Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone remember when the president...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Does anyone remember when the president...

Mar 22, 2020, 10:52 PM

Married his 21 year old adopted daughter who he took guardianship of when she was 11?

Also the only president to post a 2-1 record in presidential election.

What are some other good president factoids ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does anyone remember when the president...

Mar 22, 2020, 11:07 PM

can't remember any president,but woody allen does come to mind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 22, 2020, 11:19 PM

We've had a president that never was elected in Gerald Ford.

Mar 22, 2020, 11:41 PM

Remember when Dewey won? Oh wait...

The 1st African American President was Bill Clinton....***

Mar 23, 2020, 12:19 AM

Mar 23, 2020, 2:35 AM

Grover Cleveland

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 23, 2020, 3:22 AM

James Buchanan was gay. Also, his niece, Harriet Lane, acted as First Lady to the White House. She was America's first First Lady. That's when the term "First Lady" came around due to the fact that Buchanan was the first "bachelor" president. Before that it was just Mrs. Lincoln, Mrs. Washington, etc.

Mar 23, 2020, 7:52 PM

Wasn’t James Buchanan the president before Lincoln? If the term was established before Lincoln, would Mary Todd still been a First Lady?

Mar 23, 2020, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone remember when the president... ]

Eleanor Roosevelt was a lezzum, does that count for anything. I heard she tore up a lot of carpet in the White House. Balm, do you have any info on that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been around since Harry Truman was President; Joe21

Mar 23, 2020, 5:56 AM

has been around since Warren G. Harding was President! Imagine that......Harding.

So, our great, honored comrade...Joe...has lived through the Great Depression, WWII, the Korean Conflict, the terrible polio pandemic and more.

As we cope with our current crisis, I am reminded of Franklin Roosevelt's words in his inaugural address of March 1933, during the heights of the Great Depression: "...the only thing we have to fear...is fear itself."

Older folks like Joe, I and others here would suggest those same words apply today!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've been around since Harry Truman was President; Joe21

Mar 23, 2020, 8:22 AM

Without question the country needs to unite in this critical time. The best way to do that is to keep politics out of the picture..... if possible!

Thanks hartins & when the Commie China Virus returns...

Mar 23, 2020, 8:58 AM [ in reply to I've been around since Harry Truman was President; Joe21 ]

a despondent world to days long passed, you, Joe21, others can educate the masses on the secrets of Abacus & the weirding way of the handy, Roman Day Planner...

And please, don't ever let GWPTiger® fool you, you're the best of them. Be well, HT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was Truman the president immediately before or after

Mar 23, 2020, 12:37 PM [ in reply to I've been around since Harry Truman was President; Joe21 ]

Lincoln? TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Mar 23, 2020, 9:39 AM

John Adams and Thomas Jefferson both died on July 4, 1826 (50th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2020, 9:43 AM

Remember the president we had for 8 years that royally screwed this country? Take your pick...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By the way, actually 4 presidents had a 2-1 election record

Mar 23, 2020, 7:03 PM

Jefferson
Jackson
Cleveland
Nixon

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic