Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
u5c is a 28 point favorite over Akron...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

u5c is a 28 point favorite over Akron...

Nov 28, 2018, 11:50 AM

if they only win by 21, will Akron claim a moral victory?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Akron is not that desperate

Nov 28, 2018, 11:56 AM

They know a 21 point loss is a loss. They are not ok with sec participation ribbons.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Buying potential 7th win w/out ticket revenue to pay for it?

Nov 28, 2018, 12:08 PM

Sketchy economics angling for a little better bowl game.

Will SCAR fans appreciate the difference in bowl game status?

Will the AD earn enough off of bowl revenue to offset the cost of flying Akron down to Columbia for a ritual thumping?

Probably not ...

Any way you look at it, SCAR is throwing good money after bad.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It wasn’t for money. They were scared they wouldn’t get 6 wins

Nov 28, 2018, 12:17 PM

Facing Tennessee and Ole Miss they figured they could easily lose both and of course lose to Clemson. It was an insurance policy not a money maker. Which is why it would be so great if they lose and then lose their bowl game to go 6-7. Coots still have a losing season on the table. But somehow I’m sure that would feel like a winning season to them because it’s not as bad as 5-7.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Buying potential 7th win w/out ticket revenue to pay for it?

Nov 28, 2018, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Buying potential 7th win w/out ticket revenue to pay for it? ]

I think the Zips are getting 1.3 million to come down if I heard correctly.

Those clowns must really want to go to Shreveport***

Nov 28, 2018, 2:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: u5c is a 28 point favorite over Akron...

Nov 28, 2018, 12:18 PM

If we run in a TD with under a minute to play with our first string QB handing off to the starting running back for a 21 point win it might as well be a loss in my opinion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Nov 28, 2018, 12:20 PM

I like how you equate yourselves to the Zips in this scenario.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 28, 2018, 1:58 PM

I just spit my coffee out. LOL !!!

So y’all are Akron?

Nov 28, 2018, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: u5c is a 28 point favorite over Akron... ]

Well said, birdbrain!

~JKB

Nov 28, 2018, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: u5c is a 28 point favorite over Akron... ]

Ill bet you Akron down 14 doesn't call 2 timeouts on SC last possession and then boohoo of scored upon!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny...

Nov 28, 2018, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: u5c is a 28 point favorite over Akron... ]

I don't recall ever hearing you whine about that when Spurrier was doing it at u5c.

I'm sure that was different though.

Re: Funny...

Nov 28, 2018, 12:43 PM

Can you actually find an example of him doing that?

Or are you just making things up as usual?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 12:56 PM

This argument confuses me. USC was in the red zone 2X to score, but were stopped. If you don't want the opposing team to score, then stop them. The game doesn't end until the clock says 00:00. Beware of Alabama next year....

Nov 28, 2018, 1:15 PM

I don’t care that you scored. The difference between 14-21 points made no difference in how close the game was. That score was a big deal for you guys thought.

Apparently it's a pretty big deal for you too...

Nov 28, 2018, 1:27 PM

or you wouldn't still be here four days later whining and crying about it.

says the obsessed loser who can't stop telling us it's no

Nov 29, 2018, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Funny... ]

big deal...over and over and over and over

I sure can...

Nov 28, 2018, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Funny... ]

How about 11/28/09

Leading by 10 (27 - 17) with under 2:30 to play, Stephen Garcia completed a one yard pass to Wesley Saunders to put u5c up 34 - 17.

Now go ahead and defend, rationalize, and justify it.

Re: I sure can...

Nov 28, 2018, 1:10 PM

Poor Biggie. You’re so terrible at analogies.

Can you post what Spurrier did on the next possession with 50 seconds remaining in the game?

Thanks for proving my point***

Nov 28, 2018, 1:14 PM

Re: Thanks for proving my point***

Nov 28, 2018, 1:17 PM

lol classic biggie. Only to you can proving you wrong somehow make you right.

There is a reason you’re not posting what Spurrier did the next series.

But everyone knows why you won’t. Because Spurrier kneeled the ball when he had the opportunity to run out the clock with 50 seconds to go.

Clemson didn't have the ball at the end of the game...

Nov 28, 2018, 1:25 PM

u5c did.

When Spurrier scored late, you didn't hear Clemson fans whining about it.

It's not the offenses job to stop itself.

You were lucky the Clemson offense didn't hang 70+ on your pitiful defense. If not for a dropped pass in the endzone, a fumble by Dixon, and a bogus offensive PI call, Clemson easily score another 21 points.

Re: Clemson didn't have the ball at the end of the game...

Nov 28, 2018, 1:34 PM

“Clemson didn’t have the ball at the end of the game”

?? obviously because you felt the need to score with 50 seconds left when you could have run out the clock.

When USC has the ball with 50 seconds left in 09 we just went ahead and took a knee.

It’s literally the perfect comparison and you’re refusing to even consider being reasonable. I love your dedication.

So you're saying that in 09...

Nov 28, 2018, 1:53 PM

when the game was clearly over, the last u5c score, rather than taking a knee, was OK.

Typical Clueless09 !!!

It seems to me that my example is the perfect comparison and it is you who is refusing to even consider being reasonable.

Re: So you're saying that in 09...

Nov 28, 2018, 2:09 PM

?????? It amazes me you can even make that post with a straight face.

During our last score we couldn’t take a knee because there was too much time on the clock. It was a 4th down and goal with 2:33 to go.

During our last drive when we had the ability to run out the clock, that’s exactly what we did.

What are you struggling to understand here?

I understand perfectly...

Nov 28, 2018, 2:33 PM

When Spurrier, the all-time champion of running-up the score on opponents, does it, you rationalize, justify and defend it.

When anyone else does it, you whine and cry about it like a prepubescent little girl.

Re: I understand perfectly...

Nov 28, 2018, 4:56 PM

Your willful ignorance is outstanding.

Is butthurt all you get, or do you get irony too?***

Nov 29, 2018, 1:12 PM

They could have taken a knee and run out the clock, but they

Nov 29, 2018, 1:10 PM [ in reply to So you're saying that in 09... ]

threw instead

Nov 28, 2018, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Funny... ]

Spurrier didn't run scores up at SC because he didn't have the horses to do it. Rest assured, if he'd had Florida talent at SC he would have tried to embarrass everyone he played - just as he did at UF.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well you're team has proven they are good sports...

Nov 28, 2018, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: u5c is a 28 point favorite over Akron... ]

When the winners try to take a knee....Right?

Sorry that SCar couldn't stop a run up the middle from 7

Nov 28, 2018, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: u5c is a 28 point favorite over Akron... ]

yards out. Member how Clemson stuffed all those goal line plays SCar ran earlier? Or how chumpy SCar was vs Florida at the end of that game when they were just taking that same knee that you've been whining about since Saturday?

Appreciate the comic relief you provide. Hey - there's always next year.

#AgainAndAgainAndAgain

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: u5c is a 28 point favorite over Akron... ]

SC scored with 2 minutes left against Vandy this year. 37-14.

Nov 28, 2018, 1:22 PM

Yeah. Do you guys really not understand the difference between the two scenarios?

Serious question? I’ll explain it if need be, but it sounds like you guys are intentionally being obtuse.

Nov 28, 2018, 2:33 PM

Yes now I see the difference. SC had a 16 point lead to Clemson’s 14. Also SC instead of scoring on 2nd down could have taken a knee 3 times and Vandy might have had 10-15 seconds to go 98 yards for a score.

Intentionally obtuse...aka Classof09***

Nov 29, 2018, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: u5c is a 28 point favorite over Akron... ]

I don't blame ya. what's 1 more loss anyway?***

Nov 28, 2018, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: u5c is a 28 point favorite over Akron... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Nov 28, 2018, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Re: u5c is a 28 point favorite over Akron... ]

The Clemson coaches saw what transpired when the Gators took a knee at the end of the game. The Gamecocks thought taking a knee was an insult so they were showing more fight at that point than they had shown during the game. To minimize possible injuries should the Tigers take a knee, the safest option was to run the ball. True to form, there was no contact by the Gamecock players and the Tigers scored another TD and escaped with no injures. Barring any serious injuries during the conference championship game, the Tigers should be in good physical shape as they march to the championship phase.

What I can't understand is the continuous whining over a TD in the closing minute of the game. The Gamecocks had 60 minutes to stop our offense. The object of your whining should be directed at your defense. All we hear from the Gamecock fans is the vaunted "$EC Defense". Yes, the Gamecocks have injuries but so do other teams. Where is that $EC depth?

To many of you Gamecock fans -------Your envy of the Tiger program is so obvious, it permeates every aspect of your thinking. If you want success, why don't you attempt to emulate what we are doing rather than spending your time whining and attempting to denigrate every aspect of our program. The national media recognizes our program as being elite and, if you happen to follow the same source, you will discover how your program is perceived, and it isn't flattering.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: u5c is a 28 point favorite over Akron... ]

How did taking a knee work out for Florida this year ? Do you really think our coaches didn't notice that ? They decided not to take a knee as part of the game plan.

Did you see the reaction of the DL when he was taken out of the FL game ? like a spoiled brat.

It’s up to 30.5 points now!!!

Nov 28, 2018, 12:20 PM

So keep it less than 24 and Parade Day in Akron on December 2nd.

Gooooo Zippers!!!

~JKB

Moot question

Nov 28, 2018, 1:22 PM

They're probably lose outright.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic