Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's time to stop being terrified of ISIS or whatever
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 5,250

It's time to stop being terrified of ISIS or whatever

Jun 19, 2015, 11:14 AM

We have terrorists right here already.

Arm yourselves my friends. Together we can make this country a safer place.

If you're afraid of guns, get training. Plenty of ways to make yourself comfortable with these tools of protection.

Don't stomp on the 2nd amendment. Stomp out terrorism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR3t7j2tUec

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

too bad ibwg's not here to cry about this...***

Jun 19, 2015, 11:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No idea who that is.

Jun 19, 2015, 11:21 AM

He sounds interesting.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

he's no one of consequence.***

Jun 19, 2015, 11:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'd probably have to watch the video

Jun 19, 2015, 11:25 AM [ in reply to too bad ibwg's not here to cry about this...*** ]

at least three times

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

indeed, a problem that has increased rapidly in last 2 yrs.***

Jun 19, 2015, 11:28 AM

Sorry***

Jun 19, 2015, 11:28 AM

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

i know you are & a lot of folks are hoping you get better.***

Jun 19, 2015, 11:35 AM

It might help if I got a fruit basket in the mail***

Jun 19, 2015, 11:38 AM

Re: It might help if I got a fruit basket in the mail***

Jun 19, 2015, 11:41 AM

check t_mail.

AwwWwWWwww thanks, dsp. I've already framed it

Jun 19, 2015, 11:52 AM

and put it on my desk

What happened to him? Is he in Jamaica?***

Jun 19, 2015, 7:25 PM [ in reply to too bad ibwg's not here to cry about this...*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm not listening to a guy who identfies as a

reds fan

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i'm not listening to a guy who identfies as a

I'm pretty sure he's not British.

reds is russian . . . not british . . . duhhhhhh.

Jun 19, 2015, 11:30 AM

And yeah - he loses all credibility before even opening his mouth sporting that lid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I though reds was republican

Jun 19, 2015, 11:41 AM

You mean to tell me all those states went for Russia in the last election?

Ldamn!

I love the liberal idiotology of gun control

Jun 19, 2015, 11:26 AM

Take the guns from law abiding citizens so they can be sitting ducks for thugs who do not obey the law and that own guns. Any moron that believes this to be a good idea needs to take pepper spray to a gun fight and report back to us who wins....

Re: I love the liberal idiotology of gun control

Jun 19, 2015, 11:27 AM

-

Not thugs...terrorists***

Jun 19, 2015, 11:30 AM [ in reply to I love the liberal idiotology of gun control ]

I wish America would consider street gangs

Jun 19, 2015, 11:33 AM

Terrorist... maybe then wed do something to stop the bloodshed. Btw libs, hows gun control working in Chicago?

Yep***

Jun 19, 2015, 11:33 AM

But as an advocate of safety, we need to convince libs

Jun 19, 2015, 11:38 AM [ in reply to I wish America would consider street gangs ]

they need to carry as well. Yelling at them makes them tune out.

True

Jun 19, 2015, 11:42 AM

I have gone back and forth on this issue. Finally I am pro

Jun 19, 2015, 11:57 AM [ in reply to I love the liberal idiotology of gun control ]

gun.

I think we all should be armed once the government crosses the line and we need to take arms. Obama and the TPP is sending us in this direction.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our protection is our responsibility.

Jun 19, 2015, 11:59 AM

Starting from Military to police to off-duty to the private citizen.

We're ALL in this together.

Re: I have gone back and forth on this issue. Finally I am pro

Jun 22, 2015, 10:12 PM [ in reply to I have gone back and forth on this issue. Finally I am pro ]

you do realize the government has drones, cruise missiles, tanks, fighter jets, bombers, aircraft carriers, battleships, and a large standing military don't you? take your hunting rifle to that fight and let me know how it ends up....

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love the liberal idiotology of gun control

Jun 19, 2015, 12:25 PM [ in reply to I love the liberal idiotology of gun control ]

If guns reduce violence, why is it that the U.S. is more violent than other industrialized countries, or even more violent than a lot of dangerous countries? We have a lot more guns than these other countries. But evidence would suggest it's making us less safe.

Please note that some of the most violent

Jun 19, 2015, 12:28 PM

Cities.... Chicago, New York, Baltimore, etc have the most gun control.

Re: Please note that some of the most violent

Jun 19, 2015, 1:01 PM

Cities=more people. Moran.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gun control doesn't work-see Chicago

Jun 19, 2015, 1:16 PM

Moron

We could be like China

Jun 19, 2015, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I love the liberal idiotology of gun control ]

but you trade freedom for Communism.

Canadiens are armed. Not a lot of violence.

It's cultural.

You need to deal in reality. We are nation founded on guns whether you like it or not. That's never going to change.

Re: It's time to stop being terrified of ISIS or whatever

Jun 19, 2015, 11:40 AM

I love this guy's YT channel! I also like Alphonzo Rachel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq_UTEETRcI

ISIS makes me laugh***

Jun 19, 2015, 11:46 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that Obed?

Jun 19, 2015, 11:49 AM

Cause he's black and isn't a liberal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2015, 11:58 AM

agree with your statements 100% very well put.

Jun 19, 2015, 11:58 AM

Who's terrified of ISIS other than Rush Limbaugh?

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

You're getting slow on the trigger in your old age***

Jun 19, 2015, 12:01 PM

Re: You're getting slow on the trigger in your old age***

Jun 19, 2015, 1:28 PM

I know, a crackhead broke into my house, stole my DVD player and I was so lethargic in getting the 1100 express out of the closet that he was gone by the time I could get downstairs. Perfectly good opportunity kill someone wasted.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

Like bumpers, safety belts, airbags, driver's licenses

Jun 19, 2015, 12:11 PM

and speed limits you can impose reasonable restrictions to enhance public safety without it being "they're taking our guns away."

That seems to have been lost somewhere along the way.

Re: Like bumpers, safety belts, airbags, driver's licenses

Jun 19, 2015, 12:14 PM

I'm curious what reasonable restrictions would have prevented this tragedy or sandy hook?

That's a good question and worthy of discussion instead of

Jun 19, 2015, 12:19 PM

simply dismissing every proposal immediately and pretending that we should make it as easy as possible for these types of people to get guns.

To be fair these people are getting their

Jun 19, 2015, 12:23 PM

Guns as gifts or stealing them from people who legally obtained it... they themselves couldnt purchase one.

There are already reasonable restrictions in place

Jun 19, 2015, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Like bumpers, safety belts, airbags, driver's licenses ]

like back ground checks, non explosives, non automatic weapons, etc...

All handgun purchases and transfer are NOT subject to

Jun 19, 2015, 12:22 PM

background checks.

I own 4 handguns, and had a background check

Jun 19, 2015, 1:25 PM

that took about a week for each before I could take any of them home. (I bought them over a period of 10 years, and three of them were at gun shows). 4 guns and 4 background checks. 1 each time. I see what you're saying and I'm sure there are shady dealers out there that will pass you a handgun for cash immediately. That's where stricter laws should be implemented. I agree there.

Ive got 2 handguns, 1 shotgun, 3 rifles

Jun 19, 2015, 1:32 PM

Never waited over 45 minutes to get one in hand. 20-30 minute paperwork.... 15 minute call for background check and I was out the door. Having to wait a week is insane!

Re: Ive got 2 handguns, 1 shotgun, 3 rifles

Jun 19, 2015, 1:54 PM

The week each was from a dealer in Greenville that was at a gun show at the Spartanburg Mem. Auditorium that I dealt with each time. I payed for the gun at the show, filled out the paperwork, then he called me a week later telling me that I was "good to go" and I had to go to their business in Greenville to pick up the gun. My first purchase at a pawn shop took 48 hrs. 45 mins would be nice. lol.

Yea same for me, the multiple times I've bought one at

Jun 19, 2015, 1:55 PM

a store it's taken less than an hour usually.

The only time it took a little longer was in Dec of 2008 right after Obamma was elected. Allen Arms was jam packed with people buying guns haha

You're ignoring one gigantic fact...

Jun 19, 2015, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Like bumpers, safety belts, airbags, driver's licenses ]

Bearing arms is outlined in our sacred documents of laws. Very clear that we have a RIGHT to bear arms from the moment we are born.

You do not have a right to drive. Plus, driving is far more dangerous than owning a gun.

Infringing on our rights is THE problem.

There should be no barrier in obtaining your God given right to self preservation.

As are you. But, this is the type of resistance that we are

Jun 19, 2015, 12:25 PM

faced with at the mere mention of any sort of reasonable restrictions.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." It's as if those words don't even exist.

We have well regulated Militia, it's called

Jun 19, 2015, 12:28 PM

police and military.

The point is clear, EVERYONE has a right to bear arms.

Everybody? No matter how crazy?

Jun 19, 2015, 12:30 PM

and without any reasonable restrictions?

That is the type of extremism that I am referring to.

Crazy people do have those same rights.

Jun 19, 2015, 12:33 PM

As they do every other right.

That's why it's important everyone is armed and not just the crazies.

Wow!

Jun 19, 2015, 12:59 PM

Now THAT is crazy.

Many people would define me as crazy

Jun 19, 2015, 7:36 PM

I have a mental illness, bipolar disorder. I own a gun. I've never once considered going out and shooting someone though, even before I was on medication. Not all people with mental illness have those problems. But yet, we're not allowed to purchase firearms. Too bad because I really want a new Glock.

Re: Crazy people do have those same rights.

Jun 19, 2015, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Crazy people do have those same rights. ]

I agree with you 100%. Only a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun. End of story. If we take guns away from law abiding citizens, then only criminals will have them. I don't understand why this is so difficult for so many to grasp. Completely eliminating guns in the US will NEVER happen. What makes libs think that strict gun laws will deter criminals (who don't care about the law anyway) from getting guns?

There's just not a good way to decipher who's crazy

Jun 19, 2015, 1:13 PM

and who's not.

I get the felons not being able to purchase weapons. But even I think they should be given their rights back. Especially if they are good citizens after they get out of prison.

Re: There's just not a good way to decipher who's crazy

Jun 19, 2015, 1:29 PM

True.

Re: We have well regulated Militia, it's called

Jun 20, 2015, 4:31 PM [ in reply to We have well regulated Militia, it's called ]

> police and military.
>
> The point is clear, EVERYONE has a right to bear arms.

Actually, as much as I respect you Tiger, I must humbly disagree. The framers enacted the 2nd amendment: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." The "well regulated militia" wasn't the police and the military, it was the "collection" of citizens who could be called upon to protect their state. Clearly the "militia", which prefaces the amendment and to which the balance of the amendment hinges were everyday farmers and citizens who could be called up as a military force to
collectively defend the sovereignty of the state from other states or countries.

The Supreme Court held in 1876 in U.S. vs Cruikshank, "The right to bear arms is not granted by the Constitution; neither is it in any manner dependent upon that instrument for its existence" which limited the applicability of the Second Amendment to the federal government.

Again in 1939 the Supreme Court held in U.S. vs Miller that the 2nd Amendment, that the possession of a firearm had to have "some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia . . . ." The court then explained that the framers included the 2nd amendment to maintain the effectiveness of the military.

That "collective defense" interpretation stood for almost 70 year until the Supreme Court ruled in 2008 in District of Columbia vs Heller that the 2nd Amendment did grant the "individual" the right to own handguns (5-4 decision).

Ultimately, the individual vs collective argument will continue until the day we die. And the interpretation of the 2nd Amendment will continue to change based on the who populates the Supreme Court.

Finally, in a conversation with a local Sheriff's Deputy last week, he told me that the idea the everyone that he stops might have a handgun makes his job terrifying and will certainly result in a whole lot of innocent people being killed by a lot of police officers.

In my bleeding heart liberal view (Fox News is the spawn of Satan) more guns means more violence and more innocent deaths.

Go Tigers!

Re: We have well regulated Militia, it's called

Jun 22, 2015, 9:50 PM

Appreciate the response. I imagine the founding fathers meant for the 2nd amendment to make it easier for landowners to protect their land. Same concept applies today.

The world is probably just as dangerous today as it was back then. Personally I think everyone should be forced to join the military where they can be taught how to handle
firearms on top of sacrificing a little for your country.

In the end , it's all about self-preserverence and everyone has that right.

There needs to be a diff in what I can publicly carry vs own

Jun 19, 2015, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Like bumpers, safety belts, airbags, driver's licenses ]

If I think I need a tank to protect my home, I should be allowed to have it. But there should be laws that keep me from taking my tank to main street.

On the flip side, if public places like malls want to prevent someone from carrying a gun for protection (they own the building its their legal right to limit what I can do in their building) then they should have to provide legit security. Not just Asa Breeney from Mayberry. If they don't, then folks should be able to carry what they legitimately might need.

You can own a tank and drive it down main street.

Jun 19, 2015, 1:39 PM

It just can't have tracks.

Maybe

Jun 19, 2015, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Like bumpers, safety belts, airbags, driver's licenses ]

they should add the restriction that you're not allowed to use the weapon you buy for murder or any other violent crime.

I bet they won't go to Gaffney.***

Jun 19, 2015, 12:18 PM

null

Unless they want their throats cut.***

Jun 19, 2015, 1:11 PM

^^^And then that happened***

Jun 19, 2015, 1:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I bet they won't go to Gaffney.***

Jun 19, 2015, 1:39 PM [ in reply to I bet they won't go to Gaffney.*** ]

hey yankee boy, we gone spat now?

Re: I bet they won't go to Gaffney.***

Jun 19, 2015, 7:17 PM [ in reply to I bet they won't go to Gaffney.*** ]

Or Spartanburg.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh no? Those guns keep you safe there in Gaffney?

Jun 19, 2015, 9:41 PM [ in reply to I bet they won't go to Gaffney.*** ]

Look up the name Patrick Tracy Burris and let me know what you find out.

null

Jun 20, 2015, 4:37 PM

We could have avoided this if more priests were packing heat. I think we need more guns in churches too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Foe of evil- Oh Mighty Isis?

Jun 20, 2015, 4:47 PM

I am so confused

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYmbt2RVqCg

Replies: 70
| visibility 5,250
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic