Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
considering myself fortunate today...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

considering myself fortunate today...

Nov 24, 2014, 10:08 AM
hydro1.gif(501.4 K)

I was driving up highway 25 yesterday at around 1 pm as the rain was dumping down. At mile marker 6 in NC, I hydroplaned at between 50 and 55 mph. No turns, no huge puddles, just smooth new pavement and tons of water. I spun completely around and went off the road, by a guard rail and down into a revine. Pics attached. The one with snow is from google. I'm fortunate to be alive and aside from lots of bruises and soreness, I'm ok.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Let me guess, you got charged with driving too fast for

Nov 24, 2014, 10:10 AM

conditions?

Glad you are okay.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, witness told the HP...

Nov 24, 2014, 10:13 AM

that we were all well under the speed limit. The limit there is 65 and I was probably going around 52 although I can't be sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

good thing you're ok, but that car is screwed!***

Nov 24, 2014, 10:32 AM

Yes but they can charge you with that no matter how slow you

Nov 24, 2014, 4:20 PM [ in reply to no, witness told the HP... ]

were going. Even if you were doing 35 they could say you were still driving too fast for the rainy wet conditions. Must have been a cop in a good mood or he felt bad for you.

I got that ticket one time, because I was asleep at the

Nov 24, 2014, 4:34 PM

wheel.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I got that ticket one time, because I was drivin and

Nov 24, 2014, 4:39 PM

cryin.

Your turn.

wow, thats crazy. There's snow in NC?***

Nov 24, 2014, 10:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

50-55 in snowy whiteout conditions? Might want to rethank

Nov 24, 2014, 10:13 AM

that. Juss yanking your dangly. Glad you are OK. Scary as shiz, I'm sure. Did you #### yourself?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thank God, no. But,...

Nov 24, 2014, 10:15 AM

adrenaline is a powerful thing. I felt completely normal until about an hour afterwards and the soreness started to kick in. I feel like I played in every FB game yesterday with no pads.

i got in a 5 car collision at 17

Nov 24, 2014, 10:17 AM

my car was half the size after the wreck. You're right, was fine the few hours after but could barely get out of bed the next morning.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like vtec kicked in***

Nov 24, 2014, 10:18 AM

I've been driving straight...

Nov 24, 2014, 10:22 AM

drives for years and my instincts told me to push in the clutch and steer oposite the slide but that dang front wheel drive just has too much mechanical drag and I couldn't regain grip. If I had time to think about it, I would have used light throttle. I hope the next car is rear wheel drive.

Re: I've owned 3 Integra GSR's

Nov 24, 2014, 10:24 AM

I know your feels

You #### yourself?

Nov 24, 2014, 10:22 AM

If that were to happen to me, I might let a little squirt out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad you're ok!***

Nov 24, 2014, 10:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I'm just happy that you're in here posting this morning.

Nov 24, 2014, 10:31 AM

I really wasn't prepared to be doing any somber memorial services at the tailgate this Saturday!

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks,RH, the more I look at...

Nov 24, 2014, 2:54 PM

the pics, the luckier I feel.

They did not look good, for sure.

Nov 24, 2014, 3:11 PM

Glad to know you'll be back at the tailgate soon for sure!

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did something like that in Chester one rainy day.

Nov 24, 2014, 10:37 AM

The car was sliding backwards in the opposite lane and then ran of the road, right before a truck sped by. The only damage was to the fuel indicator line and some grass crammed where the tire meets the rim, so 2 flat tires.

I was being watched that day, I tell ya!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Glad you are ok!***

Nov 24, 2014, 3:13 PM

Re: considering myself fortunate today...

Nov 24, 2014, 4:50 PM

You were clearly not ready for the VTEC to kick in, yo.

Had the same experience

Nov 24, 2014, 5:00 PM

Happy to see you come through not seriously hurt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: considering myself fortunate today...

Nov 24, 2014, 6:06 PM

Aw hell, that'll shìt'll buff out. Can get it done in a day and a half. Now if you squirted one out and it stained the seat there's a biohazard charge.

Seriously, musta been one hell of a ride. I took one like that and it wasn't fun. Enjoy the next week. Valium or tylox and a bottle of scotch will be your best friend. Glad you're OK.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, and get some Michelins on the next one

Nov 24, 2014, 6:09 PM

I switched to em, tried some others, almost died, went back and won't use anything else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic