Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WF's number of plays
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

WF's number of plays

Sep 13, 2018, 8:08 PM

Already well more than what we ran last week, and they are not even in the fourth quarter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn't that fun when we went up tempo?

Sep 13, 2018, 8:10 PM

Seems like a distant memory at this point. Sad!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I agree.***

Sep 13, 2018, 8:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

53-4***

Sep 13, 2018, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Wasn't that fun when we went up tempo? ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So I take it you're pleased with the Sugar Bowl result?***

Sep 13, 2018, 8:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

So I take it you think we shoulda run HUNH?

Sep 13, 2018, 8:19 PM

The Alabama game had nothing to do with tempo.

Tiring out their defense might've slowed down their

Sep 13, 2018, 8:21 PM

pass rush some. Who knows? HUNH certainly worked well for us from 2014-2016. It's too bad we have mostly abandoned it since then.

I dont think HUNH was the answer..

Sep 13, 2018, 8:29 PM

at least against that defense that night and considering the way our OL played.

We still run tempo when we get first downs. We will run whatever we can and need to run in order to win games. We will see it again, but in any event 53-4 speaks volumes. I see no need to get all up in arms about it.

I don't think anyone is "up in arms"

Sep 13, 2018, 8:39 PM

but our significant drop off in offensive production last year and against A&M is concerning. I hope the coaches are closely evaluating and open to improvements, rather than simply patting themselves on the back for past results.

Sigh. ok..***

Sep 13, 2018, 8:40 PM

It took 99 plays to beat them the last time, it would take

Sep 13, 2018, 10:32 PM [ in reply to I dont think HUNH was the answer.. ]

at least 2 games to get to 99 playing like we did the last time we met them

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So I take it you're pleased with the Sugar Bowl result?***

Sep 13, 2018, 9:35 PM [ in reply to So I take it you're pleased with the Sugar Bowl result?*** ]

No tiger fan was.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So I take it you're pleased with the Sugar Bowl result?***

Sep 14, 2018, 6:31 AM [ in reply to So I take it you're pleased with the Sugar Bowl result?*** ]

Were you pleased with the 2012 Orange Bowl result? Tigers ran over 70 plays in that one.

Re: Wasn't that fun when we went up tempo?

Sep 13, 2018, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Wasn't that fun when we went up tempo? ]

We call plays so differently when we have a lead the tempo won't really work.

If we could get back to being aggressive in the play calling until we have a big lead we could use more tempo.

As soon as we're up by 14 we get super conservative and burn clock.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree.***

Sep 13, 2018, 8:40 PM

Nothing burns clock like

Sep 14, 2018, 12:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Wasn't that fun when we went up tempo? ]

3 and outs..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wasn't that fun when we went up tempo?

Sep 14, 2018, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Wasn't that fun when we went up tempo? ]

It hasn’t worked at all lol

We were ranked well below Wake in offense last year and they

Sep 13, 2018, 9:34 PM

had our defense on the schedule and we had their defense on the schedule. We were 38th in the nation in offense. Granted, we were one yard short of scoring 35 on Texas AM last Saturday, but we still seem to be in some kind of a funk on offense. Too many 3 and outs, to many long stretches without scoring or even driving.

We have one very green quarterback that will be a superstar someday, but probably not ready to take over the reigns and one above average qb senior that is not going to roll up yards and first downs with his arm. We have an offensive line that, well, I'll just be nice and say the jury is still out.

Oh, and Wake scored 55 on Texas Am while beating them in

Sep 13, 2018, 9:35 PM

the bowl.

Re: We were ranked well below Wake in offense last year and they

Sep 13, 2018, 9:54 PM [ in reply to We were ranked well below Wake in offense last year and they ]

I wonder where our offense would’ve been had we played an OOC schedule of Presbyterian, Utah State, App State, and ND instead of Auburn and South Carolina? Or if we had a home game against Duke from the Coastal instead of VT? Or if our defense wasn’t so great and we had to score a ton of points to stay in games?

I wonder how many points we would’ve scored against A&M in a crappy bowl with their coach fired on a neutral field as opposed to playing them on the road in front of 100,000+ fans with a highly motivated team with Gameday in town?

Excellent points all of them. But I still think we

Sep 14, 2018, 12:26 PM

have some issues on offense. Maybe I'm watching them too closely.

It's too bad we don't have more fans like you

Sep 13, 2018, 10:09 PM [ in reply to We were ranked well below Wake in offense last year and they ]

who are willing to acknowledge that our offense was very mediocre last year. Given our talent, there is no reason for us to be struggling on offense like we did last year, and seemingly this year as well.

It's easy to post our record the last few years and say that our offense must not be bad. But something is clearly amiss, and all it takes is one bad game, leading to one loss, that can completely derail our season.

If we are honest with ourselves, we will admit that our offense needs some major changes or we won't stand a chance against good defenses like we will face in the playoffs.

Wake ran 105 plays but they averaged less than 5 ypp

Sep 13, 2018, 10:07 PM

(which is rather bad) and their offense was only responsible for about 20 points. Sure they got 500 yards but they didn't get them very efficiently and their tempo led to more possessions for BC as well. Their were a TON of possessions in this game.

Re: WF's number of plays

Sep 13, 2018, 10:37 PM

# 9 needs more touches in our offense. We will win our share of games this year maybe even go undefeated but If our O does not get in gear we could get beat by (STate, BC, FSu) not saying we get beat by all three but if we do get beat by one of them the O will be the reason.

WF lost.***

Sep 14, 2018, 7:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic