Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've asked this before: What would Leggett have to have
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

I've asked this before: What would Leggett have to have

Apr 28, 2014, 1:19 PM

accomplished and how recently to buy a pass from TigerNet? How do you build rainy day goodwill and how long does it last? (Not forever, ask Bobby Bowden).

Obviously, JL has no Nat'l Titles.

But he has: 6 CWS appearances (most recently in '10)
2 ACC titles
Top-10 in All-time wins
19 NCAA Tourneys in 20 years

I would say I'm firmly on the fence right now as to whether JL is beginning to run a good will deficit but I've also been thinking about a comparable situation that happened in Knoxville a few years ago. The Vols ran off Phil Fulmer (someone with a comparable CFB resume IMO) to similar strains of--"Who can we get better?! Who cares!! Anyone else!!" And they have been cycling through mediocre coaches ever since.

My point is, you don't run off an HOF coach (and yes, JL is absolutely an HOF coach) and expect the program to turn around over night. We may be in for some dark days with JL but we'll be in for some without him as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Generally 3/4 of the top 25 teams are from the Southeast.

Apr 28, 2014, 1:23 PM

So being in the top 8 (CWS) in baseball (if you're from the Southeast) is like being in the top 32 in football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This could be the dumbest thing I've read on TigerNet in

Apr 28, 2014, 1:29 PM

years...

Criticizing JL is legitimate. Downplaying his accomplishments is idiotic.

So you don't read your own posts?***

Apr 28, 2014, 4:00 PM

Re: So you don't read your own posts?***

Apr 28, 2014, 4:17 PM

terrible attempt at a comeback after what might be one of the most idiotic things I have read on Tnet.

null

Re: Generally 3/4 of the top 25 teams are from the Southeast.

Apr 28, 2014, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Generally 3/4 of the top 25 teams are from the Southeast. ]

wha wha what. where are all the major football teams from. and there are plenty of good baseball teams out of the south.

should be opposite - way more baseball teams competing

Apr 28, 2014, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Generally 3/4 of the top 25 teams are from the Southeast. ]

football teams from Stony Brook, Rice, Cal St Fullerton, etc rarely beat top conference teams. In baseball, those teams not only field solid programs but can even make, and win, the World Series.

Apr 28, 2014, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Generally 3/4 of the top 25 teams are from the Southeast. ]

Completely ridiculous. Not only are you ignoring that there are actually way more d1 baseball teams completely nullifying your point, but by pointing out that there is a concentration of great teams in the south (ignoring the fact that west coast baseball is pretty decnt too) you should infer that it is actually harder to remain relavent in baseball because you are playing the absolute best teams every single year. Numerous in state schools that everyone here considers mid week throw aways we should win no matter what have extensive NCAA postseason experience.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2014, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Generally 3/4 of the top 25 teams are from the Southeast. ]

Holy #### that is some ####### stupid logic.

null

Yeah, really stupid logic. Out of top 25 teams, 21 are from

Apr 28, 2014, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Generally 3/4 of the top 25 teams are from the Southeast. ]

"Dixie" right now. That's the way it is EVERY year.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1

because the best players go South where they don't have to use ice skates to run the bases in February.

And just because there's more teams doesn't mean they should be BETTER. That's stupid logic. That's like saying the more students we admit to Clemson the higher the average SAT should be.

Clemson should be a top 15 team EVERY YEAR because of its location, its tradition, its facilities, its beauty, its people, etc... And it should go to the CWS every other year if we want it to. If its not, its because something's terribly wrong; and many people know exactly what that something is.

Did that one hurt you as much as it hurt us?***

Apr 28, 2014, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Generally 3/4 of the top 25 teams are from the Southeast. ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've asked this before: What would Leggett have to have

Apr 28, 2014, 1:25 PM

Fire Pep, and correct that mistake with a home run.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2014, 1:57 PM

Considering people had his head on a stick in 2010 before our Omaha run and then again the very next year - nothing. They won't be happy ever with him. Some are still pissed about 2002. Some want Jack fired for underachieving, but want to bring in Corbin who is an underachiever himself.

Apr 28, 2014, 1:57 PM

Start winning Championships. ACC or National.

One in Nineteen years is not very good.

null

Apr 28, 2014, 2:29 PM

I said starting with 2012 that he had to either win an ACC championship or get to the CWS within the next three years for me. Guess what-he has not come close to either one and in fact we have gotten embarrassed repeatedly the last few years in our conference tournament; we have gotten our rear ends stomped by Conn and Liberty in regionals. I am sorry, excues time is over and a change needs to made unless he pulls a rabbit out of the hat during the ACC or NCAA tournament.

Apr 28, 2014, 2:31 PM

you should really change your handle to hatebaseball. lol

Apr 28, 2014, 2:32 PM

Here we go with the "hate" word. You should change your handle to "mindless follower".

Apr 28, 2014, 2:33 PM

demindlessfollower. just dont have a good ring

Apr 28, 2014, 3:33 PM

neither does jackasskisser.

Who gives a rip about conference championships

Apr 28, 2014, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: I've asked this before: What would Leggett have to have ]

especially tournament championships. Since 2003 the only teams that have won the CWS AND a conference tournament are LSU in 09 and Fresno St in 08.

The PAC 1(2)0 doesn't have a tournament and of their 4 CWS championships, only 1 has been the outright winner of the regular season and that was Oregon St.

Conference championships mean very little when you have national seeding and a postseason tournament.

Re: Who gives a rip about conference championships

Apr 28, 2014, 4:32 PM

Winning your conference means you are elite team it means you are more than likely going to get one of those National Seeds. Also Scar won the SEC regular season in 2011.

So saying that in the past 6 years that 50% of the National Title winners were also Conference title winners really doesnt help your argument.

null

I would be more impressed

Apr 28, 2014, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Who gives a rip about conference championships ]

with being the #1 seed in the ACC Tournament than if we win it or not. Win the ACC regular season and you are almost certainly a national seed and get to play at home through the Supers. It would sure beat what we have had the past few years, or what we are potentially facing this year of not making the tournament at all.

Sorry. Thought it was a football topic about Jordan the TE.

Apr 28, 2014, 7:22 PM

Storms a brewing Jack's way. He's a tough competitor and it's gonna be tough to convince someone like that to leave peacefully. He's earned a shot at naming his terms though. Maybe it's time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2014, 7:34 PM

We're bad in so many categories right now it's hard to figure out where to start. I guess consistently competing for for the ACC regular season, hosting regionals and supers almost every year, and turning around the domination by the coots.

I hate to say it, but I think he has reduced us to such a shell of what we were in his hay day that those criteria are nearly impossible.

Always 3 categories. 2 out of 3 can carry a coach.

Apr 28, 2014, 7:54 PM

Regular season record/ranking
Rings
Beat rival

This works for all sports, and it works with a 4 year history. At some point the "rebuilding" and "young players" excuses are no longer valid.

If any single category goes too long (6-8 years), then it can be enough regardless of the other 2 categories.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic