My internet stability is above what I was getting with Lighthouse (rebranded RoadRunner). The TV service is more than sufficient for me, as we don't watch a lot of TV through normal cable/IP.

The HD signals are on par with any cable system I've had, though a bit worse (as they all are) than OTA HD. But compression will do that for you.

For the same price as I was paying for Internet only here in Indianapolis (through brighthouse) and ahving my internet drop about once a week for a few hours, I'm getting their mid-tier TV package and 50mbps internet which so far has been much more stable. I will say their internet gateway is a pain in the butt to get working if you have an existing Router and network structure you want to keep, but otherwise no complaints.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

U-VERSE Rocks!

Aug 21, 2013, 11:26 AM

I've had satellite, TWC, and U-Verse. There is no comparison. On the internet, spend the few more dollars to get the "max" speed. It's lightning fast.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

I asked this yesterday.... one thing I'm wondering about is

Aug 21, 2013, 11:37 AM

internet.... I currently have Cox at 3mbs and I am able to stream ESPN3 and Netflix with no problem.

I am going to switch and get 6 mbs from Uverse, so my assumption is I will be able to continue streaming with no problems.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Should be no problem at all***

Aug 21, 2013, 11:52 AM

I've grown to hate it

Aug 21, 2013, 12:32 PM

At first it was great. We chose a fairly slow internet speed which was more than adequate for streaming videos if you're hooked up with a hard line to the router or in same room as the router. Otherwise the wireless router is garbage. Our house had multiple dead spots until I hard wired a Linksys router to use as an access point. And, they don't support external access points, so you're on your own to learn how to set that up and maintain it.

That's not the worst of it though. About 1 year after we signed up, we started having issues with pause/rewind of live tv and it became nearly impossible to watch a DVR'd show from any box other than the main DVR box. Resetting the entire system would help about 20% of the time but that's PITA and it takes 7-10 minutes for the system to start up during a reset. After about 2 dozen customer service calls, new equipment, new wiring, and 3 different technicians coming to the house, the problem still exists. Also, they have tried to make me pay $90 for new wiring multiple times, even though they used all their own wiring during the initial install and used more of their own wiring during the rewire.

They have never once come through with a bill credit for all my trouble and inability to use the services I'm paying for. I've put up with it for far too long. I'm switching to directv within the next 2 weeks.

Replies: 10
| visibility 722
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic