It's up and away

[6]
Posted: May 30, 2020 3:36 PM

Rocket

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: It's up and away

[3]
Posted: May 30, 2020 4:00 PM

It's amazing how we've become so much more technologically advanced since the last shuttle launch in 2011.

2020 purple level member

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

[2]
Posted: May 30, 2020 4:11 PM

Just imagine sitting on top of a Rocket going over 17,000 MPH, wow!!!

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

[1]
Posted: May 30, 2020 4:15 PM

In a NASCAR suit.

If it was nascar there would be patches all over it!***

[3]
Posted: May 30, 2020 4:48 PM

2020 white level member

Several years ago

[3]
Posted: May 30, 2020 5:32 PM

I became acquainted with a gentleman who was among the first space engineers hired by NASA when it began in the late 50s. I’ve never met a man who captivated my attention the way that Dr. Wood did that first afternoon when we met. His tales of working with von Braun in the pentagon were amazing to hear. He was the designer of the communication system used by the astronaut to converse with Houston. Imagine how totally impossible it seems to be able to talk via radio with someone on the moon! I’ve spent hours listening to this gentleman and hoping for more.

He told Me that when he finished work on the communication system he wanted to test it but was unsure exactly how to do it. He thought that the best way would be to mount the system in the fastest jet available. This was when the Mach fighter plane was being developed. He called the air base in Nevada where the fighter plane was quietly based and asked to borrow one for his test. How many guys in the world could make that request? Nevertheless the plane landed in Washington at 3:00 in the morning. Within a few minutes the air based called him and said the president had just left and suggested that he get the GD plane out of Washington immediately! So much for the test.

There are some clever people in this country and I’m counting on one to get us quickly out of this mess we are in now. It CAN happen

Re: Several years ago

Posted: May 30, 2020 10:09 PM

Dr. Wood...rocket scientist M-F...pron star on the weekends.

Re: Several years ago

Posted: May 31, 2020 10:02 AM

Not funny..... to me

Enjoyed watching that on Youtube. All the different camera

[2]
Posted: May 30, 2020 4:47 PM

views is amazing. Pretty cool that they landed stage 1 back on a drone ship.

2020 white level member

The whole thing is just awesome!***

[3]
Posted: May 30, 2020 6:13 PM

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Psychiatrist: What seems to be the problem? Patient: I think I'm a chicken. Psychiatrist: How long as this been going on? Patient: Ever since I came out of my shell.

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: We have 6 tickets in section O for sale with seat backs ! We are asking 450 per ticket and 800.00 ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
844 people have read this post