Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Weird Prod Poll, Part 3 (the most dangerous one)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1,094

Weird Prod Poll, Part 3 (the most dangerous one)

Nov 14, 2019, 6:53 AM

OK, so I haven't gotten as many responses to my previous posts as I was hoping for, but I understand how it would not be very interesting to you. Nevertheless, I will finish my little campaign of self-examination here by asking what may be a dangerous question. I don't believe in ad hominem, but in this thread, I would like for you to tell me what qualities my posts have, good or bad. Technically, this is not ad hominem in the sense of "attacking" me to try to win some debate. I'm literally asking you to criticize my posts. This is not about who I am as a person, because none of you actually know me. This is about what my posts here represent.

So, all I'm asking you is to give me adjectives for what my posts are like, or what kind of attitude my posts convey, to you. Again, I will not argue anything you post, and you will get a free point for a serious reply, even if all of your input is negative. Feel free to use as many negative adjectives as you want...I already have some in mind, and I'll be interested to see if you feel the same way.

To make this easier, I'll just list some that you might use. You can use your own; this is just to give you a place to kick off from.

educated, misinformed, ignorant, reasoned, illogical, kind, mean, nasty, gracious, humble, arrogant, prideful, honest, dishonest, genuine, disingenuous, verbose, boring, interesting, naive, realistic, optimistic, pessimistic, cynical, idealistic

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prod polls

Nov 14, 2019, 6:57 AM

cootish

Snidish

Nov 14, 2019, 7:50 AM

Rarely TUs

You left off

Nov 14, 2019, 6:59 AM

Thought provoking

Whether I agree or disagree your posts always make me think.

I would add polite and genuine - I often post stuff because I know it will provoke some of our companions as a joke but you seem to always try to foster honest discussion.

My impression is that you’re always looking for

Nov 14, 2019, 7:39 AM

Black/white answers, when most of the P&R issues are gray....

Your posting style?

Nov 14, 2019, 7:49 AM

Often reminds me of this......skip to the 1 minute or so mark.

In other words, often feels like you already know where you going when you ask questions and are rope a doping a little. I though and believe you to be sincere.

https://youtu.be/2AzAFqrxfeY

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should say “I enjoy them though”***

Nov 14, 2019, 7:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To add to this, its a common theme.

Nov 14, 2019, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Your posting style? ]

You ask question to which you obviously know the answer. Here's a recent example:

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/I-dont-know-what-accept-it-and-move-on-means-26275185

I'm not rooting through older posts to find more, but this seems to be a common method of posting. I'm not sure why you do it, or what argumentative purpose it solves.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel your style is sorta mid-90s hip hop...

Nov 14, 2019, 8:08 AM

West Coast.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: I feel your style is sorta mid-90s hip hop...

Nov 14, 2019, 1:37 PM

Ok, jack ###, that was never said. I said that the beat was a west coast beat which reminded me of the good ol' 90's rap. Not that he was a rapper, but that the beat in the song was west coast.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: I feel your style is sorta mid-90s hip hop...

Nov 14, 2019, 2:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Sincere and curious with just a smidge of navel-gazing.***

Nov 14, 2019, 8:32 AM

Had to look that one up. Nice.***

Nov 14, 2019, 8:38 AM

after this thread, you may need a hug or a nice phone convo

Nov 14, 2019, 9:33 AM

here are a few numbers, lol.

https://psychcentral.com/lib/common-hotline-phone-numbers/

I get the introspective nature of these questions. Self-improvement is a virtue, but I'm not sure how wise it is to be consulting the visitors to this board, as innocently as you present it. My observation has been that people are posting on here because they have some need to vent, are lonely, or need some kind of reassurance that they are not the crazy ones.

I admire you for testing whatever theory you are working on. "The unexamined life isn't worth living" - Cra-Cra Socrates

I am self-examining, but the thing I am really examing

Nov 14, 2019, 10:16 AM

is, specifically, the way I am posting on this board. I'm not trying to come to some conclusion about my life in general or something. So if the only thing I am looking to improve on is how I'm posting here, then it makes sense (to me) to ask people reading my posts here.

Re: Weird Prod Poll, Part 3 (the most dangerous one)

Nov 14, 2019, 10:32 AM

Prod's posts are sincere, well thought-out and logical. Often Prod seems more interested in learning than in expressing an opinion, and Prod is never interested in scoring points or "winning" a debate. The goal of Prod's posts is usually to ask questions to get a better understanding of something he doesn't think he understands well enough. He never goes on the attack, always keeps it civil and respectful, and tries to keep an open mind even while having conviction in his beliefs.

Prod's posts tend to cause discomfort in certain people who mistrust Prod's motives. But those people are probably confused mostly because they themselves don't know how to earnestly ask questions and learn from others. They just want to fight and yell and score points.

Was I supposed to just give a list of adjectives? Hope this is ok.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Spooneye's posts go out of their way to avoid

Nov 14, 2019, 11:24 AM

second person, even in direct replies. You'll often find spooneye using words like "he" or "she" when the more common "you" would suffice.

That's the least of Spooneye's problems.***

Nov 14, 2019, 1:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I think there are a lot of things to admire in the thoughts

Nov 14, 2019, 1:34 PM

you post. It is a pleasant thing that you're not sarcastic, because many of your topics are a bit weighty. Among us oddballs, freaks, perverts, and the lot that frequent the Lunge, your posts seem to be sincere and generally thought provoking. Your religious foundation seems to guide many of these ponderings and how they might relate in a wider, more secular world in an almost perpetual Bildungsroman-like fashion. But you're not a spring chicken anymore. That leaves one to conclude that in you're posts, you are eager to learn, slow to judge, and can appreciate humanity in its beauty and its ugliness as an effort to gain any pebbles of wisdom as they come you're way...even in the Lunge.

I miss your baseball posts.***

Nov 14, 2019, 2:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know what happened there is that I now have

Nov 14, 2019, 2:14 PM

another outlet for baseball stuff (Twitter). So when I'm thinking about baseball, I go there, not here. But that's nice of you to say. I should probably participate more on baseball topics.

Thank you for being one of the handful of folks here who

Nov 14, 2019, 3:25 PM

espouse Christian virtues and actually adhere to them.

I've always appreciated your earnestness on here

Nov 15, 2019, 12:13 PM

I know you're a smart guy, but you don't mouth off. You just say what you think, simply, and I think people on here find that endearing. There's none of the snark or jadedness you normally see on message boards. Sometimes I wonder if your innocent earnestness isn't a little fake, because it doesn't make much sense to me that you'd be so curious about people's thoughts on here without being as curious off the board. But I've decided it's the real deal.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Weird Prod Poll, Part 3 (the most dangerous one)

Nov 15, 2019, 10:07 PM

Reasonable, curious, a truth-seeker.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1,094
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic