Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mr. Knickerbocker’s....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Mr. Knickerbocker’s....

Jun 15, 2018, 10:34 AM

My family and I were in Clemson, yesterday, touring the campus with my daughter (Good Lord willing, will be a Tiger in 2019). We stopped by the temporary store they’d set up to sell their remaining merchandise. We were reminiscing and talking about how different downtown is with Knickerbocker’s gone and all the high-rise buildings. The nice young man who was working the register said that the new owners of the Knickerbocker’s space were raising the rent to $13,000/month....absolutely ridiculous. He said that as of now the new owners were planning on putting an Alumni Hall store there. I love Clemson dearly, but worry the town is losing the stores that make it Clemson. Who can afford $13,000/month but large franchise corporations?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mr. Knickerbocker’s....

Jun 15, 2018, 10:52 AM

It all depends on square sells footage when they figure the rent but 13k a month sounds very steep. I guess that’s considered progress. It seems as long as they had been there they would have bought their own space or that would have been the goal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jun 15, 2018, 10:54 AM

May also be why Brioso is leaving

Chic Filet during the week, Newspring Services on Sunday.

Jun 15, 2018, 10:55 AM

A recruiting win win.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jun 15, 2018, 11:06 AM

Agreed. I graduated in 2005, which isn't that long ago and the downtown area is very different since then. The high rises behind all the stores is not a good look. Clemson has many things that make it special, but the downtown area is definitely one of them. Also, the area surrounding clemson is changing rapidly. Just over the bridge into Seneca there is now a whole shipping center with many stores you used to have to drive to greenville to go to.

Sounds like they pushed them out to put in their own store.***

Jun 15, 2018, 11:07 AM

There last wkend for camp. Took pic of remaining storefront***

Jun 15, 2018, 12:45 PM

Jun 15, 2018, 12:56 PM

You can always boycott the new store if you don’t like the changes....

I've got a feeling many people will stay

Jun 15, 2018, 1:03 PM

away from the first tenant even it if is amazing. They will need to have enough cash to survive until people forget or stop caring.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic