Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was originally slated to become an astronaut
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

I was originally slated to become an astronaut

May 30, 2020, 3:54 PM

when I was growing up. I had the highest score on Star Fox of anyone in my class and I knew I could pass that test where they spin you around really fast on that spinning thing. I was getting ready to submit my application for space camp in Orlando, but my dad slipped a disc and I had to drop out of HS and help out at his body shop.
And here I am 30 years later, working hard and making a living with my hands. But I can only wonder what would have happened if I had gone to space camp that summer. No doubt I would have been recruited into their training program, but I never got that opportunity.

However, you should never give up on your dreams, no matter how impossible they may seem. One day I will make it to space, this I promise.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, that is unbelievable!***

May 30, 2020, 3:56 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was originally slated to become an astronaut

May 30, 2020, 4:07 PM

I never got pass the paper airplane project!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2020, 4:08 PM

My dad had asteroids real bad once.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you’re MORE...

May 30, 2020, 4:09 PM

Of a hero for helping your father out than becoming a space cowboy.

Well done, T-Balm.

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you’re MORE...

May 30, 2020, 4:13 PM

This is clearly a joke because the mullet wouldn’t allow a proper seal on the helmet. That’s a dealbreaker for both parties.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2020, 4:15 PM [ in reply to I think you’re MORE... ]

Yes, but T-balm should have enough scrap metal to make his own Rocket by now!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2020, 4:19 PM

That’s true. He is an avid recycler.

Yes. I think he just recycled one of FM’s posts***

May 30, 2020, 4:57 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2020, 4:26 PM

You are not alone. You are walking in the foot prints of many whose journey took a sudden unexpected fork in the road, yet went on to a successful and happy life. My grandfather died when Dad was 14 years old. He had just finished the seventh grade. His older brother and two sisters were in Furman. Dad stopped school and took over responsibility for the farm. Siblings said they would help him continue his education when they finished. Brother decided to be a preacher and went on to seminary. Long story short, by the time siblings could help, Dad had met a beautiful young school teacher and continued as a successful farmer., sending four boys to Clemson and two girls to Winthrop. Two of boys were college professors, one boy and two girls high school teacher, and other an economist with the US Forest Service.. Who knows what Dad could’ve done had he gotten the same opportunity he provided his children. I complement you on stepping up and doing what was necessary to support your family. I sense that you have had a satisfying and full life.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, he lies a lot too***

May 30, 2020, 4:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Balm is not a liar . . .

May 30, 2020, 4:58 PM

by trade he is a fabricator . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Balm is not a liar . . .

May 30, 2020, 6:15 PM

So that's what they are calling Body and Fender people these days, a Fabricator??? :)

You were recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier

May 30, 2020, 4:29 PM

against Xur and the Ko-Dan armada? That's awesome!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yup

May 30, 2020, 4:33 PM

Message was edited by: Tigerbalm1®

space camp is in Huntsville***

May 30, 2020, 4:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i am talking about the real Space Camp

May 30, 2020, 4:45 PM

https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/camps-and-education/camp-kennedy-space-center

Camp KSC just doesn’t have the same ring to it though.

May 30, 2020, 5:58 PM

Roll Tide.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

no the real space camp is Huntsville where you

May 30, 2020, 6:27 PM [ in reply to i am talking about the real Space Camp ]

stay the whole week and sleep there. The one at Kennedy space center is newer and its just a day thing. The astronauts that went to "space camp" went to the one in Huntsville.

The girl in the upper right corner is from NCSU and has been the the space station multiple times.

And if you're not careful the shuttle will take off!***

May 30, 2020, 6:55 PM

Re: no the real space camp is Huntsville where you

May 30, 2020, 8:46 PM [ in reply to no the real space camp is Huntsville where you ]

She just returned early this year after completing the longest stay in space of any female astronaut.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2020, 4:37 PM

Could have fooled me......surely thought you had already been to space and back a few times ......hang in there buddy I am sure you will get back there one day soon.....Go Tigers!!!!

May 30, 2020, 4:43 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ghGPTXBGIN4

May 30, 2020, 6:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Previously classified footage of Balm’s Rocketeering Days

May 30, 2020, 6:09 PM

May 30, 2020, 6:10 PM

That is out of this world.

I had top score on the Last Starfighter video game as a kid.

May 30, 2020, 6:12 PM

I waited for years for Centauri to come pick me up in his car and take me to my ship to fight off the fleet of Xur.

In the meantime I will continue to wait and cheer on my Tigers until I am needed.

Many of you will know what I am talking about and many will have to Google it.

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

I’ve been to outer space...

May 30, 2020, 6:36 PM

twice. Both trips were chronicled in my diary, which I keep in a portable fireproof document safe that I got at Sears.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

did you bring anything back?

May 30, 2020, 6:40 PM

please don’t say std
please don’t say std
please don’t say std

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I heard several people in active chat

May 30, 2020, 6:48 PM [ in reply to I’ve been to outer space... ]

bragging that they have been to Uranus.

Re: I heard several people in active chat

May 30, 2020, 6:55 PM

well, he did just say he put two entries in his derrière

so...fax check out

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

You probably mean outer banks....................

May 30, 2020, 6:57 PM [ in reply to I’ve been to outer space... ]

Easy mistake...................

Come on,

May 30, 2020, 8:22 PM

Tigerbalm1® . It was an album...Space Oddity...Bowie...you were never an astronaut candidate. It was college...smokey, hazy days...weird smells...'Mama Told Me (and you) Not to Come'...but...you did. Music...girls...other girls...other smoke...and liquid.

You. Were. Never. A. Candidate.

Sorry!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2020, 9:59 PM

https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline

May 30, 2020, 10:36 PM

Balm I bet it’d be easy to sneak on a rocket. Just hop the fence at night and climb on that bad boy and find a good hiding spot and lay low a few days before takeoff. Surely there’s a broom closet in there. Pack you some snacks and drinks. Plus once y’all take off it’s not like they are gonna turn around and bring you back. You might have to make your own suit and helmet but somebody on here could help with that. You got this.

Jun 1, 2020, 7:35 AM

I was really good on Plieads and Galaga. I think NASA was scouting me.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic