Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it racist to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 373

Is it racist to

Jun 17, 2020, 4:14 PM

go in a restaurant and see little black ladies cooking and think "im about to have some delicious food?"

Jw because of the Aunt Jemima stuff. I've never looked at her as beneath me or anything. I've always associated black ladies with great food.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it racist to

Jun 17, 2020, 4:18 PM

much of the home cooking skills are being lost as these ladies retire

the dutch oven in abbeville had to close because the ladies retired lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My wife absolutely HATES the dutch oven.

Jun 17, 2020, 4:20 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not what she told me

Jun 17, 2020, 4:33 PM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We all know your #### don't stink***

Jun 17, 2020, 4:45 PM

;)

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2020, 4:38 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2020, 4:44 PM

I have been known to go out of my way to eat at a restaurant with older black female cooks.

They just know how to throw down in the kitchen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2020, 4:53 PM

I don’t know that it’s racist...but what would be your reaction if the same ladies (in different attire of course) showed up at your office to discuss your taxes/investments or a legal issue? If you can honestly say you would be pleased (or otherwise unfazed) then you are less biased than most I would say.

Jun 17, 2020, 5:15 PM

Were all biased. Some just don't own up to it.

But, if a black lady heard im a great investor and stopped by to see me, nope, wouldn't bother me at all.

Jun 17, 2020, 5:40 PM

I’d say that’s true...we all have natural bias and some learned bias that we don’t even realize sometimes. I know I do as well...but I’m trying to get better.

Jun 17, 2020, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it racist to ]

is her money green?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've eaten at many homes of blacks.

Jun 17, 2020, 5:28 PM

I didn't notice anything special. Ms Jordan who lived down the street from my grandmother was a fine cook and probably better than any man deserves. Now my friend's mom in West Palm who was from Cuba, that's some good grub right there.

However, the best cook on the planet is my first wife. She had to put a plate over the biscuits before they cooled off because they would float away if they weren't tied down. She out cooked all the women in my family and all the women in hers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've eaten at many homes of blacks.

Jun 17, 2020, 5:34 PM

I had a great aunt like that. Have mercy. I'd love some more of her cooking.

Was she a dark haired country girl with small hands and...

Jun 18, 2020, 8:10 AM

feet with a passion for shelf space? Cause...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 373
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic