Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for fans who’ve attended all Clemson CFP games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,811

Question for fans who’ve attended all Clemson CFP games

Dec 26, 2019, 6:35 PM

First of all, congrats on your commitment, Time to travel and wealth. Since that first trip to Miami to play OU until now. How has your excitement and anticipation changed if any? Also with our expectations of returning again next year do you as a fan feel like your playing with house money and if the Tigers stumble and fall, which I personally don’t see happening, how will you feel?. Go Tigers. Will this ever get old or would you ever skip one?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for fans who’ve attended all Clemson CFP games

Dec 26, 2019, 6:48 PM

Been to all. Headed to Az tomorrow and none of this gets old and I don’t take 1 single one of them for granted. Anticipation and excitement hasn’t changed. I am nervous as heck and that won’t change but I’m enjoying every minute of it. Anyone that doesn’t is crazy. This ride could go on and on, or it could end at any moment.

I have been very creative in my travel plans to make it affordable and even made it my family vacation spots instead going to some usual summer spot. Enjoy it folks however you can....in person or TV

This is the first year I haven’t attended a playoff game.

Dec 26, 2019, 7:03 PM

I’ve never been to a national title game and have decided to hold out this time. It never gets old but financially it does catch up to you. I was also there for the 4th and 16 and would love to see Clemson-LSU battle again for the big one. Hopefully Clemson will make it to the Rose Bowl next year.

Re: This is the first year I haven’t attended a playoff game.

Dec 26, 2019, 10:21 PM

I travel most of the year and stay on planes more than I care to think about. So when I get my 2 months off at the end of the year the last thing I want to do is get on a plane and fly to Phoenix. I have 3 million flyer miles, 2 mil each Hilton and Marriott points and free rental cars so I could go for free but it's just hard to get my #### out of my La-Z-Boy chair once I have the impression back in it.

Re: Question for fans who’ve attended all Clemson CFP games

Dec 26, 2019, 8:00 PM

I have been to all of them. I will be going to AZ tomorrow and to NOLA if we go. I went through the “lean years” in the 90’s and know it could end at any time so I make sure I enjoy it all now. I take my mother with me to all the games allowing me to make memories that I’ll cherish for years to come. I certainly want to see the Tigers win but should they run out of time and get outscored I’d be disappointed but it won’t diminish my love for my team.

I plan all year so I can go to the games. That means I make hotel reservations in January for the semi-final and final locations (along with the Orange Bowl) . I made flight reservations on Southwest for last years NC game during to summer knowing I could cancel them if we didn’t go. So I am ab to get cheaper rates where I can but also save all year for it. In the end the memories and joy are well worth the money I spend and anything I may have given up to attend the games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been to all of them....

Dec 26, 2019, 10:08 PM

....and all the ACCCGs and I have season tickets - I live in California so I fly a lot to see the Tigers play...Santa Clara and Phoenix are kind of a bonus since Santa Clara is an hour drive and Phoenix is a 2-hour flight.

For me the excitement level doesn't change - I'm always a bit worried just because I know we can't win every single game.
Would I stop going? Heck no. A lot of lean years to get where we are today. Nothing lasts forever though so while the ride is going, I'm going to stay on.

In David Hood's Christmas article yesterday, he talked about being a kid and hearing about teams like Notre Dame, Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State and how far away they sounded. I felt the same growing up in South Carolina so to see the Tigers play these teams and win is still almost like a dream. But it's not a dream, it's reality and that is soooo great.

Off to Phoenix tomorrow night. Hopefully in a couple of weeks to New Orleans. I'm as proud as I can be of our Tigers and I don't see this ending for quite a while....

Go TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've been to all of them....

Dec 26, 2019, 11:53 PM

Thanks for your response. Go Tigers.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,811
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic