Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Great! Now AP has twisted the story to say Dabo said
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 6,471

Great! Now AP has twisted the story to say Dabo said

Nov 25, 2018, 8:44 PM

it was time for him to move on. Freaking irresponsible journalism from the home team has caused this and that writer doubled down. SMH

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25378306/clemson-tigers-coach-dabo-swinney-calls-critics-shameful-south-carolina-win

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is what Dabo said.

Nov 25, 2018, 8:57 PM

Probably gonna have to go elsewhere for news now. Hood's name is Mudd now in Clemson circles and he was too ignorant to see it, doubled down with his scorched earth piece. LOL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's why I said pull the articles and apology but no, he

Nov 25, 2018, 8:59 PM

chose to double down. He lost me and many other Tiger fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both articles we're completely ridiculous

Nov 25, 2018, 9:24 PM

to phrase the first one, "when does a win feel like a loss" was just wrong. Complain about D, fine, no problem, but a win NEVER EVER feels like a loss. Then to use "scorched Earth" and "doubled down" in the next article, seems way out of line. Almost like the second article was written out of spite. Could be just me though.

I think Tnet should remove the two articles

Nov 25, 2018, 9:00 PM

It's OK for BV to be embarrassed by D, but fans must b happy

Nov 25, 2018, 9:16 PM

hmmm. I think Dabo over-reacted. I love Dabo. Have thought he "got" Clemson from the first homecoming when he walked around talking to students as they built Homecoming floats.

I was on the edge of my seat during the entire game because I saw an SCAR offense that could score on one "lucky" pass. And I watched a GREAT Clemson defense struggle stopping the pass. AND I expected but saw no adjustments at halftime. (BV admits he made no adjustments). Is it okay for a Clemson fan to be disappointed with the way our GREAT defense played last night? I am THRILLED that we won. Losing would have be AWFUL! As a Clemson fan, I expect my SCAR friends to give me a hard time about my team playing us close and losing only because their D was decimated with injury and asking me what our excuse was for a poor preforming D. So, as a fan, the crap I will get will feel a bit like a loss. A beatdown would have silenced these SCAR fans (AND that is always a good thing - silencing the SCAR fans). So, all year long I to will put up with that crap. So, from that perspective it does feel a bit like a loss. Just say'n. I think Dabo can understand that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Listen to Venables

Nov 25, 2018, 9:21 PM

He's embarrassed because he's holding himself to the Best Is Standard level in coaching. He's blaming himself, and pushing himself to be better. THAT is what the "Best is the Standard" mantra means.

It doesn't mean I get to hold him to some unrealistic expectation that we won't have a horrible defensive game every now and then, or at least that's my take on it.

And as for any part of you feeling like this was a loss.. there is an easy and absolute counter to any crap of an argument thrown your way by gamecock fans... scoreboard.

That's all that needs to be said. It ends all arguments and anyone who keeps chirping does so as a fool.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Listen to Venables

Nov 25, 2018, 9:33 PM

THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just the distraction we need during conf championship week

Nov 25, 2018, 9:08 PM

just before a playoff trip...a two-bit media chitstorm based on comments from an anonymous "fan" written just to drum up clicks.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i bet Steve levy is behind all of this.

Nov 25, 2018, 9:19 PM

??

Replies: 9
| visibility 6,471
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic