Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've been a Clemson fan all of my life, which is no
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I've been a Clemson fan all of my life, which is no

Jun 23, 2016, 10:39 PM

insignificant span, and I've seen a lot of Clemson football, and I can tell you younger bucks this:

These are the good old days for Clemson football, the days you will tell your children and grandchildren about.

While it should be obvious to all, sometimes we get caught up in the moment to such a degree that we don't fully appreciate what is happening. There are many of you who have been around longer and seen more Clemson football than me, and you, as well as any of you who were around in the Danny Ford days know what I'm talking about. But this time it's a little different.

Yes, we just played for a National Championship, but every day now I see the talent we are reeling in and read the comments from recruits and read the reports and it is downright staggering. Truly recruiting nationwide. Top QB from Indiana, top DE from Kansas, top DT from Massachusetts, reestablishing success in NC, bringing in top talent from all over SEC territory and beyond. Money pouring in and state of the art facilities going up. The best college QB in the nation. The best defense in the nation. The best DL in the nation. The #1 RB recruit in the nation. The best WR group in the nation. Elite coaching staff. Depth all over the field. After a many years of struggling, a deep, talented, ELITE OL.

Dabo Swinney has very deliberately, very methodically, built a football machine. It's a machine that is built to last. Make no mistake, this is all Dabo's baby. Thank you Dabo.

We won't win every game, but we should expect to win an awful lot of them, and we will.

Of course, I'm not telling any of you anything you don't already know, I just want to remind you all to soak it in, appreciate it, feel it and wallow in it. Because it's good.

Salivating at the prospect of BuzzPaw beginning "the process". At this point, 9:00 PM on September 3rd can't get here fast enough!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Amen SMILING ..

Jun 23, 2016, 10:52 PM

And i'm smiling since I've see some awful Clemson FB in my day, and this period of elite success is a true blessing.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amen SMILING ..

Jun 24, 2016, 12:11 AM

I am with you,lightbulbbill. I have seen some great tiger football since I peeked through the fence at Riggs when my brother was there from 1938-42 and since I was a freshman in 1946. While in Texas even saw several games with Rice. Won one I recall.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My father was there in 39-40. Wish he were here to enjoy all

Jun 24, 2016, 12:18 AM

of this with me, but I know he's got a 50-yard-line seat up above!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

great post

Jun 23, 2016, 10:55 PM

Well done

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I agree, really did enjoy being at a few games in 80s

Jun 23, 2016, 11:09 PM

... when I was a high school kid coming up for games.

Remember a cool, damp late November Saturday in 1980 when my brother commented that the boys looked like they weren't wearing any pads in their white britches while they were warming up. It all made sense when they showed up at the top of the hill a bit later.

The next September in 1981 there was a pretty awesome game when Herschel and the Dawgs showed up and turned the ball over 9 times. Clock went to zero, we were up 13-3, and nobody (well, except for the UGA fans) left the stadium. Everyone just stood in the stands basking in what they had just witnessed and wondering where we might go from there.

But, I still can't wait for September 3rd to see what Dabo, Coach V, Watson, Gallman, Boulware, and everyone else have got planned for this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was at all of those games too . . . some of the best times

Jun 23, 2016, 11:14 PM

of my life! Heady times for sure!

- H. L. Mencken

Yea, I was there too... Good times.***

Jun 24, 2016, 4:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're saying we shouldn't have given Tommy the rest of the year?

Jun 24, 2016, 12:38 AM

;) Great post.. I'm just so grateful I've been able to share it with my very enthusiastic 14yo daughter. Nobody I'd rather be cheering on the Tigers with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I've been a Clemson fan all of my life, which is no

Jun 24, 2016, 12:58 AM

+1. I am soaking it all in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said... I've been trying to explain that to anyone who

Jun 24, 2016, 4:19 AM

would listen... Now I'm just enjoying the replies. +1. ;~)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2016, 5:04 AM

Very well put , and all very true .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

This is the best of times and more of the best of times is

Jun 24, 2016, 6:11 AM

Coming in an incredible dominant way. We dominate on the line of scrimmage and our skill players just get better.

Clemson has been the best all along, but it took the best coach ever to see the vision through the passion of the Clemson faithful and bringing them all together with an all-in effort of family coming together in one accord of love, faith, sacrifice and trusting the process.

Thank you for reminding us all of the beautiful big picture.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: This is the best of times and more of the best of times is

Jun 24, 2016, 6:39 AM

I agree. Great post. I too have been a Tiger fan for a long time. We've come a long way since the days I sat at Grant field and watched the Jackets score at will against our Frank Howard teams. Danny Ford days were great but this is different. He had great teams, Dabo has built a great program. Enjoy Tiger fans and soak it all in, it's taken a long time to get to this point. Place tiger paws on everything you can and wear them with pride!

Got some brushed metal ones for the Sierra...today.***

Jun 24, 2016, 6:59 AM

Jun 24, 2016, 8:22 AM

You are spot on! It is so much fun to go into a game expecting to win again! Danny Ford gave that to Clemson fans, it was taken away by a bunch of hardheads, and FINALLY Dabo has given it back to us. I love watching the student section rocking...brings back some amazing memories. I truly think Dabo will long be remembered as the greatest coach in Clemson history. After he was named interim Coach, that first Tiger Walk for Georgia Tech, you could literally feel a difference in the air. Savor every minute, Tigers.

Jun 24, 2016, 8:29 AM

My son is five and I hope he experiences this for a long time. Growing up at this age and Clemson winning will sway him towards his daddy's side and not his mother's. (she's a gamecock!! ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Smiling Tiger! You are right on all of this!

Jun 24, 2016, 8:51 AM

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rome wasn't built in a day

Jun 24, 2016, 8:56 AM

Dabo has done this the right way. A clear vision, determined attitude, and relentless passion. There hasn't been any compromising of morals or choosing the easy path. The reward is a foundation that is STRONG that will last for a long time. He's built a program. Reestablished a brand. Brought together a family of fans. I couldn't be prouder of our coach and hope he stays as long as he wishes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic